Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrists

513 W Mount Pleasant Ave
Ste 107
Livingston, NJ 07039
973-533-1195
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  show details
Jul 26th, 2011

I saw Dr. Bartky for 13 years, remaining a loyal patient as I followed him from office to office. He began prescribing me Zoloft, an extremely dangerous medicine to come of of without control (as he explained to me) from the age of 8-years-old. After not being able to see him for five months since I was in college, Dr. Bartky refused to renew my prescription. I was left during my finals week in college with no pills for a medication he got me addicted to to begin with. Dr. Bartky could not care less about his patients (even ones he has known for many many years). His ONLY interest is making money. He WILL try and put you on a medication so that you have to keep coming back. If you would like to resolve your issues rather than temporarily forget them, he is not the doctor for you. Also, he is obscenely expensive... will charge $275 for a 30 minute conversation.

Doctor's Response

Regarding "Anonymous's comments, I do have many patients who have seen me for several years. I consider myself an ethical physician. When I am seeing an adult patient who is attending college, it is vital that they make an appointment to see me during the summer and during their break so that I can continue to follow through with appropriate care. This scenario is the same in either case, if I am or am not monitoring medication. If I do not see the patient for several months, it would not be appropriate for me to provide medication, as many medications have their side effects and risks. I encourage the patient to make an appointment, well before they run out of the medication which I am supervising. The importance of contact during college is vital to providing good and ethical care. The patient is informed of my approach prior to their entrance to college, or if they begin to see me while in college, then this information is explained to them at the onset of my treatment of them. If they are unable to make arrangements to have contact with me so that I can evaluate them and make an appropriate ongoing assessment, I provide referrals to other physicians so that the patient can continue safe treatment. In terms of cost, accurate information can be obtained by calling my office. Sincerely, Dr. Eric Bartky

|  show details
by Melissa Dolan on Jan 13th, 2011

Dr. Bartky's level of compassion is what really makes him stellar. He certainly is accurate in diagnosis and was able to make decisions fairly quickly based upon his testing. But with two special needs children I have dealt with plenty doctors who were accurate but lacking in empathy. It is this quality that makes Dr. Bartky excel. He not only expresses concern during session but after. If I have had any problems with medication etc. He quickly returned my calls. One evening in particular Dr. Bartky called at 8pm to follow up regarding treatment of my child and was still at his office. I would and do, on a regular basis, highly recommend this doctor.

|  Excellent  |  show details
May 10th, 2010

Dr. Bartky is excellent and I would highly recommend him. He is very personable as is his office staff. The questions he asked during the various meetings were right on target with my son's problems and his diagnosis was accurate. He is quite thorough and hands on. He does not pass you off to an assistant as have some other doctors we have seen. He was very pleasant and we never felt rushed. It takes a long time to get an appointment with him so don't procrastinate on booking it.