Erel Laufer, MD
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgery Center
35080 US Highway 19 N
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
727-789-5711
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

• Currently 3.1904761904762 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  I am not Adriana  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2013

I am another dissatisfied patient - not Adriana. You should never assume and that is what you are doing. Very unprofessional. You are also belittling a site that seems to benefit you when you receive good reviews and irks you when you receive unfavorable ones. Immature. Bottom line: if you are going to choose to be a surgeon, approach your work with precision and accuracy. If not, do not prostitute this profession.You overpromised and under-delivered and I am still suffering from your slop job. My current ENT is wonderful. I wish I had seen him 18 years ago.

|  keep looking around  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2013

I went to Dr. Laufer 20 years ago for rhinoplasty and septoplasty. As the years progressed, I began to lose my sense of smell and became more and more obstructed on my right side. As it turns out, I developed a scar band that grew over the years and blocked my right passage. Scar band is more than likely due to poor post-op care that I received from Dr. Laufer. Here is the worst part...my septum is STILL deviated! My current dr says he cannot tell if dr laufer ever even tried to fix my septum or if he just didn't do a good job at it. Now I am suffering the consequences of his poor work. Thankfully my nose looks better aesthetically, but the internal issues persist and get worse. My obstructed breathing has affected me in many ways. My advice: if you are looking for plastic surgery and nothing else, Dr. Laufer may work for you. But if you have ENT issues, stay away from him. He should have recommended a dr who is dual trained in ENT/plastic surgery...that is what I needed. I respect doctors who are honest and forthright, not someone who is looking to profit from everyone that walks into his office.

Doctor's Response

I already responded to Andriana's comment from February 21, 2013. The fact that this site allows the same individuals to continue their systemic smear campaign against physicians ,is astonishing .It does not speak well of this site. As for you Andiana,20 years is a long time, please, grow up! learn to let go of grudges.

by Gerri F. on Apr 9th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Laufer's since 2007, when I had a breast augmentation. I was very pleased with my result then and still am. Since then, he has performed numerous procedures on me with the same level of satisfaction. I trust and value his opinions and have the utmost confidence in him to achieve the look I desire. He is an honest and highly skilled physician, and I wouldn't go anywhere else.

|  What a JERK  |  show details
by M on Mar 8th, 2013

I saw him for a tummy tuck after having 3 kids. He was so RUDE to me after being almost 30 min late for the appointment!. I looked at my husband and we could not beleive the rude comments he made about my weight and body. What a JERK. I went to him to look and feel better not worse. My husband threw the quote in the trash on the way out!

Doctor's Response

This is so much unlike me that I can only wonder who would write such a derogatory comment ? what is their purpose?.

Feb 21st, 2013

I have written reviews about Dr. Erel Laufer before, and I am writing a review again. This time because he had his lawyer send me a cease and desist. Dr. Laufer performed a Rhinoplasty on me in year of 2005. I ONLY opted for a RHINOPLASTY. I was under anestesia for 6 hours. He had made it known after I came out of surgery that he had to perform a deviated septum surgery. I DID NOT OPT to have this, he did this at his own discretion. Not only is my nose crooked, my nostrils are two different sizes (I have photographic proof of this), but he tried to make my mother pay for a surgery we NEVER agreed to have him do i.e. a septoplasty. I have posted about this on MULTIPLE plastic surgery review sites. Everything here in is the TRUTH. I have witness from my family of this, witness of the poor job that left my nose and nostrils crooked. Not to mention I have not been able to breathe right out of the left side of my nose since. Every review I have posted has been completely honest to let people know of the poor experience I had. He now has sent me a letter from his lawyer saying that if I don't remove my reviews (which I have a constitutional right to do) that he will sue me for punitive damages. According to his lawyer and himself "my procedures were proper" and that this review along with the other ones are libelous. I will continue to make this known to other people seeking plastic surgery as well as the fact that he has now tried to silence me. His actions are unethical and the more he attempts to silence me the more I will speak out on behalf of myself. Please save yourself the possible legal issues and choose someone else who is ethical and will be sure of what needs to be done to your face before he cuts you open. I will be contacting the board.

Doctor's Response

I am Dr. Laufer and I'm going to respond to this review because of the flagrant distortions brought about by this patient. Often times reviews in these sites are anonymous and are generated by interested parties but not this time. Andriana is real and she has been on her smear campaign for the last 8 years relentlessly under different user ID names and on different sites. The truth is that I performed rhinoplasties on Andriana and her twin sister Alexandra. Andriana's nose was "crooked" with a deviated septum and in such a case it behooves the surgeon to try to realign the septum . This type of operation is called septorhinoplasty and Andriana's consent form was signed before the procedure ,without such a consent I would have not touched the septum .The septal repair is usually covered by insurance companies provided a documentation with objective proof is obtained prior to the surgery(which was done). Andriana's insurance paid us only for the septoplasty. It is my understanding that Andriana's mother approached our office administrator and demanded that refund. Our administrator made the point that the money should go to the surgeon but Andriana's mother came to the office on several occasions creating a scene. I witnessed one of those and instructed the administrator to refund her that money in order resolve this issue . Andriana did not show up to her postoperative follow ups and since 2005 has been on a mission to defame my name. Often her slanderous comments are followed by other bad comments just to make the point, like the one which follows this one. It is true that my attorney requested retraction of the falsehoods but Andriana called his office and treated his office staff with profanities and epithets (including the F... word). I have been a plastic surgeon for 30 years, I try to perform to the best of my abilities and recently I opened a new office instead of retiring because I believe in what I do and I'm good at it. I specialize in nasal reshaping surgery and if in rare occasions I'm off the mark I offer the patient a free revisional surgery. This was not the case with Andriana ,because she was under age and with her mother it was all about the money. Not one single complaint to me or my staff about the nose until it hit the internet. I'm far from being a crook but in this new age of Internet access any one can bad mouth anybody with impunity. It really hurts when my children read it and are questioned by their friends. I invite each one of the readers who lives in the Tampa Bay area to come and visit me at 3129 Alternate 19 in Dunedin Florida 34698.Interview me and my staff and draw your own conclusions. I extend this invitation to Andriana ,as well. She was a teen at the time and with maturity comes a certain wisdom. So grow up.

|  Amazing doctor  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2013

Dr laufer did my breast augmentation over 10 yrs ago they still look amazing! Since then I have refered numerous people to him. 3 that have had breast augmentation as well and were very satisfied with their results. If you feel something is wrong he has no problem fixing it to make it right. He is does a great job I have more than often described him as a perfectionist which is a good qaulity in a plastic surgeon. I see he is no longer with palm harbor plastic surgery can someone respond to where he went?

Doctor's Response

Good morning, Thank you very much for the positive comment.I've been in Plastic Surgery for over 30 years and most of it at the palm harbor plastic surgery centre which I founded. Late last year I left that centre and moved my practice to Dunedin where I founded the Laufer Institute of Plastic Surgery (LIPS) .I did not retire ,as a matter of fact LIPS is my new passion and vision of comprehensive cosmetic rejuvenation and antiaging center. we are located at 3129 Alternate 19 Dunedin,Florida 34698. You can find us on the web at www.doctor-laufer.com . our telephone;727 4004768 Thank you again.

|  I recommend Dr. Laufer highly  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2012

Dr. Laufer reconstructed my face after a previous physician's work left me terribly scarred. This was almost 15 years ago. I have never regretted trusting him to completely fix the deep and jagged scars. Now that I am aging, and the work he did is still good as new, I have recently trusted Dr. Laufer to help me look younger with injectables. He is honest and sincere. He does a phenomenal job - I have recommended this doctor to friends and just had to give my gratitude to him - after finding this website. Trust Dr. Laufer if you want results you can be proud of for a long time to come.

|  Laufer is a horrible doctor! Warning!  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2012

Laufer was always late to the appointment, for my first appt, I heard him arguing for 20 minutes with another patient before he came into my room then he proceeded to tell me the personal details of it. He did dysport (botox) and missed a few muscles that were OBVIOUSLY still moving a week later. ( I have had botox for over a decade by 4 diff drs in 3 different states with the right results) he was defensive, arrogant and argumentative. He talked really loudly, he talked over me, he interrupted me and would NOT LISTEN to the questions, instead answering even basic yes/no questions using long medical terms. Basically just an unprofessional, disrespectful and inept.

Doctor's Response

I'm taking the time to respond to this anonymous e mail.I was given the option to hide this negative comment but as the old saying "you can run but you can't hide".Another patient who is contemplating surgery brought it to my attention and I'm grateful to her. I have been in the field of plastic surgery for over 30 years. I'm confident in my abilities and it may be misconstrued by some as arrogance. I am not perfect and far from being conceited and if I "missed a few muscles" as it is being alleged, it is simple to come back and to fix it . For the record it is understood that for the effective result with Botulism toxin type A one must wait at least 2 weeks and not just one week. I'm not a techy but I find this new medium to be potentially detrimental by smearing the reputations of some good Doctors and collegues who are fine physicians and the general public may miss on some good ones.

|  I love my nose~  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2012

My family has been patients of Dr. Laufer for years. I took the plunge and had my nose done! I love it and I look amazing!I'm so happy I did it! Dr. Laufer is a kind and great surgeon!His staff and recovery room supervisor is wonderful too!

|  I love my nose!  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2012

Dr. Laufer is so skilled. Many of my friends and family have been going to him for years! My nose is so perfect now I love taking photos.

Nov 7th, 2011

I am so fortunate to have found Dr. Erel Laufer for my plastic surgery. I educated myself on what to look for before meeting with any doctor. Dr. Laufer was recommended to me and when I first met with him, he spent 1 1/2 hrs with me, answered all my questions and put me at ease as much as he possibly could at that point. Each time I have met with Dr. Lufer he has continued to give me his undivided attention. Dr. Laufer made it easy to choose him, over other doctors I met with, because he met all the necessary criteria for choosing a plastic surgeon. I am three weeks into recovery, now, and I am very pleased with my progress and the outcome to date and I expect my results to only get better with time.

|  Great Results  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2011

I went to Dr. Laufer for a breast reconstruction and I love my new look!

|  Thank God for Dr.Laufer!  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2011

It took me two years to find a surgeon who I truly trusted and thought they knew what they were doing. I am extremely athletic as well as coming from a neck injury I was very particular about where the implants were going to be placed as well as what size. I was referred to Dr.Laufer by a girlfriend who had previous surgery from a surgeon who royally messed up one of her breasts. Dr. Laufer corrected it and her breasts look amazing. I was drawn to him first from that but after meeting him I was convinced he was My surgeon. He sat down with me for over an hour more than one time and went over literally every single detail about the surgery. He fit me in his schedule because I wanted augmentation in less than two weeks and I felt so happy, confident and excited about it. Now my breasts look amazing my friends who have implants say they like mine better. I feel grateful and I am extremely happy. I am so happy I waited to find him because his technique is perfect for my physique .

|  Dr Laufer is Great!  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2011

Dr Laufer is a great surgeon. He worked magic on my breasts! I highly recommend him, his staff and nurse supervisor are awesome too!

Jul 1st, 2011

Dr. Laufer was recommended to me by my friends and I'm glad I consulted him .My surgical outcome was excellent.I already referred 2 of my friends to him.

|  Looks do Matter!  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2011

I own a business in an industry where looks are important. I wanted to refresh my look without looking "done". I am a very picky person when it comes to beauty services so I consulted with several plastic surgeons in the Tampa Bay area before I went with Palm Harbor Plastic Surgery Centre.I elected my procedure with them because I had been invited to attend one of their frequent events at their beautiful facility. Instead of just looking at their website and reading great reviews about them online, I was able to talk with each surgeon and a lot of their staff. They listened to me, understood what I wanted, showed me all around the office and treatment rooms. They also demonstrated the latest techniques in Dysport and Juvaderm.I am really pleased with the results. The recovery room staff was so nice and remarkable as well. The surgeons at Palm Harbor Plastic Surgery Centre are talented and skilled people who deliver amazing results. I recommend to anyone considering plastic surgery, a little refresher look or a day at their medi spa to book an appointment and see for yourself!

|  Definitely be calling them again!!  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2011

The doctors at Palm Harbor Plastic Surgery Centre are awesome. I was taken care of so well before, during and after my procedure. I will definitely be calling them again for my future body work. Thank you to Doctor Laufer and his staff! Youre the Best!

|  Be careful...  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

Nice doctor but not the best in town. I would shop around & make sure the doctor gives you exactly what you wanted & paid for! Trust me.

Doctor's Response

How does anyone respond to a comment such as this one? I'm not claiming to be "the best in town". Only my patients whom I have treated for over 30 years should comment on this subject and it is not up to me.That is why to anyone who seeks plastic surgery, go by word of mouth from good and trusted friends and do not base it on some anonymous comments.

|  EXCELLENT  |  show details
by Meghan on Jul 5th, 2010

Dr. Laufer is one of the most comforting doctors I have ever seen. He spends an extensive amount of time with patients and is a very caring, knowledgable physician that does a great job with impressive results. I can't recommend him highly enough.