Dr. Bass was a blessing that fixed my anastomosis!! show details Dr. Bass was a blessing that fixed my anastomosis!!
Mar 22nd, 2013

I went to the ER in pain after having a total colectomy surgery at Mayo Clinic. When the scans showed I had a blockage at my anastomosis site I was admitted into the hospital and was given Dr. Bass who I had never met before. He was a blessing!! He figured out what happened that went wrong with my 1st surgery that caused the blockage and fixed it!!!! I have never felt so much compassion from a surgeon before. Normally they do the surgery and are done with you. Dr. Bass has the best bedside manner and he also explains things so you understand what is going on with you. He also follows up with you and spends time answering your questions. Here I went all the way to Mayo Clinic to have surgery, had multiple complications and ended up having a surgeon here at home fix everything! My follow up appointment was fantastic. Once again he took the time to talk to me, explain things to me and get my questions answered. I never felt rushed. I am truly blessed to whomever chose Dr. Bass to take my case when I was admitted into the hospital. I could not have asked for a better surgeon. I highly recommend him!

Colonoscopy show details Colonoscopy
by John Haynes on Feb 15th, 2013

Excellent doctor

9 Year Survivor show details 9 Year Survivor
by Steve on Jul 21st, 2008

Dr. Bass and his staff are all caring and very professional. Dr. did my surgery in 1999 and has followed up with me ever since. He diagnosed me fast, put together a care plan and I am alive and well 9 years now.