Surgical Specialist, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Midtown East
Neurosurgical Consultants
815 E Parrish Ave
Ste 320
Owensboro, KY 42303
270-688-1770
Locations and availability (4)

|  Awesome  |  show details
by Jennifer on Apr 19th, 2014

Dr. Goebel was very approachable during my visit. He listened to me. He allowed me to make the decisions about my healthcare instead of HIM making them for me. He was always very kind, on time, and informed. He even spent time with me in the surgery room while we were waiting for the anesthesiologist whom was late. I can't say enough good about him.

Dec 18th, 2013

Dr. Goebel seemed fine at initial meeting. Post operative care was terrible. I was given lortab and flexeril for pain the night of my surgery. I was in intense pain and having muscle spasms down both legs. Asked for meds from deaconess nurses and was told it wasn't time and that I had a lortab already. Lortabs are what I take at home for RA. The next morning after my surgery he walked in my room, didn't ask how I felt, just simply stated that he was "sending me home". Once at home I never received a follow up phone call from his office. Would not recommend this Dr.

|  Exceptional!!  |  show details
by Nancy P on Oct 11th, 2013

Dr Goebel was excellent in every way from first meet to end result of surgery. I have never seen a Dr. with a bedside manner as good as his!!! Recommend him 100%!!

by Francis W. Hoehn on Sep 5th, 2013

Three weeks following my L5-S1 fuse, I am completely pain free and not taking any pain meds. I recomend Dr. Goebel with heartfelt gratitude and confidence that you can trust that he will give you back the quality of health that you are looking for. My experience with back and leg pain for two years ended when I returned to my hospital room at Gateway Hospital. The nursing staff was exceptional and Holly Bender, Dr. Goebel's physician's assistant was a true blessing!

Sep 4th, 2013

Will never go to him again. I will go to the spine institute for a more expert opinion.

by Chrystal B on Jun 21st, 2013

I cannot even begin to say how AWESOME this man is. He has the best bedside manner I have ever came across. He CARES about his patients, not just because it is his job, but because is so caring and compassionate. After years of trying to find a Dr. that could help, I found Dr. Goebel. Almost 10 years of dealing with issues that nobody else would or could seem to help, HE DID. My life is 0 different and after so long I am pain free. I would (and have) recommend Dr. Goebel to any and everybody that has any kind of neck/back/spinal issues. He takes the time to talk to you and explains it in ways you understand. As far as I'm concerned this man is Heaven sent!!

by kim winstead on Feb 21st, 2013

I have been to many different surgeons and they all had the worst bedside manor. He had the best bedside manor and took a lot of time with me in the office. I would recommend him to anyone without any hesitation. done awesome work. And he actually called me himself the next day to see how I was doing. All in all I was so impressed with him throughout the whole process from beginning to end.. I even wish he would be my family Dr. for the duration..I know that can't happen because he is right where he needs to be. He Is very professional and very caring. I am soooooo glad I found him and I do not regret waiting now. It was well worth the wait to find a great Dr. and compassionate surgeon. Couldn't have asked for a better one! I would definitely recommend him to anyone. ( which I have already done so.) Thank you sooooo much Dr. Goebel in more ways than one!!!!! I WANTED TO GET THE WORD OUT TO HELP HIM IN ANYWAY I CAN BECAUSE HE IS JUST THAT GREAT!!!!!!!!!