Dr. Eric Dobratz MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 22nd, 2016
Dr. Dobratz is Awesome
Dr. Dobratz is awesome. It is difficult to get an appointment in less than 3 months time, so be mindful of that.

August 6th, 2016
Trauma - huge cut and broken nose along with deviated septum
I specifically told the Dr. Please correct my deviated septum since my nose is already broke, I have had problems for years. He ignored and did not do that. Since the surgery to correct my broken nose, my nose is numb, my breathing is even worse since the surgery. Also, had trauma with a huge cut between my eyes, he is a plastic surgeon, he refuses to touch it, only stitched it up tighter still leaving a huge scar on my face! Reading reviews and what folks have told me, he should have corrected the deviated septum same time as my broken nose! That is what a typical ENT would do! Dr. Dobratz laughs it off, also laughs off my scar which makes me feel very uncomfortable. I hope another Dr. reads this and can help with my issue. I could have had all fixed with one surgery! I think he is after the insurance money and not my well being. His staff even asked me why he didnt fix my deviated septem during the surgery, they also found it odd! Now I am scarred for life! My insurance covers procedures due to trauma on face! but he refuses.

October 19th, 2015
rjfinva
Dr. Dobratz is an excellent surgeon and person, but I am running into complications after an operation for a deviated septum which included having to (re)break my nose and harvest cartilage from my left ear. My nose grew a hump on it after the initial surgery and I had to have another surgery to file the hump off. The cartilage he inserted in my left nostril tip is a poor fit making my nostril bulge out, and also bends into the inside of my nostril creating discomfort and irritation. I was initially very unhappy with the amount of cartilage that was taken from my ear, and possibly thru technical jargon was not aware of the extent of the cartilage to be inserted. At a minimum I want the cartilage removed or surgically altered so it does not interfere with the comfort in the left nostril (it was the right nostril that was blocked to begin with and that was the whole point of the surgery, and that is now clear), and at best to have the nostril(s) cleared of distending cartilage. It has been about 10 months since the surgery and I hope we can come to some kind of suitable solution on my next visit scheduled for early December. I am unhappy with all the complications of what I thought would have been fairly routine.

January 5th, 2015
Poor review
A disaster so far.

July 23rd, 2014
Best Reconstructive surgeon
I met DR Dobratz after seeing DR Karakla and the two of them preformed a 12 hr surgery my face was paralysed from the parotid cancer, DR Dobratz reconstructed my face so it now looks more normal, I owe these Dr one for my life and one for making my face more presentable--you probably will never see this but I hope others do that might be facing the same thing and know the best care can be found at the EVMS ent

February 26th, 2014
Broken Nose: After the first surgery my breathing was worse (including the 1 year recovery). I was stupid enough to to return to Dr. Dobratz. He did not look far enough up my nose to see other complications. After the second surgery my breathing returned to the quality it was before the original surgery. A student removed the stints in my nose because he was late from returning from lunch. I also left an anappointment after waiting for an hour, another lunch date. Hopefully he knows something about ears and throats, don't let him touch your nose.

July 31st, 2012
Scheduling a surgery is a nightmare
Stay away if you are trying to get a major surgery. They will call you a week before surgery trying to reschedule for next month. The office staff is rude. If you are paying so much money, might as well as get it done somewhere else where you will have a better experience.

October 19th, 2016