A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Eric Carson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Eric Carson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carson
Wound Care Patient Education Learn all about treating healing and non-healing wounds care by reading our Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Carson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Eric Carson, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Carson graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Carson has 8 hospital affiliations:
- UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- University of Virginia Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Eric W Carson MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 22 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Eric W. Carson practice?
- Dr. Eric Carson has 1 office location.
Dr. Eric Carson practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Charlottesville, VA.
See Charlottesville Surgeons.