Dr. Emmanuel Hostin MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery New York, NY

March 16th, 2016
Dr Hostin is exceptional, very personal and concerned. very professional

February 10th, 2016
Mrs.
Dr. Hostin was the doctor I consulted about the tears in my shoulder. Dr Hostin performed my shoulder surgery. He was upfront about what I need to do to recover. He made me feel like family. He has a great sense of humour. If I had to do it again. I would choose Dr. Hostin.

November 17th, 2015
Dr. Hostin Emmanuel did the surgey on knee in 2009. The staff took good care of a car service was call to take me home after the surgey.

March 5th, 2015
I have never gone online to give a negative review for a doctor but I was so upset after my visit to Dr. Hostin, I want to ensure others know what to expect. I found him to be condescending (didn't explain what he felt was going on and answered my questions in a flippant manner, as if he was trying to be funny). He also had a very poor bedside manner (didn't even bother shaking my hand when he entered or exited the room, and when he finished simply left- in fact, I had to call back to him and ask if I could leave or if I should wait). Before he came in, the PA said I should avoid stairs for now and explained the exercises I should avoid in physical therapy, but he did not address any of this when he came in and when he told me he wants me to stop using crutches and I asked, "What do I do if I need to walk far and am feeling pain?" he answered, "Tough luck, deal with it." The entire visit I felt he was amused at something that eluded me- perhaps he thought he was being funny. I was not amused. This was my one and only visit- so perhaps it was an off day for him- but based on my experience, if you are looking for someone to take your concerns seriously and make you feel respected and listened to- go to someone else.