Dr. Eric Britton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 25th, 2016
Dupuytren's and Treatment Options
I am writing this as my experience in seeing Dr Britton is opposite to some of the negative comments expressed here. My consult with Dr Britton, whose large practice this is, was a most positive one. I found him informative, patient & thorough in examining my crooked fingers (Dupuytren's Contracture) and presenting me with options. He could not have been kinder, was knowledgeable (I had done tons of research & knew he was a Primary Investigator in the clinical trial) & he did not rush through my consult as so many doctors do these days. I was initially very excited about getting the new Xiaflex injections, & hoped I would be approved, but when I contacted my Medicare/Humana provider, I was told the Xiaflex injectable would cost me over $3k per hand, so I will now get hand surgery to correct my finger contractures. The staff has been helpful & informed, it seems a very well operated professional practice, & judging by the large crowd of patients waiting to be seen, is probably due to the high quality of all the doctors there.

January 26th, 2016
Dr Britton is an arrogant surgeon who talks down to his patients. He does not answer your questions and give the patient a sense of confidence. He is a condescending jerk. He is the all powerful doctor and we're just supposed to do what he says. Horrible bed side manner. In fact at the end of my visit, he said "it's arthritis, live with it". My father is a surgeon, my grandfather, Uncle and 2 brothers are all physicians. I know doctors are human but dr Britton treated me like I was dirt to step on. Horrible man. And skills are even worse.

February 3rd, 2015
Great doctor, excellent surgeon
I saw Dr. Britton for a torn ligament in my thumb. I had previously seen another hand surgeon for this issue and was prescribed conservative bracing. As a physician myself, I did quite a bit of research into this condition and found that almost all of the medical literature supported early operative intervention. I discussed this with Dr. Britton who advised that bracing may provide years of relief, but if this wasn't fixed surgically eventually it would cause arthritis and decreased use of my thumb. Bottom line- I trusted Dr. Britton's opinion and had the surgery. Everything went great; surgery was successful and as pleasant an experience as possible; my thumb is healing perfectly. IMO, Dr. Britton is great at what he does and I am thankful I chose him.

May 1st, 2010
BAD doctor
He was incredibly rude, dismissive, condescending, and poorly informed about my condition. I hated both this doctor and his practice. He does not deserve the title of "Doctor" in that he had no interest in helping me or in paying attention to my complaints. I would NEVER go to see him again.