inactive

Eric Brehm MD Patient Reviews

3.2

October 15th, 2014
Downhill
He has lost interest in his patients. Rushed, disconnected. Rubber stamped me. Needs a wake up call. After a long time, not returning.

February 8th, 2013
Took forever, didn't ask questions, no real diagnosis or probing of my issues, no handshake, no apology for being late... won't be going back.

September 11th, 2012
He's an MD, not a Mr. Rodgers
I can't believe the bellyaching about bedside manner, lack of smiling and other childish issues.I've been seeing Dr. Brehm for 10 years, the first time when he accurately diagnosed me having thyroiditis, an unusual condition.Yes, he gets to the point when he thinks I'm not taking my health seriously.

February 22nd, 2012
His answer to everything seems to be exercise. Likes to test frequently - but in spite of these frequent office visits nothing seems to get resolved, and the cash in my wallet gets smaller. When a symptom finally did get his attention, he sent me to a specialist. By that time, a lot of damage had been done. After a while I noticed that I preferred going to the dentist more than to the doctor. That's how unpleasant it was for me.

January 27th, 2012
He is Everything that is Wrong with Medicine Today
5 minutes of consultation-$280.00Cost of prescription meds-$300.00When I was still sick a month later, he would not take my phone call. I was told to come in again-another $280.00! This guy could'nt care less about healing; just a money grubber and a tool of pharmaceutical companies.

June 16th, 2011
HAD TO LEAVE HIS "CARE"
Just doesn't listen and doesn't seem to care.

March 17th, 2011
He is an excellent doctor and his diagnosis is spot on. He wont give you medicine if you don't need it, he tries first to get it corrected by changing diet and exercise routine. He may not be smiling all the time but that does not bother me as he very diligent with all the necessary steps to get my problem corrected.

August 12th, 2010
Very Thorough MD
Not sure why other people had problem with this MD. He has helped me lower my BP and cholesterol to normal. Only Rx enough meds for 3 months as a reminder to me to make follow up appt. He reviewed my records from past MD and found inconsistency in that MD's record keeping. I was surprised that he actually read the old records. I think other patients felt MD was cold but he is just very medically focused. If you want to chat with your MD see a therapist. (or talk with his medical assistant--she is very caring, warm and puts you at ease and often makes me laugh) If you want thorough health care see Dr Brehm! He is worth the wait and I also want to say that the office always gets back to me on the same day.

April 8th, 2010
Worst Medical Professional I have Visited
Dr. Eric Brehm (Chicago) has an appalling bedside manner. During my first visit with him, he spent less than 5 minutes with me, asked me NO questions about my medical history or prior illnesses, gave me a Z-pack and sent me on my way without ever smiling or seeming to care. I felt like he was only interested in visiting as many patients as possible with no concern for quality. I vowed to never use him as my physician again. Unfortunately, I had no choice the second time, as he was the only available doctor for the time I was free. On my second visit, he insinuated I lied or exaggerated a prior diagnosis (made in his facility by another doctor, not me), lectured me, and then scolded me for not seeing the same doctor consistently (which is very difficult given that my work schedule is not flexible. I have to see who I can). In the middle of this, I broke down in tears explaining that I was very concerned about my health and that I did not want to receive the same poor treatment I had last time. He continued to scold me for not seeing the same doctor, never smiled and offered absolutely zero understanding or comfort for my concerns. I have never ordered a doctor to leave my room, but I did this time. I was appalled by his behavior. It doesn't take much to smile and listen to your patients frustrations and concerns. In fact, I think failing to do so will ultimately lead in mal-practice. If you can, see another physician. It's your health, and it's important to have a physician who is willing to listen and shows genuine concern for your health. Dr. Brehm does none of these things.

April 7th, 2010
I have gone to Dr Brehm a handful of times and have always had to wait in the waiting room for no less than 30 minutes, a few times over an hour. The bedside manner was very poor. The door had more personality than the doctor. There was never any follow up from the office and any condition. After seeing Dr Brehm for a condition, he refused to write a referral for me to get more comprehensive care from a more specialized care giver. Needless to say, I will not return to him.