Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine Surgeon

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jan 28th, 2016

Dr Clarke is a caring and skilled.

by dave boozer on Sep 28th, 2015

correctly diagnosed two different issues I was having on separate occasions that other doctors had missed.

He knows what he is doing show details He knows what he is doing
by Tabitha on Sep 16th, 2015

There was nothing i didnt like about Dr. Clarke! I just has surgery with him yesterday afternoon for cubital tunnel syndrome and im just now at 4:47 am getting hit with a little pain not to bad i must say it hurt real bad after surgery bc of the initial incision the gave me pain meds after surgery fir that pain also whike under he gave me a block which blocked the oain for twelve hours. I see him at his office in athens TN was referred to him by the voytik center in Cleveland which i am very thankful that dr. Voytik was a horrible doctor and passed me on to Dr.Clarke the voytik center was awful and did not help me Dr. Voytik himself didnt spend but 3 min in the room talking to me. So i was sent to Dr. Clarke and he listened to everything i had to say done multiple things to figure the problem at and we both decided surgery was best. Now as i went for surgery his nurses were very sweet very concerned with pain levels and with making me comfortable. I also want to add that my husband prayed with me before surgery and in the operating room i asked Dr. Clarke if he an his nurses with pray with me and they did i have never seen this haooen before or ever heard of it. He is a great Dr. I would recommend him to anyone. He also cares for each of his patients and doesn't look at you just as a number or dollar signs i do have tenn care and the voytik center treated me like crap and tokd me i needed to wait foe it that cubital tunnel usually clears uo within a month but the problem was i had been dealing with this for 8. I guess the voytik center doesn't care about their patients and i have heard numerous bad things but Dr. Clarke is the best. I highly recommend him and his staff to anyone having problems he deffinetly knows his stuff. Thank you so much Dr. Clarke

DR CLARKE IS...AWESOME!! KNOWLEDGEABLE!!! BRILLIANT!!! show details DR CLARKE IS...AWESOME!! KNOWLEDGEABLE!!! BRILLIANT!!!
by TAMMY M! on Jun 6th, 2013

Dr. Clarke performed a rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder in 2006. That surgery went extremely well & I have had no other problems with it. In 2009, he treated my then 17 year old daughter’s ankle after an injury in her high school’s gym. Today, she is a senior in college, an athlete & an avid runner so her surgery was a success as well. It’s June, 2013 & after a recent emergency room visit, I have been diagnosed with an ankle and knee injury & referred to an orthopedic doctor. I was given another name but I immediately told my primary care physician that I will see no one other than Dr. Clarke because I am familiar with him & because I have the utmost confidence in his treatment. I’d lost contact with Dr. Clarke since my daughter’s treatment but I found him online today & I will be calling him TODAY to schedule an appointment. He is awesome!

Great doctor! show details Great doctor!
by Scott & Margaret Smith on Feb 6th, 2013

We have great appreciation and respect for Dr. Eric Clarke. We very much appreciate his expertise. His is well read and keeps current. After careful assessment of different shoulder problems, he has recommended physical therapy, which took care of the problems. We recommend him highly. He is our first choice for orthopedic issues.

Oct 7th, 2011

Dr Clarke has a wonderful bedside manner. He performed ORIF on my right ankle during a particularly difficult time in my life as I had just lost my mother very suddenly and unexpectedly. Before surgery, he prayed with me after I initiated the conversation that many people were praying for God to guide him during the surgery. I was very calm and less anxious after that. He is not only a skilled surgeon but a compassionate one and I would recommend him to anyone.

Patient and father of patients show details Patient and father of patients
Jun 15th, 2011

Our daughter had knee surgery and Dr. Clarke made several visits to our house following the surgery just to check up on her. She has since called him about other issues when she has been out of town and not near a doctor. He has always made himself available to her as well as our other daughter who also plays sports. I have been to see him as well (we are all into various sports). He loves getting people back out there and will do whatever it takes to help but is also sensitive to people's finances. We had to go to another orthopedic doctor in town once when Dr. Clarke was out of town and came to realize how spoiled we were. We feel very fortunate to have the expertise of someone who has worked on professional athletes so available to us. I strongly encourage anyone to go to him first and feel strongly that you will not be disappointed.