Dr. Enrique Spindel MD Patient Reviews

• Colon and Rectal Surgery Austin, TX

3.8

September 1st, 2015
Worst Gastro in Austin, period.
This man is Dr. Jekel and Mr. Hyde personified. I was sent to Spindel because it was believed I had GERD. He was friendly on the first visit, offered two diagnostic options: scope or upper GI with contrast. I chose the later. He recommended I stay on Nexium if it helped me and so I did. I had a flare up a few months later and went back to him. This visit was completely the opposite of the first. He walked in and didn't greet at all other than to say "what can I do for you?" It wasn't a friendly "what can I do for you at all." I explained what was happening and he was cold and short, said "well, you clearly didn't want to do what I wanted, which was to scope you so I don't know what you expect." This didn't set well with me and I got up, told him he gave two options and if he only wanted the one option so he could charge me more to scope me, why didn't he say so only. I walked out on him and when I went to check out at the front desk, I was asked how the appt went. I told his person at the front desk it was lousy, that Spindel was a zero and that I would never come back. I never did go back. Later, I spoke to a friend who has been a nurse in Austin for years and told her about Spindel. She looked at me and said, no one sends anyone to Spindel unless they want to abuse them- he's an A ..... and you can fill in the blanks from there. She never says anything bad about anyone. The long and the short is don't go here. He's useless.

May 27th, 2015
Dr. Spindel was my husband's Dr. for years , he not only was a great Dr. and has a wonderful bedside manner , he diagnosed him correctly after several other Drs.could not. His staff is very helpful, efficient, and friendly.

January 26th, 2015
excellent diagnostician and internist

April 9th, 2012
Personable and accommodating
Like talking to a friend; respectful and courteous. I answer all his questions first, then offer information that I think may be pertinent. Then visit briefly, take my leave, and allow him to see his next patient on time.

July 6th, 2010
My nurse-friend recommended Dr. Spindel for a colon exam.I know Dr. Spindel sees a lot of other medical personnel, including other doctors and nurses. My experience with him was excellent. I recommend Dr. Spindel.

August 17th, 2009