Internists, Pediatrician
5350 University Pkwy
Ste 101
Sarasota, FL 34243
941-917-4675
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  show details
Mar 16th, 2014

Awful! And the front desk was extremely rude!

|  Not for geriatric patients  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2014

My good friend who is in her 80s went to see her and was very ill. Sallam spent 2 seconds with her and told her to come back in a week. My friend had questions and was feeling worse. Instead of answering her questions, Sallam told her to have the home health nurse answer them....the nurse who my friend doesn't even know when the nurse will arrive! Sallam wants her to follow up in a week! 3 visits for the same illness! I hope my friend doesn't end up in the emergency room before home health can answer her questions on her medications. Beware, if you are an older patient, don't see Sallam.

|  Misdiagnosed My Baby  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2013

She is nice, gentle lady. But she is not a very good doctor in her skills as a general practitioner. She misdiagnosed my baby's severe intolerance problems as simple baby's temporary digestive issues, which led to serious malnutrition and abnormal development. She lacks practical experiences in diagnoses and tends to refer patients to specialists even when it may not be necessary, because I believe she does not want to take responsibility.

|  Dr. Sallam is a wonderful Doctor, however...  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2013

Dr. Sallam is a wonderful Doctor, however the front desk workers are horrible! If you call and get Mary she is nice, but if you get Wendy, then forget about it... She has to be the worst person to speak with. Wendy is rude, not helpful, and appears to hate her job. When I call the office and get her, sometimes I hang up because it is not worth the abuse. I then try back later and hope for Mary. I continue to see Dr. Sallam because she is an amazing Dr. who care about every patient like they are family! Her nurse assistant Kimberly is pretty awesome too! I recommend Dr. Sallam to people, but please watch out for Wendy!!!

|  show details
Apr 8th, 2012

I feel Dr. Sallam truly cares about her patients, not just on the office visit but for follow up appointments. Never have I had a Dr. call me personally at 8:45am (not the nurse) to discuss a diagnosis and further treatment. I'm grateful she is my internist and would recommend her to any of my friends.Best, Gail Weaver/new patient since 2011