Dr. Eric Alcera MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 19th, 2016
Dissapointed in Dr. Alcera
Every time I see him he speak s w negativity towards me. Gets me very anxious, and upset. Oh I see the Dr has 3 offices he practices. He should learn some bedside manners. Hmmm, not very nice to me at all!!!!!

July 11th, 2016
It's not easy to get an appointment, and they seem to get juggled pretty often, but Dr. Alcera listened very well to me, and his prescription has helped me. He is appropriately cautious with prescriptions. He also identified my main difficulties well.

December 22nd, 2015
do not waste your time with him!

December 1st, 2015
STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE THIS GUY SHOULD BE STRIPPED OF HIS LICENCE TO PRACTICE HE THINKS WHO THE BLANK HE IS AND HIS STAFF IS EVEN WORSE

May 15th, 2013
best dr out there
IM WRITING THIS IN CAPS SO EVERYONE COULD SEE DR ERIC ALCERA IS VERY GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES AND HES THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS EVER HELPED ME IVE BENN TO MANY DRS AND THEY DIDNT KNOW MUCH I WOULD CALL THE AMBULANCE EVERY DAY BEFORE I MET HIM BEAUSE IVE HOW BAD MY ANXIETY WAS I DIDNT WANNA LEAVE THE HOSPITAL AT ALL BECAUSE I THOUGT I HAD A TUMOR,HEART PROBLEM,CANCER AND I WAS SEEING LIGHTS AND I MET ERIC HE GOT ME ALL THE TEST THAT I NEED TO MAKE SURE I DIDNT HAVE NOTHING WRONG FROM MRI,CT SCANS EEG,NEUROLOGIST EYE DR ETC BOTTOM LINE ERIC ALCERA IS THE REAL DEAL AND I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM

April 2nd, 2013
Good diagnostician...
...but he doesn't listen. Ask questions but already seems to have answer in his head and doesn't hear what I say.

February 1st, 2013
Monster
It was memorable, but in the worst way possible. Mean to my parent and vindictive towards me. He got mad when I told him I thought I had a cold and that I went to see another doctor. The only thing he did right was prescribing the right meds for me. I like him as a doctor and I hate him as a person.

March 11th, 2012
He's an arrogant jerk.
I saw him twice before I decided to find another treater. He was condescending and demeaning when he talked about my psychiatric condition. I would not recommend to anyone.

March 5th, 2012
Rude, condescending
I had a horrible experience with him and would not recommend him to anyone - child, teen or adult. He thinks he knows what is best and loudly states it without listening to the patient's point of view! And he is expensive- would not recommend.

October 8th, 2011
Rude, unprofessional
He was argumentative and confrontational during our evaluation making me feeling like I wasting his time. My child's classmate saw him at Bellevue (which I found out later) and Dr. Alcera was rude to him as well, and made disparaging remarks about his family and other doctors to the child and his family. I would not recommend him and his exorbitant fees! Look elsewhere - I wish that I had!

July 13th, 2011
30% Good
He jokes around with all of the kids, and he's very smart, but kids have left his office angry and sad more than happy and relieved.

November 19th, 2010
great experience
After consultations with several psychiatrists, I found Dr. Alcera to be exceptional. We made an appointment for an evaluation as a second opinion. Dr. Alcera's conclusions were on board with what we had heard previously but what made him stand out was the time he took to not just explain how he got to his conclusions and recommended treatment plan and the extra attention he made to ensure that we understood all the information in order to make the best choice for us.I highly recommend this doctor