Dr. Emmanuel Mbualungu MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Washington, DC

December 29th, 2015
I love Dr. Mbualungu. He is informative, personable and professional. Not arrogant as I've seen lots of doctors. However, it is sooooo difficult to get an appointment with him. There have been times when I've had to call several DAYS in a row, several times a day before I got a live person on the line. Once someone answered the phone I would then have to wait another month for my appointment. That has almost led me to consider another physician.

October 15th, 2015
He is the best and a great listener.

May 3rd, 2013
Lifesaver!
Dr. Mbualungu is too cool! My visits are always like the best of care... from a buddy! The office staff is pretty nice too!

January 9th, 2012
Great, caring doc, unreliable practice
I really like Dr. M. He's got a great, warm bedside manner, and always treats me with respect and humanity. He's an independent thinker-not your average diagnostic robot. He admits what is unknown and unstudied, and doesn't treat you like a psych patient if your medical problems evade easy diagnosis and treatment. I have a great deal of respect for him.Unfortunately I find his practice very unreliable. There are often stretches of several business hours when his office line only rings to a busy signal, and you cannot leave a message or reach an answering service. He admits that this is an ongoing problem, but never seems to apologize for it or express concern about improving it. I've waited literally months (with regular telephone nagging) to be informed of test results. My boyfriend joked that we should go to the office and physically retrieve and walk the test results up from the lab two floors down, or it would never get done. The office staff haven't been able to find my chart on two occasions, and have made up new ones for me on both. I've sent multiple faxes where were claimed to never be received. The office staff are all sweet women, but some important things slide. The doctor has completed about half of the follow up calls which he has promised. I really like this doc, but until he gets his office together, I am looking for a replacement who is reachable and who follows up.

January 9th, 2012