A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 1 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Eric Chen is Poor. Dr. Chen has been reviewed by 1 patients who have provided 1 comments. The rating is 1 out of 4 stars.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Eric Chen, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Retina Surgery and Retinal Disorders.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Chen graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston.More Education & Awards
Dr. Chen has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Seton Medical Center Austin
- The Methodist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Chen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 1 plan
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 4 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Independence Blue Cross - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Eric Chen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Eric M. Chen practice?
Dr. Eric Chen practices Ophthalmology and Internal Medicine near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Austin, TX and Sugar Land, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists and Houston Internists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Erick Chen, Dr. Erik Chen, Dr. Erich Chen