Dr. Emory Collins Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Emory Collins?

Childhood Asthma

Childhood Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Emory Collins?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 19th, 2016

Excellent Pediatric GI doc

Dr. Collins is excellent with my son. He always takes time at appointments to answer all questions and explain everything fully.

March 31st, 2016

Dr. Collins is a fantastic doctor. His bedside manor is fantastic.

July 17th, 2013

We have been to so many doctors and say that see dr Collins has been the best. My husband and I have been treated like we had know idea what we were talking about because we are first time parents with our child starting simptumes at 3 months old and turning to an emergency even then the doctors ignored us until we demanded something to be done, we were told how hard it is to find a doctor, and it would take months to get an appointment, which found to be true we called one after another dr Collins gave us an appointment th next day and called the labs more than once because of there mistake is the best doctor we've seen, I'd like to say he was the only doctor who talked or even tried to make comfortable our toddler who had been through so much, and even asked me what I wanted and how I felt, even if his staff is rude which I have not experienced, it is worth it to see him thank you dr Collins for saving our baby

April 7th, 2011

How important is support staff to your experience?

My husband and I were relieved after we visited Dr. Collins with the idea that we had an action plan for our daughter. They told us to call frequently with updates and they would tweak her plan. The first time I called... NO response. I waited 2 weeks and called back. Second time, I got an answering machine and let them know that I had an update and for them to call me back. I got a RUDE message back (from Debra). She said that she could not pass my info along to the dr./nurse without a complete update. I told her that I got no response from the first call (to which she replied that I had their # blocked, yet she called me on that same number) and told her that I got a rude message in response to the second call (to which she assured me that it was not a rude message. She was just relaying policy). At that time, I gave her my update. I have not heard from anyone for 4 days now. I just called with another update today.My plan is to call everyday with an update now until I hear from medical personnel. I am also writing Dr. Collins to let him know that his staff may be costing him patients. If I still hear nothing, I will be changing doctors. I do not want to go somewhere else as I did like Dr. Collins, but it is not worth dealing with an unprofessional receptionist to keep him as our doctor.

January 26th, 2011

Dr. Collins has taken care of all my children and is an excellent caring doctor and does a great job of conveying to kids that he cares and has their undivided attention during the visit and his staff responding to office calls and are very helpful. I would recommend this doctor to anyone. He has helped all my kids.

April 17th, 2010

LOST ALL RESPECT FOR DR. COLLINS

This place is a joke. No doubt about it. Up until recently I thought that it was the "girls" in his office, who were rude, never relayed messages, and never done paper work. But yesterday I found out first hand it is most certainly NOT just the girls in his office it is HIM! He is a coward. I personally asked to speak with him and instead of him answering the phone he had his nurse Denise answer the phone. And she told me because I was LOST trying to find his office we were no longer a patient there. And to me all that says is you COWARD! The is NO compassion in this office they could care less how sick your child is. He is one of those doctors that are in this profession for the MONEY and that is it. In my own opinion he has NO business what so ever working with CHILDREN, because their lives me NOTHING to him.

January 16th, 2010

The doctor is not worth the hassle

I will never take my child to this office again. Having to deal with the nurse, Denise, is more headache than anyone needs in a lifetime. She is rude, uncaring, condescending and flat out unprofessional. Too bad though. Dr. Collins is a good doctor; just not enough so that I would deal with his nurse in order to see him.

December 31st, 2009

Dr Collins has the worst staff members in the medical field..My first visit there was the most unpleasant visit you could possibly imagine as his staff members were very rude and extremely obnoxious.I was literally in tears from the way they were talking to me and treating me...but i wasnt there for me i was there for my 16 month old son at the time who has a eating disorder so i swallowed my pride in hopes that Dr Collins would be able to help and it took months to get the appt.. i didnt want to have to wait months longer to get another DR. so we waited and when we seen Dr Collins i thought wow he is nothing like his staff...He actually seemed to care or be concerned about my child...but after the 2nd visit i realized he is a lot like his staff..Uncaring and inconsiderate to my concerns for son..I was having a issue that i really needed to talk to dr Collins about...but his staff didnt think it was important and didnt return my phone calls which in all i called a total of 22 times in 8 days..was told i would get a return call each day and never received one...One time I was told to call back in 10 minutes and when I did and they were closed.. I felt like they were totally ignoring me and my request....it is very frustrating to try and talk to your childs Dr and be ignored...finally on the 8th working day i talked to the nurse Denise who after butting heads with her for 30 minutes told me she wasnt worried about my child...she wasnt worried at all about my child...making sure she said it twice..she decided that "we" would agree to disagree and she removed me from the Dr practice...Well i have 3 children and we moved a few times and seen many Dr's but i must say that at Dr Collins office i have never been treated so lowly in such an uncompassionate uncaring way in all my life..And my only downfall was to be concerned about my now 2 year old who also did nothing be have a illness that required the concern , compassion and attention of a specialist who pretty said he dont care through his staff members...I recommend that if there is anyway possible to see any other dr in the world besides him it would be in your best interest.Although i still have to say i dont truly know if Dr Collins ever got one of my messages through his staff members or if they took it upon themselves to play Dr. Fortunately enough there are other Pediatric Gastroenterologist located in the same area so your are not stuck being treated like a piece of trash that blew in the door off the sidewalk when you walk in there.

December 29th, 2009

Doc Great - Staff is o.k.

Doc Collins is a kind considerate man and has a good repore with my child. When you are at his office, the people are friendly to your face-and in the office-you have his full attention. He does not rush through the appointment. He is a good doctor, good listener and has a good bedside manner to deal with children. However, if you need to reach him-by phone...forget it. The office will call you at THEIR CONVENIENCE-You are at their mercy and let me tell you they have NONE. (Even if you feel it is an emergency-it is not to them.) It is easy to get an appointment when you make it in advance as you are leaving the office, but it is NOT easy if you have to reschedule or if something comes up that you feel should be addressed earlier then your scheduled date. Also, the waiting time has improved-but I have waited anywhere from 15 minutes (the norm) to over an hour (one occassion)since I have been dealing with this doctor. Overalll, I like Dr. Collins and MOST of his staff, but let me tell you I am coming close to butting heads with one staff member in particular. I am considering switching. This is unfortunate, because my child REALLY likes Dr. Collins.

August 10th, 2009

Dr. Collins is definitely one of the best pediatric gastroenterologists out there. Two summers ago I was hospitalized for a week because my first doctor had me on all the wrong meds and Dr. Collins was my doctor while I was in Akron Children's Hospital. He was genuinely concerned with my problem and before I knew he it he had me fixed. My mom and I now drive 45 minutes to see him every 2 months and it's my favorite doctor visit. Thanks Dr. Collins! :)

July 17th, 2017