Dr. Eric Smith, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon
Video profile

3.0

Sep 4th, 2015

Extremely disappointed....Dr Smith arrogant, rude, uncaring, got no help from him at all. Would not recommend him to anyone!

Sep 3rd, 2015

Waited for this appointment to get answers regarding a complicated prior surgery. Dr Smith was arrogant, rude, made a comment about the patients weight and stated "I usually don't see patients like you here (limerick) I work at Riddle.. But I will see you. We made the appt thru his office so how on earth would we know that? Received absolutely no advice and in fact he left the room to order one lab draw with his head down and never came back. He could've been professional and admitted he had no idea how to handle the question we came to him with. I work in healthcare and I was appalled. The building was beautiful but we were there for the knowledge. We received none. Very disappointed and a waste of our time.

Get Another Opinion show details Get Another Opinion
by Brad P. on Aug 4th, 2015

If I could give a negative number I would. Referred to Dr Smith by a physical therapist. Knee replacement. Heavy swelling/redness and 5 months post op incision still not healed. Dr became irate when I asked for a plan to get the incision to heal. Went to another dr and found I was allergic to the sutures Smith used. I am told those particular sutures are known for allergies. Medicated and healed within 2 weeks but ugly red scar 1 inch wide. Extensive popping when I walk. Told by another surgeon at Penn the knee cap was reinstalled crooked. Complete numbness right side of knee. He may be good most of the time but my experience was he struggled to react appropriately when something went wrong.

Doctor's Response

Dear Patient, Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and translates into a major opportunity for improvement on our part. We would love the opportunity to speak with you to discuss your concerns. If interested, please contact us at 267-339-3689. Exceeding expectations is our goal here at Rothman, and it's disappointing to learn that we failed to succeed. Please accept our apology. Again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to speaking with you.

Disappointed show details Disappointed
by RR on Apr 25th, 2015

I was told by a friend he was good. He did not give an accurate diagnosis and now I am left living in pain.

Feb 10th, 2015

My excessive leg length discrepancy after Smith operated on me has left me feeling and limping like a crippled fool. When I told this person that he could have counseled me prior to surgery he responded, "you signed the waiver". I am depressed and living with this person's questionable expertise for the rest of my life..

4 Stars is not Enough show details 4 Stars is not Enough
Nov 7th, 2011

If I could give Dr. Smith 6 or 7 stars I would. I have had lots of issues so I have seen a lot of orthopedic surgeons in action. None of them have the bedside manner and genuine caring attitude of Dr. Eric Smith!! He's the best!