Anesthesiologist, Physiatrist, Neurologist
90 Morgan St
Ste 207-208
Stamford, CT 06905
(203) 325-4087
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Talks Bad About Other Doctor's  |  show details
by Negative Zero Stars Sorry on Mar 20th, 2014

Bad mouths other Doctor's which is not NOT OK! Spoke bad about my prior PM who I loved. Spoke bad about my Primary DOCTOR WHO REFERRED. Negative negative negative. PS Staff seemed nice though

|  Dr Lu terrible bedside manner  |  show details
by Sarah on Feb 28th, 2014

First I had to wait for over an hour after my scheduled appointment time to see the doctor. Once she came into the room (no apology for the wait) it was all she could do to look up from her computer to speak to me and look me in the eye. I felt rushed and she seemed annoyed that I did not just want a prescription. I am looking elsewhere for pain management.

|  great experience!  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2014

I am so glad to finally have a doctor who is compassionate and does not judge me. She has been encouraging and sensitive toward me. She even used the word courageous to describe me one day. I have not been able to have a treatment yet due to some complications from surgery but I am finally ready. I will update this at a later time. Her staff is WONDERFUL too. Especially Mary. More to come...

|  Concerned Patient  |  show details
by Concerned Patient on Jan 29th, 2014

I'm a concerned former patient; it is helpful for others who are considering this pain management practice to get as many opinions as possible. This provider, from outward appearance, seems friendly with normal intent to help control pain. The reception person is friendly and helpful when making appointments. The concern lies with the provider and inner staff. The first red flag is raised when a patient attempts to participate in their care; your opinion is not welcomed. Moreover, if your opinion is not perfectly in line with the Provider's then your in trouble; she will impose her will over yours by ignoring your concerns and proscribing what she believes is needed or "safe". An office which can be described as a passive aggressive personality. If you disagree with the safety of a medication , you are met with chastisement and verbal abuse from non-medical staff and will be ignored by the Provider. The Provider will not return your calls if you have a problem with proscribed medication. Read the Provider's response to one of the previous critical Reviewers before this review; a vicious attack upon that Reviewers character; that was not right for a Provider to do, not Professional and vicious. It is unfortunate but it is better to avoid this office.

|  She cancelled the appointment at the last minute  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2013

I would not recommend an appointment with Dr. Lu. I had an appointment scheduled with her office for 3 weeks, and she had her secretary call to cancel on me in the afternoon at 4:30 PM the day before the appointment. She could not re-schedule me for another appointment and had to give me an appointment with another physician in her practice. Very unprofessional. The reason for canceling the appointment was that she "had to go to the hospital for a procedure." Why would Dr. Lu have clinic days that are on the same days as procedure days?

|  Patient  |  show details
by Toni Kokoros on Aug 9th, 2013

I have had a wonderful experience with Dr. Lu. She has been very helpful with the pain treatment I have received. She listens, is pleasant, and truly cares. She has a great personality. I cannot stress enough how much Dr Lu has helped me. Her receptionist and assistants are also very friendly and personable. I recommend her highly.

|  Would recommend to anyone  |  show details
by Teodoro Alicea on Apr 1st, 2013

Emmy Lu is a great doctor, very kind, polite and professional. Receptionist are kind and attentive. Always give you a call too remind you of your appointments for those that are forgetfull as myself. Very clean environment. I travel all the way from New York to see this doctor so that should tell you how good they are. I would recommend anyone with serious pain too go see this doctor.

|  Very unhappy!!!  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

She is not a caring doctor in my opinion. She had a terrible bedside manner, and judged my character before getting to know me as a patient!! I found this to be very upsetting, and NOT a good way to get a trusting and healthy doctor/patient relationship going. My calls were not returned, and I was in excruciating pain. I would definitely not recommend this person to anyone!!

|  Great personality. Very through  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

Great experience for first time appointment. I am very pleased she is my Doctor.

|  Excellent care  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Lu to evaluate pain relative to a back problem. Appointmentswere expediated due to my pain level. Dr. Lu provided efficient and excellent care. She took the time to clearly evaluate and explain the nature of the issues, meds to be taken and the treatment plan. Highly recomended.

Apr 22nd, 2012

Attentive and caring doctor.

|  Superb, Caring Pain Relief - A Blessing  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2012

I have been Dr. Lu's for almost five years now. Dr. Lu provides compassionate care and is not satisfied until she finds the medications that will provide you with the greatest relief from pain. She actively works on my care and the quality and comfort of my daily life has improved greatly. I have referred family and friends to Dr. Lu for her expert and friendly patient care. My experience has also been very positive with Dr. Lu's friendly and caring staff. Mary is fantastic!

Aug 26th, 2011

This doctor doesn't care about treating the patient. She is cold and made me feel as if something is wrong with me for wanting to get treatment for my pain. She also tried to stop me from being able to see other doctors. She made me feel like a drug addict even though I have no history of drug abuse and have all of my medical records proving that I have chronic pain. By far the worst doctor I have ever seen, and not a very good person either.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, narcotics prescribed for pain can be abused or diverted which is a common occurence in pain management practice. Such situations can be resolved when the patient is accepting of the problem and willing to taper under medical supervision. Unfortunately, there can also be anger and unacceptance when an addiction is suspected. Pain management is able to offer other alternatives to minimize the use of narcotics.

by Stamford Resident on Sep 21st, 2010

First time visitor, showed up 5 min early to fill out the required paperword.

by JOANNE BERG on Aug 13th, 2010

Dr lU IS A VERY GOOD DOCTOR . THE BEST!!!!

|  ying and yang  |  show details
May 11th, 2010

the doctor says one thing and does another ,always in a hurry