Dr. Eric Berkson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9
  • 7 reviews

May 19th, 2015
Pectoralis major muscle tear / tendon rupture repair.
Dr. Berkson performed surgery to repair a pectoralis major muscle teat / tendon rupture that I suffered while bench pressing in the gym. This is a fairly uncommon injury, which if left untreated, results in a significant permanent loss of anterior strength and a prominent chest deformity caused by the tendon having completely detached from the humerus (arm bone). Realizing the severity of the injury, and that best results are achieved with surgery occuring within a few weeks of injury, Dr. Berkson scheduled an immediate in-office consultation with me during which he examined the injury, and reviewed the MRIs and radiology report. Dr. Berkson explained the nature of the injury, my options, and prognosis for a complete recovery and return of strength with surgery. I opted for Dr. Berkson to perform surgery so I could return to my active lifestyle. Surgery was scheduled to occur a few days later, and was a complete success. My family was in the waiting room, and I'm told that Dr. Berkson went to see them after surgery and let them know that surgery was successful and everything went as expected, which they really appreciated. Later that day, while at home, I experienced a little discomfort that prompted me to contact Dr. Berkson's pager number. In less than a minute, I received a call from Dr. Berkson who explained that the discomfort I was experiencing was temporary, and was likely due to the anesthesia I received earlier that day. He was correct. A few hours later, the discomfort subsided. I'm several weeks post-surgery and happy to report that my recovery is going expremely well. I didn't experience any significant pain, which is generally associated with this type of injury, and have fully regained mobility in my arm, all of which I attribute to having had an excellent surgeon. I've had two post-op visits with Dr. Berkson, and am scheduled to visit with him again in another few weeks. At the initial consultation and each post-op visit, Dr. Berkson has been friendly, attentive, and has taken the time to answer all of my questions. At no time have I ever feel rushed or unimportant. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Berkson and his competent staff. Highly recommended.

January 20th, 2015
Sports Injury? Knee Injury he's your guy
So glad after a sports injury we brought our child who is a competitive athlete to see Dr. Berkson (regardless of the written reviews here). Our first appointment was 90 minutes long, the second appointment 20, then surgery, then easily 5 emergency pages by me or our athlete, off hours due to questions or problems. Then sending a photo of the complication, we were in the next day where we had to wait for the first time to see him. He solved the problem, off we went. There was a complication from the injury and we knew a second surgery would come pretty quick, and it has. At this point we've spent countless hours with him in office. He doesn't answer his phone, he doesn't rush us, on occasion we've been last of the day and stayed and talked sports injuries and different methods and treatments. On top, our athlete really likes him and he brings a sense of calm to the situation. The thought of never playing again has been a very real fear which Dr. Berkson has understood throughout. He is a steady ship in rough seas. Oh, and his administrative assistant has never delayed on calling me back or anything of the nature. I know the check in process in Foxboro if that's where you go, MGH is much better for check in.

January 21st, 2014
waste of my time
I went to see him for potential rotator cuff. He orders an X-ray which is ineffective . MRI is what you need to make a correct diagnoses in order to see the tissue damage . He comes in tells me I don't have arthritis.. Yes I know that. I have a rotator cuff tear . He tell me to put ice on it He is completely dismissive and acts like he is in a rush. What a waste of my time and insurance money.

February 28th, 2013
I've wiaited over an hour past my appt time to see him. He rushes through the appt and is often pre-occupied either writing or typing notes while I'm asking questions or trying to talk. I've had to wait 3 weeks for the office to respond to a simple request. He may be very knowledgeable about his area and a skilled surgeon, but that is only one part of quality of care.

April 14th, 2011
Get off the phone
Dr. Berkson definitely knows his stuff. I went to see him, and was very concerned about my injury. As I was speaking, his phone rang and he smiled and answered it. He then proceeded to have a conversation while I sat there wondering if I was going to be heard. I thought this was completely unprofessional, and makes me wonder if he is going to be answering his phone while he's doing my surgery.Nevertheless, his knowledge is top notch. I just hope that he can improve on his professionalism.

October 22nd, 2010
Best Doctor I have found.
I tore my labrum in my shoulder, and after getting it misdiagnosed several times, and being wrongly treated with physical therapy, I saw Dr. Berkson, ...

June 5th, 2010
Top Doc in My Book
I would recommend seeing Dr Eric Berkson. I see him in Foxboro MA. He is caring and really listens well to you plus he has a nice smile that makes you feel comfortable and he gives you options and shows you details of your results on the computer like x rays and MRI etc, When you are in pain he makes time to see you if he is in the office. He looks at you and answers all your questions. I feel like I am very confident in having him as my orthopaedic surgeon.