inactive

Enrique A Africano MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

April 13th, 2016
You delivered two of my sons I don't think any other doctor would have delivered them healthy

November 6th, 2013
Horrible doctorj
I have diabetes and i went to the hospital and this doctor was the rudest person ive ever had to deal with at a hospital. He treated me like a crackhead because they had me on morphine and its obvious im not on any drugs because they did blood tests urine tests and my pee was clean as a whistle..I would never refer this doctor and if I could I would fire him because of how bad he made me feel..he spoke down on me and purposely took away my nausea medicine which caused me to throw up for 7 hours before a new doctor came in and gave me nausea medicine thru an IV..

March 11th, 2012
I am surprised this doctor is practicing medicine. I had him deliver our third child when we were in the military and he was rude and condesending. I didn't think he would be allowed in the civilean world since he has the worse bedside manner and seems to care less about the patient. He wanted me to have me tubes tied and decided against it. He was very upset with me. I was terrifed of him .

December 14th, 2011
Great Doctor
I almost didn't go to Dr. Africano because of the reviews. But I'm glad I tried him. He was very helpful and only cared about the safety of me and the baby. I had a hard pregnancy and had to be put on bedrest at 6 months and I was in the hospital twice before I had my son. Dr Africano always called me right back when I called the service, not the nurse...him. He does not sugar coat things. He is very to the point and tells you how it is. But he was very friendly and stays positive. When I was in the hospital he even offered my family blankets and went and got more chairs...again he did this not a nurse. I would reccomend anyone to him. Get the earliest appt in the morning because his office does get busy. The longest time I ever waited was an hour and that is because he was next door delivering a baby. He was wonderful. I ended up with a C-section, but my scar looks great and my baby was very healthy. If you want a doctor that will be honest and helpful Dr Africano is the one!

July 23rd, 2011
Very arrogant!
Hi is rude and disrespectful.He dosn't care about the patient. Stay away from him! If is not to late.

July 10th, 2011
Arrogant, Rude and possibly a sadist..
I had the unfortunate opportunity to witness a birth with Dr. Africano. He was rude and disrespectful to the parents.He did things to the mom without lidocaine and caused her great physical pain. These parents did a lot of research about what they wanted and when they declined certain things he acted like a 2 year old, throwing a tantrum. He waited until her husband was out of the room and verbally attacked the patient ~ calling her ignorant and irresponsible. He was in her face and made her cry. Thank God for the Mother Baby unit nurses because it was quite obvious to all that he was prejudiced against this family and they did their best to counteract his behavior. Regardless of his personal beliefs ~ NO ONE deserves to be treated the way they were treated. So please think twice before choosing this physcian for one of most special times in your lives.

January 4th, 2011
all 3 children with Dr Africano, traveled over 100 miles
I was 17 and pregnant with my first child in 2006 with Africano, Since then I have had two more children with him. I relocated 2 weeks before finding out I was pregnant with my 3rd. I tried 3 doctors before commuting over 100 miles to see him for my prengnacy and delivery. I truly trust him in all aspects he is one of The best doctor.

October 17th, 2010
Very rude and arrogant. I had my first child with him and ended up with a few health issues because of him. He had me push for over 4 hours which put my daughters life in risk. He was too busy sleeping in the back of the room. The nurses were so scared of him that they wouldn't ask him questions. I despise him and never went back. If you have any concern for anything the only thing he will tell you is "this too shall pass". I had my second child with Dr.Foster and it was a night and day experience. Stay away from Africano!

September 29th, 2010
HORRIBLE
HE IS THE WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN....VERY BAD BED SIDE MANOR....RUDE....IGNORANT.....

May 29th, 2010
Glad I'm not the only one...
Dr. Connors was my regular obstetrician, but I ended up seeing Dr. Africano for one regular checkup appointment while she was out of town. I have a somewhat convoluted medical history, but since he had all my charts, I was suprised when I had to go over every detail of my past ailments. I finally asked why he was wasting time interviewing me when he had all the answers in his hand, and with hilarious brusqueness he barked "Because I'm TRYING to establish a relationship!". He then harassed me about my decision not to breastfeed (again, the reason [cystic breasts] was in my chart). I finally told him I didn't see what concern it was of his, since he was not my doctor, and was horrified when he explained he often did Dr. Connor's deliveries! He was tremendously rude, arrogant, and condescending throughout, and I made sure to tell Dr. Connors I did not want him to deliver my baby. Without openly criticizing her collegue, she conceeded that she'd often heard similar complaints about him. He apparently told her that it must be bacause I was afraid of male doctors. Of course, the majority of doctors I've had in my life have been male. A friend had much more serious problems with him when he would not listen to her regarding her diagnosis... when she went to a new doctor, she was proven right.

November 23rd, 2009
I have been a patient of Dr. Africano for 5 years and really like him. He is NOT the Dr. for you if you need hand holding or sugar coating. He is pretty blunt and straight to the point on a lot of things...if you don't like that, don't go to him. He has performed an emergency ectopic pregnancy surgery and an emergency c-section on me (5 weeks early). BOTH times he was fantastic with me and I really appreciated that.

November 4th, 2009
PLEASE READ BEFORE USING THIS DOCTOR
after my wife gave birth there he left gauze bandage inside her leading to an infection, and massive pain..... this would not have been found if it didn't fall out of her as she was going to the bathroom 5 days later..... PLEASE FOR YOUR OWN SAKE DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!