Dr. Endrika Hinton MD Patient Reviews

• Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Lutherville Timonium, MD

3.9

November 7th, 2016
Professional and Kind
I really enjoyed my visit with Dr. Hinton. My obgyn refered me to Dr. Hinton for an abnormal pregnancy/possible ectopic pregnancy. My husband and I went into this appointment with fear. Dr. Hinton made us feel at ease. She gave us more information then any doctor we had previously seen. She was very friendly and kind. We are going through a sad and sensitive situation and Dr. Hinton made us feel more comfortable and truly cared about. I highly recommend her.

August 4th, 2016
Appt 2012 -gave up finally diagnosed
I didn't leave a review before but now I had to share my visit with another doctor and when I pulled her info and saw the other reviews I feel the need to comment ..I was sent to her because of her endo hormonal expertise I had already had a hysterectomy for uterine ca ...I was gaining weight, break out in sweats in the dead of winter ,mood changes, bloating, pelvic cramps, bowel issues , burping and gas ...she never even mentioned testing me for ca125 or hormones ...she told me basically to go on a diet and excercise ...even after I explained to her and showed her my records of being thin use to be able to jog but between the pain and taking care of two kids and working full time I was always exhausted and this was not my norm ...so I never went back however I have been DC with estrogen dominance now on progesterone which helped regulate my thyroid hormone levels and waiting on ovarian biopsy results...she did take a lot of time with me however basically to tell me to eat vegetables no carbs or sugar and fish and force my self to excersize ...when someone is in pain and there lifestyle has been affected and there looking for answers to why and they are basically told they are fat by someone who looks malnurshed and by fat I only weighed 175 lbs I know seems a lot but far from morbidly obese ...when everyone asked me about my appointment and what was causing it basically could only say I'm fat ! 😢 She may help others who are thin be able to get pregnant..but if your looking to go to her for hormonal issues dont waste your time! And the secretary at the time wasn't very cordial either.

June 16th, 2016
No Side manner, lack of communication, incorrect diagnosis. She tells everyone they are overweight.

April 1st, 2016
Very Knowledgeable
Laparoscopic myomectomy in 2011. When I came to Dr. Hintons’ office she told me I had fibroids and the procedure I needed to ensure that I could still conceive. Up to the week of the scheduled surgery, I was still very unsure. I called Dr. Hinton’s office and I told her about my concerns she gave me additional information which helped me decide to have the surgery. Not only did I have 3 fibroids removed, she also removed endometriosis. The next year I got pregnant with my first child at 33 and I am now pregnant with my second at 37. Dr. Hinton is a blessing. I think of how her straight to the point approach aided me in having a surgery that afforded me the opportunity of having two wonderful healthy boys. The first I was able to carry full term 39 weeks and I am currently 34 weeks with my second. Disregard the negative reviews she an awesome Dr.

February 10th, 2016
She's very good! She holds no cut cards & up front! She looks at the problem piece by piece

February 5th, 2016
Knowledgeable
I was referred to Dr. Hinton over 4 years ago by my primary care doctor. Before her, I had never seen a gynecologist: I used to get annual pelvic exams done by my primary care provider. She's very knowledgeable, and she tries to keep you informed about your fertility, so there are no surprises. I appreciate her direct bedside manner because I find that it works better for my personality and the health issue I have. I've noticed about doctors in general that they get bored when you're normal (i.e., healthy and well). It makes sense really: it means they can't do anything/intervene. In that regard, I do not recommend Dr. Hinton if you are healthy and well. Seek her out when you have gynecological problems and related endocrine problems. Seek her out when you are having problems conceiving. I too used to think she was "obsessed" with weight. But she's not...you can have more difficulty conceiving or just having normal periods if you're overweight. So when she mentioned my weight, I wasn't surprised. I mean she's basically a fertility specialist...what do you expect from her? LOL I keep returning so clearly she's doing something right.

January 19th, 2016
Worth it
Dr. Hinton is a stellar doctor that shows perseverance, dedication and commitment to her more challenging "cases." She is not warm and fuzzy right off the bat but after seeing her for three years she has proven to be completely invested in my fertility and journey to be a Mom. She has a VAST knowledge of infertility, uterine anomalies and reproductive health at her disposal and will even reach out to other doctors to collaborate in times when she is stumped. Through time and her unwavering commitment to my fertility she has earned my up-most respect.

November 3rd, 2015
Excellent doctor at top of her field
Although Dr. Hinton has a serious personality, she is a phenomenal doctor. She knows her stuff and she genuinely cares about her patients. She specializes in adolescent gynecology, particularly with women who have irregular periods/PSCOS. I think the negative reviews are much too harsh and not accurate. I have a lot of confidence in her opinions and over the years I have found her to become much more pleasant in her bedside manner. Having been to various gynecologists for my issues with PSCOS, I am confident that she is at the top of her field.

March 30th, 2015
She is phenomenal! Very well educated, health conscious, and thorough. I love her!!

February 14th, 2015
Go in with eyes open
My husband and I were having trouble conceiving. I wanted to adopt but my husband was hesitant and asked me to see a fertility doctor. I didn't want IVF and my husband respected that. I could tell in that first consult that Dr. Hinton was very smart, but also opinionated. She told me that due to my age (40) nothing but IVF would work. She tried HARD to get me to take injectable fertility drugs and I said no because I didn't want twins. Dr. Hinton responded, "I'd LOVE for you to have twins." Was she going to raise and support them? Then she casually said there's always selective reduction. I told her that I wasn't as desperate as many infertile women because I considered adoption a viable alternative. She glanced and my file and said, "your husband is on antidepressants - they won't let you adopt." I explained to her that wasn't true - medical conditions, including depression, are not a barrier to adopting as long as the condition is treated and has been under control for at least two years. She said, "oh, that's good" - she seemed disappointed. We negotiated and agreed I'd have exploratory surgery for endometriosis (I had some, but it I wasn't a factor) followed by a few rounds of IUI. Six months later, when I still wasn't pregnant, my husband and I began the adoption process. Three years after that we brought home a beautiful, perfect 5-week old baby. I thought about sending Dr. Hinton a picture. If you want to conceive, I have no doubt Dr. Hinton will find a way - she is smart, driven and dedicated. But have a thick skin and do your own homework. She can be very hurtful, and she doesn't know everything she thinks she does.

October 12th, 2014
Nasty and unprofessional with obsession on weight
I went to for a routine Pap smear and was appalled by both her staff and Dr. Hinton herself . Dr Hinton told me I had no business trying for a child ( no fertility issues just felt the need to announce it to me) because she thought I was "chubby" mind you I am 5'8 and 148lbs, size 6. She even went as far as to suggest losing 10 lbs to "look better". My father is a doctor and upon hearing this, he advised me never to return. She is negligent and has a major complex with weight. Perhaps she needs to see someone in the mental health profession to get over her hang ups. I would never recommend her to anyone and feel she is rude and unprofessional. Wait times were atrocious in the waiting room and staff was rude too. Go elsewhere ,she is vile.

September 15th, 2014
Great Doctor
Dr. Hinton is a great doctor. She takes her time with you to answer your questions thoroughly. Every person has a different demeanor and her's is a bit more serious but it's your health she's serious about. Dr. Hinton is a very busy lady. She doesn't just do regular in office visits, she does surgery, and a lot of other procedures. So if you want someone that doesn't take your concerns seriously just go down the list in a phone book and just pick a random doctor. Good Luck!