Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Stay away.  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2014

I truly have not had a worse doctor experience than the one I had with Dr. Laureta. My son is delayed and my wife and I were trying to explore all avenues of what might be going on with him. From the moment we walked into her office, Dr. Laureta was looking at her computer (apparently cramming to retrieve some information on my son from his previous visit to the Developmental Pediatrician in the same practice). She was distant and unfriendly at first (fine, I get it...), but when she began giving her opinion on my son (within all of TWO minutes of superficial observation), she expressed that he may have autism. Now the fact that I (along with his Developmental Pediatrician) do not believe this is one thing. My complaint is the WAY she gave her opinion. Cold. Indifferent. Like we were talking about an engine malfunction in a car. When I challenged the doctor and attempted to give her some insight about how he has sensory issues and is sensitive and acts different in certain situations, she arrogantly stated that she "has been doing this for 20 years" and to "google" symptoms of autism. Yes. Your 20 years of experience did nothing for your bedside manner, obviously.