Dr. Eric Baylin, MD
Oculofacial Plastic Surgery / Oculoplastic Surgery

Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Patrick Part on Jul 19th, 2016

What a great experience. A no nonsense Doctor that made me feel at ease and made the repair to my eyes beyond my expectations.

by Thomas Morgan on Jun 28th, 2016

Great doctor, very professional! Nice, well mannered, polite. And he does EXCELLENT work! My eye is amazing after he did three hours of reconstruction surgery to make me both upper and lower eye lids. They were removed by a Mohls surgeon because of cancer.

A great young surgeon show details A great young surgeon
by John T on Jun 25th, 2016

I was ready for surgery before he was ready to take me. I believe this indicates how busy he can be because he is excellent. I had lower and upper eyelid surgery. It came out great. He is good!

Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
by Tina Welsh on Jun 14th, 2016

Dr. Baylin is extremely professional; yet easy to talk to. It is rare to find a physician that is not only interested in your health but cars about you as a person. I would highly recommend Dr. Baylin to my friends and family (which I NEVER do unless I am 100% convinced he is the best of the best). I will most definitely use him again in the future should I need his services.

Excellent Care show details Excellent Care
by RJ Vale on Jun 14th, 2016

I saw Dr. Baylin for a small in office procedure. He was very personable and informative during my visit. I received impressive care from him and his staff. I highly recommend his practice.

by Rosie L. on May 31st, 2016

Dr. Baylin recently performed surgery on my eyelids. I was so happy with the results that I felt I was able to see the difference even during the start of my recovery period. Friends I hadn't seen for a while remarked how good I looked, of course, I did not say what I had done but when I look in the mirror, I say thank you Dr. Baylin for your expertise and your delightful bedside manner. Your staff worked with me at all times with patience and courtesy , I appreciate them for making my journey so easy and you for giving me an opportunity of knowing what a great doctor and human being you are.

Apr 19th, 2016

Dr. Baylin is most professional but he is also a great surgeon. After a botched tear duct surgery, Dr. Baylin repaired my tear duct and it is now working for the first time in many years. Following that successful surgery he repaired my lower eye lid surgery. Now I look much more rested. Now that the lower lids are tight I've received many compliments on how young I look. I cannot say enough about the success I've experienced with Dr. Baylin.

Best eyelid surgeon show details Best eyelid surgeon
by J Carroll on Apr 19th, 2016

Dr. Baylin was recommended to me by my good friend. She had eyelid surgery with him and looks absolutely beautiful. From the moment I met Dr. Baylin, I felt comfortable and confident. I have had a droopy eyelid since I was a child and now they are a matching georgeous set! Dr. Baylin checked on my after surgery and was very accessible. I couldn't give a higher recommendation. Thanks!

He didn't help me but he did get my money show details He didn't help me but he did get my money
by Scott Routt on Apr 1st, 2016

Need an Ophthalmologist? Let me tell me about Dr. Eric Baylin at Oculofacial Plastic Surgeons of Georgia- opsga.com. I needed one so I found him listed as ophthalmologist on my insurance company's website. I called to make an appointment and told the nurse/receptionist about my problem. I told her I have dry, red, painful eyes with blurry vision. She made the appointment for me and so I went. Instead of attempting to treat my problem, Dr. Eric Baylin told me I have baggy eyes and am a candidate for plastic surgery to fix the bags below my brow. So I asked him about my problem with dry, red, painful eyes and blurry vision. He referred me to an Ophthalmologist who actually practices ophthalmology. He then sent me a bill for $156.35. Of course I was dumbfounded. When I called and wrote to complain, a nurse/receptionist told me that Dr. Eric Baylin wants his money! I sent him his money today, and I hope he enjoys spending it. It was about 20 minutes for him about a day's pay for me, and I still have the problem with my eyes. I'm not saying anything malicious or untruthful. I'm just sharing my experience for those of you who might have dry, red, painful eyes, and blurry vision as well as those of you who may have bags above or beneath your eyes.

Doctor's Response

Scott, I am truly sorry about your experience. I thought you understood that Oculofacial Plastic Surgeons was not a general ophthalmology practice. In fact, I believe I helped one of your children with an eyelid problem in the past. I was simply offering what I could to improve your vision with the tools I have to offer. I referred you to a general ophthalmologist for a complete exam. As you stated, I spent 20 minutes with you, and you stated to my staff you felt I should be compensated for my time. Because you had not met your deductible, the cost to you personally was high. If the issue was burdensome expense to you, I certainly would have been sensitive to that. Your approach was a bit unfair as I am only here to help.

Happy patient show details Happy patient
by D. Price on Dec 21st, 2015

Couldn't ask for a more caring and skilled doctor. I have referred multiple friends and family to Dr. Baylin. I am in love with eyes and see better as an added bonus.

Most experienced in his field. show details Most experienced in his field.
by Karen Mooney Collins on Nov 30th, 2015

Excellent Doctor. Easy to talk to and express your concerns regarding a possible procedure. His medical degree surpasses any I have had contact with. He is truly gifted in the operating room. I will continue to be lucky to have his expertise.

Eyelid cancer show details Eyelid cancer
by D. Abernathy on Nov 15th, 2015

I saw Dr. Baylin for a growth on my eyelid. Previous eye doctor had treated me with salves for months because they thought I had a stye. When Dr. Baylin looked at me, he knew immediately this was a skin cancer. I was terrified that my eyelid would never look the same. After a dermatologist removed the cancer, Dr. Baylin reconstructed the eyelid and 3 months later, no one can tell I had surgery. Very impressed with the level of expertise

lifesaver show details lifesaver
by C.A. on Oct 7th, 2015

Dr. Baylin fixed the work of another plastic surgeon. My eyelids were uneven and looked awful. Even though it took 2 procedures to correct, I finally have eyes that I am not distraught over. What a caring doctor. Thank you!

by Terri F. on Apr 19th, 2015

If you are looking for a caring and skilled doctor , look no further . Dr Baylin was recommended by a nurse at Northside Hospital. My eyelid surgery looks amazing and I have referred 3 friends to see him for the same. Office staff was wonderful as well.

Not satisfied show details Not satisfied
Apr 2nd, 2015

Great bedside manor but if things don't go well don't expect satisfaction. 4 years later and I have to have a corrective surgery. He wasn't willing to help.

Doctor's Response

I often care more about the result than the patients. Unfortunately, some patients have unrealistic expectations that can not be met. If I believe that a surgery is as good as can be (and I am very particular and self-critical) I honestly relay that to a patient.

Dec 18th, 2014

I look amazing.....all my friends think I had a facelift. So impressed with Dr. Baylin and so grateful my ophthalmologist recommended him.

by Bella on May 12th, 2014

Very personal and responsive. After surgery, text him on the day off and recieve response in the next 30 minutes.

Mar 25th, 2014

Dr. Baylin repaired my upper and lower eye lits. He did an excellent job and is an excellent surgeon. His entire staff provided him with excellent and professional support.

Superb! show details Superb!
by Elizabeth Figueroa on Mar 17th, 2014

I had a severe case of Ptosis and was very afraid of surgery. Dr. Baylin and his staff were excellent in assisting me in every way. The result of my surgery was superb. I will recommend Dr. Baylin to anyone I know. Not only can I see again but as a bonus- look younger too. Thank you Dr. Baylin!! And staff.

Eye surgery show details Eye surgery
by Harvis Gerber on Mar 3rd, 2014

I am a Drs wife and i also runs his offce , I expected alot our of my staff but Dr. Baylins office goes above and beyond what is expected. Dr. Baylin as a doctor puts you at ease the first time you meet him . He has a great bed side manner and cares m;ore for his patients. In this day and age it is a great thing that a Doctor will lcall you after surgery just to see how you are or take the time to call you when you need him or make you feel comfortable even before or after surgery. This make him a very special Dr. and to anyone who needs eye surgery this is the Doctor you should take to before anyone else and take a change on a good man . It is very hard to find good Doctors that really care.

Patient show details Patient
by Mary Jane Huegel on Jan 28th, 2014

Dr. Eric Baylin is a master in his field! First of all, he put me in his already booked schedule! He preformed a surgery on me that took him more than 3 hours in surgery to repair and find my tear duct!! He warned me, that it might not be found as it is so small and had maybe grown into the healing already! But he would not give up so as to save my tear duct! If Dr. Baylin had not been so diligent and head strong to help me... I would never be able to wear makeup again without it running down my face all day! It has only been 5 months and the scar is almost gone and everyone says, Whoever did your surgery... did a great job! I am so so grateful that he cared enough about helping me! This is a rare thing to find this caring of a doctor in this day! He is a sweetheart, an absolute doll! He and his staff are the absolute best! I am forever thankful!

Jan 13th, 2014

The exact type of doctors one wants to see when you have some serious issues. From the time I first met with him throughout the three following surgeries I could not ask for better. I was called at home after each surgery to make sure I was doing ok. I had to contact him a couple of times with concerns and received texts and calls to discuss my issues. The results of the surgeries have been very good, much better than anticipated based on the health condition I went to see Dr. Baylin about. He came highly recommended by my ophthalmologist and by other medical professionals and they were right on. He is a very compassionate and caring doctor while at the same time demanding perfection from himself in his work. This is exactly the person you want to perform surgery on you. He really is very, very good!!!!

Best doctor I have seen in years show details Best doctor I have seen in years
by Curtis G. on Nov 11th, 2013

I could not be more pleased with my experience with Dr. Baylin and his staff. The office atmosphere is friendly and caring. Dr. Baylin repaired my eyelid after cancer was removed by my dermatologist. I was stunned to get a call from the doctor the night after my surgery. My eyelid is healing great and I don't think anyone will even notice I had surgery. I couldn't be more impressed by the all around care given and I will be sending tons of friends his way.....

Office Staff show details Office Staff
by Potential Patient on Nov 5th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Baylin for Fibrous Dysplasia (behind the eyes) and the office staff has cancelled or attempted to cancel my appointment several times because they did not have the results of my CT. The office staff has told me numerous time that they would get back with me and NEVER did and then I was told that Dr. Baylin did not find this an emergency and wanted to reschedule my appointment 3 months down the road. To top it off the office staff has pretty much indicated that it was the fault of the referring eye doctor, the imaging company, and MYSELF for her lack of completing her office duties (follow-up tasks). She presumed to SARCASTICALLY tell me that she would give me constant calls from now on, when in fact it would have been only 1 or 2 calls for the entire month. I cannot go out in the sun, have trouble driving, seeing my monitor at work, severe headaches, right eye swelling out of the socket (surprised look) and my left eye twitching. The eye doctor who referred me to him was excellent and ordered a biopsy from Baylin to rule out cancer. I can only wonder if this is the type of treatment before I get the first consult, what will the service be like? HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL so far!

Delighted patient show details Delighted patient
Aug 13th, 2013

Thanks to Dr. Baylin, I look 10 years younger. My experience couldn't have been more pleasant from beginning to end. This is a doctor you can trust with your eyes!

Best Doctoe show details Best Doctoe
by Tehseen Mehdi on Feb 26th, 2013

He is one of the best doctor I have ever seen. Love his bed side manner.

by JoAnne Dack on Feb 26th, 2013

I had dry eye problems which resulted in eye infection for about 7 months. After many prescriptions for antibiotics my opthalmalogist sent me to Dr. Baylin. Dr. Baylin irrigated my tear duct twice and then scheduled me for surgery. Overall, my experience was awesome. Dr. Baylin and his staff are very professional and caring. He is one of the finest doctors I have ever had. Today, thank God and Dr. Baylin I am well and fully recovered.

ULTRA Satisfied and Happy Patient - J Martin, Johns Creek show details ULTRA Satisfied and Happy Patient - J Martin, Johns Creek
Nov 6th, 2012

I needed surgical help on my eyes to correct muscle damage and drooping resulting from a brain tumor. My opthamologist told me that she would only refer her patients who needed ocular surgery to Dr. Eric Baylin, and now I see why. From the moment I 1st contacted his office and staff, throughout the surgery, and the rehab and follow-ups, I have never experienced anything better and more professional.All of Dr. Baylin's staff are exceptional. My surgical results surpassed any expectation that I had formed. I can't believe that I look this way now!During my recovery, I had one of those "anxious" moments you often get. It was on a Saturday evening. I called his office and the recording told me to select option 1 and I would be forward to Dr. Baylin's cell - he answered the call! I texted photos of my eyes to him and within 5 minutes he called me back to allay any fears or anxiety I had. If you want a great and caring surgeon with a compassionate staff - Dr. Baylin should be your clear pick.

Clueless show details Clueless
Nov 5th, 2012

This guy seemed unsure and couldn't make a decision on what i needed to fix my eye. He spent more time talking to his assistant than to me. I plan on seeing someone with more experience. Back to school Dr. Baylin.

Oct 9th, 2012

Dr Eric Baylin is a top-notch professional who has tremendous medical skills that are supplemented by a genuine care for the patient, before, during, and after medical procedures are performed. I would not hesitate to call upon him again and highly recommend his services to anyone.

May 9th, 2012

Excellent & friendly staff. Dr. Baylin had excellent knowledge of my condition and how to solve the specific situation. We drove over 100 miles to see him and he made us feel very comfortable about our options.

Excellent Service, Excellent Results show details Excellent Service, Excellent Results
Nov 5th, 2011

My overall experience was excellent. Dr. Baylin was very nice and knowable. Passion for accuracy. A caring and family man who I have very much respect. Best wishes for Dr. Baylin and his staff for providing me the very best of care and results.-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

Best bedside manner! show details Best bedside manner!
Apr 8th, 2011

Dr. Baylin is not only the most amazing surgeon I have met but also a great person. He cares for his patients like you are part of his family. I visited Dr. Baylin when he worked in the office of Chip Cole and Brent Murphy. I must admit I was completely turned off by the staff and especially the practice administrator but when I met Dr. Baylin I was stunned! Thankfully Dr. Baylin left that practice before I scheduled my surgery. I found him by searching the internet because I knew I wanted him to do my surgery. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Baylin; you will not be disappointed.

Didn't get what I paid for..... show details Didn't get what I paid for.....
Mar 20th, 2011

Dr. Baylin performed this surgery twice and it looked good at first but then it went back to the way it was. The second time, he only charged me $250, but what good is that if it didn't do what I originally paid $3500 for? The third time I went back to him he suggested getting both eyes done. I was hesitant but set a surgery date. About a month before the surgery, I called his office to check on insurance and the cost of this surgery. The lady in charge of claims and payments couldn't give me a clear answer because she said my insurance company didn't get back with her and probably wouldn't until a few days before the surgery. I asked her again for some kind of estimate and then told her that I had had this eyelid correction done twice so far to no avail. She said she would talk to Dr. Baylin and get back with me... She never got back with me. I cancelled the surgery. So, in short, I wasted about $3700 dollars.

Best eyelid surgeon in town show details Best eyelid surgeon in town
Jul 18th, 2009

Dr. Baylin does incredible work around the eyes. I truly felt he cared about the result as much as I did.

by jbgreenman on Feb 9th, 2009

Dr Baylin is an outstanding physician. He spent time with me at the beginning to fully explain my situation He followed up after surgery and was caring and thorough throughout my treatment. the results are great - exactly what I had hoped for. I would highly recommend him to all who need his services.

Talented and Caring show details Talented and Caring
Feb 1st, 2009

Dr. Baylin is not only an excellent surgeon, he is a caring individual.