Dr. Emman Hussny MD Patient Reviews

• 4 reviews

October 18th, 2014
ANOTHER office visit? Really? I am questioning the rationale...
When Dr. Hussny left Heritage Family Practice in Fairfax and set up her own practice in Gainesville, I weighed the inconvenience of that new location -- far from my home base -- but decided she was worth the trouble. But lately, even for the most minor aches or pains or medication decisions, I have been asked to come in for an office visit. I never see other patients there, and suspect perhaps her business is not thriving and she may be asking patients to visit so that she gets insurance reimbursement. I've also been unimpressed with her attitude of "OK, which pill will we add to your regimen" all the time. I'm under 60 and when my DEXA test (bone density) showed borderline osteopenia, she was more interested in having me visit the office for yet another prescription than in reviewing my situation. Fact is, I've been on Prevacid for GERD for years, and that decision is worth reconsidering since Prevacid interferes with calcium absorption (and hence can lead to osteoporosis). I am annoyed that the answer is "Let's add another pill" instead of "Let's figure out the right solution," Sadly, after many years, I am going to seek another GP. I have a minor muscle sprain (which Dr. H already evaluated) and wanted her to give me a prescription for physical therapy via email or phone or mail, but the response was -- yet again -- "You need to come in for an office visit." No, I don't. The physical therapist typically evaluates the injury by noting range of motion and pain issues, much moreso than Dr. Hussny does, so I don't see the point of another office visit. Unless the payment from the insurance company is the incentive...? Call me, Disillusioned

April 3rd, 2012
Rose Bonner
I was a patient of Dr. Hussny when she practiced in Fairfax, Va.. Upon her move to Gainesville I followed her. In my opinion, shes an excellent Doctor. She has always taken the time to listen to me describing my problems.She's an excellent Doctor.

November 20th, 2011
In her new practice
Dr. Hussny and her nurse Holly moved from Heritage Family Practice to an individual practice a few months ago. Right now it's pretty easy to get an appointment, with little waiting, but that probably won't last long. Dr. Hussny is now placing more emphasis on a more personal service experience and does it very well. She's an advocate of a whole foods diet and her practice is bound to grow quickly.

September 22nd, 2009
Dr. Hussny is one of the best Doctor's I have ever had.
My experience with Dr. Hussny and her nurse Holly has always been great. However, the overall administrative staff is where I find that service is lacking. They are not as friendly or receptive as they could be and this is not just to me but by observing as other patients come and go I have noticed this interaction. Also, they have made some errors, such as sending me to the wrong doctor and that resulted in aditional waiting time so that Dr. Hussny could "squeeze" me into her schedule, and one delay was as much as 1 hour because they forgot that I was in the waiting room, and I have had a few "accidental" disconnection while trying to schedule appointments. If it were not for Dr. Hussny and Holly and their bedside manner, I am sure that I would have changed my primary care service provider. I just hope that Dr. Hussny stays with this practice for a long time to come. My overall impression is that Dr. Hussny, is a joy to work with and her knowledge and concern for her patients is outstanding.