Obstetrician & Gynecologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Long time patient  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2012

Dr. Colton is awesome. He has been my doctor for about 16 years. He delivered both of my children. When I go to see him it is like going to see a family member. He always makes you feel at ease and it so easy going. I will always consider him a really great friend and a true professional. He has seen me through issues that frightened me but when I spoke to him, I felt totally comforted and at ease. These days it is very difficult to find a doctor who doesn't look at you as if you are just another face in the crowd. He really cares. It is hard for a shy person to go to the GYN anyway but with Dr Colton, NO problem.

|  a very kind and knowledgable doctor  |  show details
Dec 26th, 2011

when i saw him for my pelvic pain, he knew right away what the problem was. his diagnosis of endometriosis and the subsequent treatment has helped me a lot. i would recommend him to anyone

|  best ob/gyn in st. louis  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2011

I have seen Dr Colon for more than 15 years and love him. He spends tons of time with me and answers all my questions. His staff is awesome too. My best friend sees him too and feels the same way. In fact she referred him to me. If you take the time to read the 2 poor reviews on this site you will see that one is written by a crazy man who is down right scary . The other by someone who probably complains about everything. Trust me, Colten is the nicest doctor in the world. Barbara B

|  CARING?  |  show details
by ~*HEATHER*~ on May 6th, 2011

overall experiences...HAPPY.what I dislike about MY physician IS COMMUNICATION. DUNNO whether I would recommend, DONT KNOW HIM WELL ENOUGHTHIS IS MY opinion

Jan 22nd, 2011

Dr. Colton was my doctor for several years until I moved to another city. My mom, sister, and grandmother all go to him and have always been happy. He did surgery on my Mom with no problems and was caring and professional. My sister is in her third trimester of her first pregnancy and she has been very happy with him.

|  Dr. Eric colton and his partner Doctor Whalen  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2010

These are 2 doctor's you can not depend on through your pregnancy,Eric colton has dropped my fiance and said in 2 week's that we will no longer have them as a doc obgyn .The hospital is great but these guy,s are a private team in the hospital and we are trying to have them removed, I am sure that other people must have had these problem's with them. Doctor Whalen and doctor Colton prescribed her a low dosage of pain medication because they said it was safer than over the counter advil and worked better,They did help with the pain but she wanted weaker pain medicine because her side effect's was vomiting . They precbribed the lowest dosage and it worked with no side affect's "at our request".She has other medication's that are for depression and anxity low dosage for anxity! So she ran out of her pain medication and told them she wanted them to do a refill ( I would like to add acording the the 12 pill's that they gave her she acutally due to the bottle took them as the bottle said and was out due to the bottle for 24 hour's when the pain was terrible Dr colton's partner called her from thier service they provide and called her a drug seeker,drug addict said she needed rehab,compared her to his wife and said many rude and unproffesional thing's to her that i won't repeat Doctor Thomas Whalen is the doctor that stepped way over the bounderie's at all cost I could tell they have done this before . He said she was in a car accident when she fell at Walmart and had to go to the emergency room at a local hospital by ambulance and he did not try to follow up on her even when she asked for his opinion and they are paid in full by our insurance and we feel Dr colton don't care and she told him they thought she fractured her tail bone 6 month's pregnant with twin's they do not care and then doctor Whalen lied and said I threatened him and i did not. I told him he was unprofessional and the reason's why as he tried to interupt me with giving personal information that was lies to me trying to cause problem's between her and I but I heard his whole degrading conversation to her and when i told him what i heard him say he said he would get dirty and the point is they act as a team of mobster's and they are not they have lied, disrespected us, controdicted thierselves and obviously do not trust thier patient and we don't trust them but if they would take the time to open thier paitients file before they open thier mouth they would know what Really happened which is thier officew making several mistake and lies oh and Dr colton dropped us for these reason's and his exact words were "(your fiance called my college Dr whalen and threatened him and we have been friend's for 25 year's >I am dropping you as a patient in two week's you won't be a paitent here anymore and I have nothing else to say >>>>Click)"And the only thing i threatened Dr Whalen with was an attourney because due to thier past expierience we had several witnesses of the conversation and I told him and now they call back on a witheld number and treat her like this on her birthday but I never threatened them with anything other than an attourney and since her family is all attourney,s we will be sure the aquire the most efficent team to pursue these two doctor's for thier little organized way of getting the bigger part of insurance then dropping patient under discrimination I highly recommend not using them and im curious to know if most if not all of these reviews are from thier friends they value over thier patient's.The hospital is resolving the matter on thier own since these doctor's are making them look bad but the hospital has alway's been great and the doctor's but the side kick doctor's weazeled thier way in and it is our job to remove them I hope that other's with these matter's can jump in and joinmy email is jclevner@aol.com if you wish to contact me Thank you very much and please step forward so we can all resolve this matter.Thank you to the hospital and I hope to hear from people soon.

|  Can't Find Good Docs anymore....  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2010

Well, after I had a terrible experience with my last OB because of an ectopic I had that burst and he did not catch it, I wanted to find someone who really cared and listened to me when I had ANY iisues, since to me, all issues were bad at this point. When you know there is something wrong with your body and you have someone telling you time and time again that it is perfectly normal and you know it is not, well that's not a very good or caring doctor. Dr. Colton is kinda that way. You tell him that you have an issue with terrible hip and pelvic pain and can hardly breathe and he said that it was nothing to worry about, well that's just plain crap. I have been pregnant 2 other times and know that it is not normal when you can hardly walk at 24 weeks from supposed "pressure" of the baby. Well, the baby isn't near heavy enough at that point to be causing such issues. He spends very little time with you in the office and it is almost a waste of gas to drive out there for him to tell me that I am another 2 weeks pregnant!! DUH!! I can count.... PLUS, I won't even recieve my last ultrasound until like the 38 or 39 week which is crazy because I could give birth by then!! They have an utrasound machine in the very room you are in and can't take the 2 minutes out of their day to do one. It's rediculous. Im almost scared to let him actually deliver my child, I had many thoughts of switching but at this late stage (35 weeks) it would be pointless. Pray for me!!

Nov 10th, 2009

Dr. Colton has been my doctor since Dr. Taute retired. He is the best doctor I have ever been too. I have referred many friends who feel the same as I do. Dr. Colton has performed a few medical procedures on me and personally calls me with my results and always takes my calls if I have questions. He is great.

by Jeanne on Aug 6th, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Colton since the mid 1990s. He was my first male OBGYN. He has always been nothing but courteous, professional, and caring. I have referred him to many friends and family. I would highly recommend him!

Feb 16th, 2009

Delivered my first and only child. Had a very condescending attitude. Fairly sarcastic, as well. Was in delivery room for the least amount of time as possible. Seemed quite disinterested. Fortunately, all went well. Switched OBs after him.

Doctor's Response

I am very sorry to hear this and would welcome any form of conversation and I am truly sorry the experience did not meet your expectations and I wish you the best.