A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Eric Donnenfeld:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Eric Donnenfeld is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Eric Donnenfeld, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 25 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Cataract Surgery
- Conjunctival Diseases
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Opacity
- Corneal Transplantation
- Corneal Ulcer
- Dry Eye Syndromes
- Eye Injuries
- Eyelid Diseases
- Fungal eye infections
- Hereditary Corneal Dystrophies
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Laser Eye Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Donnenfeld graduated from Dartmouth College, Hanover. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Donnenfeld has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Winthrop University Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Donnenfeld accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 2 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 15 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Anthem - 10 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Eric D. Donnenfeld practice?
Dr. Eric Donnenfeld practices Ophthalmology near Rockville Centre, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Lynbrook, NY and Port Jefferson, NY.
See Rockville Centre Ophthalmologists.