Dr. Emmet Kenney Jr MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 5 reviews

March 15th, 2016
BEST PSY. FOR MILES & MILES, A++++++,
Ive seen Dr Kenney quite a lot actually, over a period of 12-18 months now. I've also been to countless others throughout my life and Ive found Dr Kenney to be nothing short of AMAZING at his profession. He is so very very knowledgable and he clearly keeps up with the latest research in his field. Just as importantly, he spends quality TIME with me-- ALL the time we need, each visit- regardless of what else is going on. Ive NEVER felt rushed or not listened to. His expertise has blessed me in so many ways. I simply cannot review him high enough to explain how wonderful he has been for me. I have several other meds with side effects to have to deal with as well as several other diagnoses, and he has always kept me safe while finding a regimen that works specifically for ME. So when it comes to knowing what works for what symptoms, what doesn't, side effects, and everything related to the brain and the body, he is second to NONE. Period. Now when it comes to the office I will have to admit that on at least two occasions, I had to wait more than a half an hour beyond my set appt time. However I realize that this was to allow a visit for a patient that needed to be seen right away. I appreciate knowing that if Im ever in that position- where I absolutely must see him, that he will be able to do this for me. Ive also had two separate appts where I went in a quite a bit earlier, and yet he took me right away-- even though it was not yet time for my appt. Therefore, my entire visit was concluded before my scheduled appt time arrived. One particular day I realized that I had double booked myself so I phoned his office asking if there was any way to work this out- he said for me to come in as soon as I could [which was about 40 mins prior to my scheduled time] so, I did. I saw him immediately upon arriving, and again, was out of there in time to make it to the second appt I had made for myself at the same time, but at a different Dr.'s office. So I find his practice to be extremely accommodating. Dr. Kenney and all of his staff are terrific people to work with. You know how sometimes you get a look- or even an attitude- from staff- like you are lesser of a person because you may suffer from a mental illness like depression... how they treat you differently, like they are better than you? I know Ive found this time and time again in other offices throughout my life [I am 43 and have seen psy. for more than 20 years]. However Im so pleased to be able to report that not one single person in this office has EVER ever made me feel like a second class citizen, or that I was beneath them. The ladies up front are great- respectful and very helpful. Dr Kenney himself is, in my view, a little quiet... and perhaps could have room to work on having a super-duper bedside manner. However he is the absolute best physician Ive ever seen for my issues and I easily give up a little chit-chat and smiles for high quality, state of the art, current medical knowledge and expertise! My life has changed dramatically [for the positive] since finding Dr Kenney and getting set up on a new regimen of meds and therapy. I am so very grateful for him! I am so relieved to have finally found someone I can truly trust, who always has my best interests in mind, 100% of the time.

July 17th, 2013
Compassionate care
Thankful for the compassionate care he has provided our family member . We finally feel we have found a Dr. who understands meds. Would highly recommend.

July 9th, 2013
Does not get to know the patient at all. In fact if there is a question on meds he is very difficult to get a hold of. Trying to renew a prescription is really difficult if the pharmacy has to call him. I would not suggest this dr. to anyone. He has canceled an appt. at last minute which is difficult since I have to take work off and my daughter has to get out of school.

June 25th, 2013
received quality care
My child has seen Dr. Kenney for the last year and he has given us exceptional care. He is caring and knowledgeable.

June 18th, 2013
Very disappointed. Does not try to get to know the patient. Write's prescriptions and follows a check list. You are way better off to stay with a primary physician.