Dr. Emma Laureta MD Patient Reviews

• Child Neurology Smithtown, NY

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

May 4th, 2016
DO YOURSELF AND YOUR CHILD A FAVOR AND DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR. She was very pushy during our son's hospital stay. Scaring us, telling us the horrible things he could have wrong. Trying to push us into doing tests that were not necessary. But that is not all - she read an EEG report for my son saying that it was abnormal. We later went to a much more experienced doctor who looked at the report and laughed that this doctor marked it as abnormal. Because it was normal! She thought a spike that was on it meant it was abnormal when the other doctor clearly showed us and explained to us that it was clear to anyone who knows how to read this that it was a spike due to movement. This doctor along with others on staff at Cohen's Medical Center of NY had us worried sick for over a month about our son. When it turned out (as we expected) to be a fluke thing that happened to him due to a high fever. I'm sorry, but I do not agree with having unnecessary medical tests, especially on a child. And what really gets to me is that she can't even read the report correctly. LEARN HOW TO DO YOUR JOB!!!