Dr. Eric Baumann MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

December 17th, 2015
Question his priorities
I was doing a series of epidural injections with Dr. Bowmann for chronic lower back pain. They helped somewhat but the decrease in pain was not much and wore off quite quickly. He set me up for a rhrizotomy or ablation which was done first on one side and then to be finished on the other side. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I missed my appointment to finish the other side and therefore was dropped as a patient right in the middle of his prescribed therapeutic ablation procedure. That was over two years ago and they still refuse to give me another appointment to restart the process or just to finish what was started. I understand the hassles it causes when a patient misses an appointment but I have to wonder about whether their priorities. It doesn't seem to be about treating the patient and finishing the critically important therapy, as he stated, but rather maybe its all about the cash flow. I just called the office to try to get an appointment to finish what was started but I was informed that I would never be able to be treated by Dr Baumann again and they were even unwilling to suggest another Doctor in the area that I might see to finish the treatment.

December 17th, 2015
Took 6 weeks for an appointment(referrel only) Waited 30-45 minutes-NEVER saw the Dr. only a nurse. NO EXAM- Was told only option was opiates,injections or gabapentin. I am allergic to opiates and My Mother AND 2 siblings can not do the injections. No questions were answered and when I got a copy of her report she stated she counciled me on weight,nutrition etc when all she did was sit there! EXTREMELY disappointed and discusted with My the way I was treated!

August 29th, 2015
We will get back to you
It is impossible to get an appointment

July 1st, 2015
Exceptional Dr. at pain medicine.

April 15th, 2015
?????
My husband has been in chronic pain for 14 years. He has been treated with pain meds for all this time. He is not a problem patient and has been to another Pain Mgmt Doctor in California for 2 + years. When I requested to make an appointment with this doctor, I was told " The doctor is not interested in taking your husband on as a patient" I have to question this since we have records from his former pain doctor to show this doctor, however they are not even interested in helping a person that really needs it. I think it goes back to the previous writer that mentioned he only likes success, not the work.

November 15th, 2014
Egotistical "doctor"
Once they tried one procedure which was not successful they refused to speak with me about other possible options. When I tried to make another appointment to speak with Doctor Baumann I was told that "there is nothing else we can do for you" at which point I hung up. My opinion is that he only wants to treat patients that he can have immediate success with and has no interest in the "difficult" patients, it doesn't make him look so good if he can't "cure" you the first time.

June 2nd, 2014
Vindictive & unprofessional doctor
Bad doctor with an even worse business plan. See's patients on their initial visit and only for injections thereafter. Inexperienced, immature and rude staff negate what competent staff exists. Heavy staff turnover because doctor is unwilling to pay prevailing wage to retain experienced employees. This business model lends itself to inexperienced staff making repeated mistakes with patient's charts. I was discharged for complaining about distracted, immature and inexperienced staff member who repeatedly made mistakes with my charts. Find another doctor and/or pain management practice.

April 1st, 2013
Quality Medical Care and Treatment
Both Dr. Baumann, Dr Anacaya strive to improve a patient's quality of life by using several different types of treatments, if needed. Their true compassion for their patients reflect this. Both these Doctors, their Assistants, Staff and Administrative Support Personnel provide their best for the good of their patients. I highly recommend these health care professionals at the Arizona Pain Institute. Due to their very much high quality of service, scheduling an appointment can be delayed, (because of patient demand).

August 2nd, 2010
Stay in Prescott
I have had 2 back sugerys (32 year old male) and many spinal injections.Dr. Baumann has been the first Doctor that really is trying to pin point my problems and his injection have been pain free for the most part. other injections have left me unable to move afterwards. Awesome Doc and great staff.I would give him a try before wasting your time driving to Flagstaff or the Valley.

July 19th, 2010
treated my daughter poor
would not listen to her complaints. acted to busy for pereonal attention. would not go back to see him for medical care.

March 9th, 2009
Sunny was very efficient and nice. Dr. Baumann seemed interested in helping me get some pain relief. He has a good bedside manner and listens to you.