A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Emmet Keeffe:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Emmet Keeffe is Poor.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Keeffe
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Patient Education Vitals patient guide for information about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) symptoms and causes of IBS.Before Visiting Dr. Keeffe Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Emmet Keeffe, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Chronic Hepatitis B
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Cirrhosis (Biliary)
- Liver Disease (Alcoholic)
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Failure
- Liver Failure (Acute)
- Liver Transplantation
- Portal Hypertension
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Keeffe graduated from Creighton University, Omaha. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Keeffe has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Emmet Britton Keeffe MD is a male Internist, has 42 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Emmet B. Keeffe practice?
- Dr. Emmet Keeffe has 2 office locations.
Dr. Emmet Keeffe practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Palo Alto, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Stanford, CA.
See Palo Alto Internists and Palo Alto Gastroenterologists.