Dr. Eric Coligado MD Patient Reviews

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Southlake, TX

• Good
  • Bad

January 21st, 2017
Not the best doctor I've seen but not the worst either.
Although, I do feel Dr. Caligado needs to improve his bedside manner, he did make an effort to help me. There were times when I was with him that I felt I had done something wrong. He can be abrupt but I try get along with everyone. Saw him about 5 times and after each visit he made an effort to be personable but something was missing. I can't nail it down but I wouldn't say he was rude.

January 21st, 2017
Not the best doctor I've seen but not the worst either.

September 21st, 2011
My arm no longer hurts
I love tennis. My elbow doesn't. Dr. C helped me with my tennis elbow. I'm back on the courts. Elbow better. Too bad Im still losing. Oh well. Thanks, Dr. Coligado.

March 9th, 2011
Impressed by acupuncture
Was skeptical at first, but acupuncture for my tennis elbow was beneficial. Thanks Dr. C !

December 30th, 2010
Highly recommend
Displayed excellent bedside manner. Quickly diagnosed the problem and his recommended treatment got me back to feeling good. What else can I say? Thanks, Dr. Coligado!

October 14th, 2010
I work for an airline and ruptured two discs in my back. This doctor saw me on several occasions and did NOTHING for me. He is very unprofessional and rude. I do not recommend him to anybody. I have posted a sign at work for injured workers to stay clear of him. Unethical comes to mind!
Doctor's Response

I pride myself in attempting to diagnose my patients in a medically appropriate manner. I review the results of work up with my patients, and I attempt to treat the patient in a conservative manner. I review non-operative treatment options that are supported by the medical literature/evidence based medicine. I attempt to spend time to educate the patient and my attempt to limit disability due to deconditioning. If surgical intervention is requested by the patient or if it is medically indicated, surgical referrals are made. I am frequently the second doctor to see the patient as I am a specialist. Primary care physicians ask me to manage complex or difficult cases. Frequently I am asked by surgeons to manage their patients who don't require surgery. I am open to offering patients referrals for 3rd and even 4th opinions by reputable physicians. If I make a referral, I only refer to doctors that I would trust with my friends and family. I take care of patients with work related injuries as well as athletic injuries. I am a contracted provider for some workers compensation healthcare networks, and I am a preferred provider for some companies. The workers compensation process sometimes places the involved parties in adversarial positions which can be uncomfortable. As this is the case, the patient may not feel that I am looking out for their benefit. If a patient has a work related injury, and if he disagrees with my recommendations or treatment plan, the patient is informed of their entitlements. Mechanisms of dispute or mechanisms for requesting for another treating physician are also reviewed. I try to understand why a patient may disagree with my treatment plan, and I try to discuss and understand why the patient may be unhappy. I feel bad that this anonymous patient had a bad experience. I hope that she or he is feeling better or is healed. I welcome my patients to express themselves if they are unhappy. Hopefully they will communicate face to face instead of using this forum in a potentially libelous manner.

September 30th, 2010
great doc and office staff
Office staff is very efficient and professional. Doctor offered second opinion, and saved me from having surgery. I highly recommend!

March 31st, 2010
The office staff worked me in quickly for a diagnostic test. Dr. Coligado spent time explaining the procedure and answered all my concerns. I felt well taken care of, and I highly recommend him.

March 10th, 2010
The longest wait
first off i was referred to this doctor by my primary physician due to a bike accident. He was extremely rude (terrible bed side manner). I believe the office was having a lunch party and he kept leaving the room. i asked him repeatedly about what "what our course of action would be in terms of rehab and we kept getting interupted by the staff. eventually i had to leave due to my schedule. I would never return to see this doctor again, or even refer him to someone i didnt even like.
Doctor's Response

While I don't recall this encounter, I am sorry that this patient had a bad experience. All feedback, bad or good, is welcome. This is one of the ways one can improve.

October 28th, 2009
Nice pleasant staff. Takes time to communicate. Diagnosis accurate and treatment beneficial...highly recommend.

April 29th, 2017