Dr. Eric Becker Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Eric Becker?

Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Eric Becker?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

May 2nd, 2017

Dr. Becker is the worst medical professional I have ever seen in my life. His patients are just cash-cows to him. This guy overbooks his appointments, leaves you waiting for at times 30+ minutes, spends only about 5 minutes/10 max with you, and makes you come back for follow-up appointments in an unnecessary short amount of time. The more appointments he has, the more money he makes. The more appointments he makes you come back for even if you're stable on your meds, the more money he makes. And on top of it, if you miss an appointment, you'll be charged $130 out of pocket. He never made me feel like he genuinely cares about his patients and has the personality of a rock. His staff members are not the friendliest either. In addition, within 5 minutes of my very first appointment, the guy brought up a possible diagnosis for a condition I have never been told I showed symptoms for. I spoke with other medical professionals for second opinions and all were in complete disagreement with his possible diagnosis. I do not recommend him at all.

September 16th, 2016

It's a business

Dr. Becker and his staff focus more on my money than on my mental health. They are expensive yet they want to see me every three months without fail or delay. If you haven't made an appointment with them within the three months they send you a letter explaining that they will close your file and you will no longer be their patient.

March 5th, 2016

Unprofessional, rude, and completely unsympathetic. Clearly in the field for the money.

November 27th, 2015

Perspective Patient

Dr. Becker refused to reschedule an appointment I had to cancel the day before For a job interview, and I'm out of work! Is this a doctor who cares about helping people?

August 27th, 2015

Honest review with comparisons

So.. I have had quite the history with Psychiatric issues. Dr Becker is my fourth psychiatrist as I am very picky with my doctors. My first psychiatrist never listened and stopped my main med mid treatment because a lab value was off. Needless to say landed me in the Psychiatric ward twice within a month. My second psychiatrist was great. However I moved and couldn't do 1.5 hr drive to see him every other month. Third dr if I didn't leave or stop taking half the meds I wouldn't be reviewing right now. 6meds just for sleep then 3 mood stabilizers, yet still no sleep. This doctor also told me I was not bipolar, depressed or anxious even with 3 prior diagnosises. I then switched to Dr Becker after asking my Primary who he recommends. Mind you my Primarys father and his ex wife are psychiatrists. The sad part is I had my Primary do my psychiatrist job and get me on the right meds. Dr Becker started me with what my Primary had me on. We discussed the benefits of each and how effective they have been for me. Dr Becker listened. He thoroughly went through my history and my concerns. Mind you I am a healthcare professional. I will not discuss my occupation as the staff does not need to know my identity. Overall Dr Becker has a keen understanding of psychological disorders. We discussed the issue of medications and how I would like to keep my med use limited. Bedside manner is great. Very down to earth laid back gentleman. If I was just rating him easily 4 stars. His staff though.... The receptionist can be either really nice or a total beach. I wanted to pay but she didn't have change and gave me an attitude about it. I'm sorry I only had 2 $50bills on me at the time. Dr Becker was recommended by one of the best drs in the area. I wouldn't have gone to see him if I didn't have backing from my Primary care physician.

April 22nd, 2015

This guy tells every patient he has they are bipolar and wants to put them on mood stabilizers. He's a joke all he cares about is making money that's why he's there until 8 pm and always excepts new patients. He spends 5 mins with you diagnosis you with bipolar hands you a script and wants to see you in 2 weeks. His diagnosis has been so wrong on many many many occasions.

April 17th, 2015

Not sure if He is typical but .......

I read the reviews and will add based on my OWN experience (not devulging too much info as to identify myself to him or his staff) I have had Two(2) members of my Family "treated" by Dr. Becker. I have been present while the second was seen, I heard about the other visits from Family. I am an educated Man (not in the field of Medicine) I was quite honestly dumstruck reading some of these reviews and comparing them to what I witnessed. He never looked up from his iPad and the printer starting humming spitting out scrips about 7 minutes into the 1st meeting. The Total meeting lasted 15 minutes as described by others and I simply can not imaging how the Man sleeps at night given how some of his patients have fared under his care. I imagine he doesn't read a newspaper. I can only imagine the "practice" of his area of medicine is challenging to say the least BUT an initial diagnosis should probably last longer than a visit to Subway especially when psychotropic drugs are being prescribed for someone who needs the "help" of a professional supposedly dedicated to the care of patients mental health. I don't know, kind of disheartening.

April 6th, 2015

Lousy

Does not listen - Diagnosis within minutes - cares about the MONEY not your wellness

March 31st, 2015

Dr. Becker is really nice. His recpitionist is not nice.

March 15th, 2015

Pushes medications

Dr Becker have me what I wanted prescription wise but he seems like a pill pusher. I would tell him I wasnt sleeping or had temporary stress and he would offer more medication rather than helping me find coping skills. Thankfully I was seeing a counselor at the same time and she helped me without pumping more chemicals in my body.

October 23rd, 2014

Giving an honest review.

I have see a lot of mixed reviews, so I figured I would try and give a balanced one. I have seen doctor Becker for 2 years writing this, and I can understand the other peoples concerns, along with their praise. So here we go. Pros: Making an appointment is easy with Dr. B., especially over any other doctor, he see's patients until 8pm some days, I know no other psychiatrist that does that. The wait time is nothing, I have been in the waiting room and seen him go through 6 or 7 patients in an hour. Usually a 5 minute wait maybe 10. The staff is okay, sometimes they are a bit rude, the one lady is very nice though. His bedside manner is also very nice. He is speaks very calmly, makes you feel comfortable, and is very laid back. I like all of this about him, he is really not too rude, like some psychs. Cons: He spends almost no time with his patients. I have been in and he saw me for a total of 5 minutes before, he almost pushes you out and on to the next one. I know it's his job, but the time you spend with him is beyond short. He does push medications a good bit, not as much as some other doctors, but he does recommend adding medicines quite a good amount of the time. Many of them which I politely declined. Certain things you tell him he is unaware of, specifically if it is a common side effect. I have had other doctors I talk to tell me what I experience is a common side effect, even general physicians, he seems like he has no clue what your mentioning when it's common thing. Lastly, he asks me the exact same questions every time I see him. It is almost like he doesn't want to hear if something is happening that might not be going so well, or tried to avoid it. I wish he would be a little more direct in addressing these types of things. Anyway overall: I give him a 2 out of 4 stars. He is an OK psych, and a nice guy, but there are better ones out there. I have seen maybe 10 psychs in my lifetime, due to moving mostly, and think I can give an honest review. But in general, he is an OK pick.

October 10th, 2014

Highly competent with an attention to detail. Recommend.

I came across these reviews, accidentally while looking for Dr.Becker's office number. I was surprised at many of the reviews, because they do not appear to be the same doctor I see and trust my mental health, well being with. It is 2014. Unless you are extremely wealthy a 15 minute session with a highly competent, alert, interested psychiatrist, that takes detailed notes,with an interest in detailed information, prepared before you walk through the door is essential, vital, a positive life changing experience. I had previously seen two very good doctors, before Dr.Becker that are no longer in private practice. Then I went to see a doctor similar to the reviews here that was aloof, doubled your medication on every visit until you were a zombie, and couldn't remember if you were a patient or interior decorator there to change the decor of her office.That is not Dr.Becker. He will challenge you, he will be honest with you, he will probe you, and yes he may want to add, subtract, modify medication if he hears or sees something of concern. I'm grateful to have him as a doctor. His schedule is full, a first consultation may take a while to get, but I believe it to be well worth it.