Dr. Erek Lam Is this you?

March 19th, 2016

Beware

Dr Lam was personable but his medical misdiagnosis almost cost me my life. His misdiagnosis of Parkinson's Disease actually turned out to be Serotonin Syndrome. I spent 6 weeks in the hospital including a full week on life support. I never even received as much as a simple acknowledgement or apology for this almost fatal mistake.

May 15th, 2015

Dr. Lam is an excellent doctor--both academically and in his bedside manner.

February 6th, 2015

Excellent Doctor

Excellent Doctor!

August 29th, 2014

I will never go back!

Thought I might have found a diamond in the rough having two decent appointments prior. After extensive workup and collection of evidence over 1.5 years, he would not listen or let me finish a sentence. When I tried to explain all the symptoms that point to a certain diagnosis a prominent physician diagnosed me with, he disregarded the concerns and did not feel the need to look any further into it with his time. Gave me the old "anxiety" as cause, when clearly it is not, but please get a second opinion. He performed a bedside "poor mans tilt table" test that by textbook is to be performed ten minutes apart to conclude this could not be the potential diagnosis. I have twenty years in medicine and discussed many things with him, that he clearly admitted I was way above him and he was not an expert. I appreciate the honesty, but if not an expert, then don't tell me I don't have something, when people who do have confidence within the area of expertise are able to confidently diagnose, because they spent time, listened, reviewed records, and examined. When I challenged him on, well how can it not by xyz diagnosis based on xyz then how do you explain xyz, and he did not have an answer. It took other doctors to diagnose what my neurologist should have been able to. There was another basic diagnosis that he "specializes" in that should have rang bells in his head too that was missed. It is always follow up as needed and then if you need an appointment, good luck getting in!

April 5th, 2017