Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine
OrthoTexas
2535 W Oak St
Denton, TX 76201
940-382-1577
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  very good Doctor  |  show details
by Jesus V. Villarreal on Jul 29th, 2014

did what he said he would do ,,,, fix me and had me walking the same day ,,,, with same pain ,,, but it work ( did my knees )

by Eddie Ary on May 25th, 2014

The dr. Did a great job. I was back to work in 11 days after rotator repair.

|  Broken leg  |  show details
by Charles Butler on May 21st, 2014

I tore my knee up and broke both bones under my knee. Doc got me working and roping again. Took the upmost concern with me when we met and treated me like an allstar. If i ever need help again and hope I dont, i will call Dr Eifler

by Awilda Delvalle on May 16th, 2014

I fractured my left femur and was taken to the hospital. Dr. Eifler performed the surgery. I met him before surgery and was very impressed and pleased with him. He was very nice and explained eveything in great detail, despite all of my questions. He had a great bedside manner and made me feel very comfortable and at ease before surgery. I also spoke to him after surgery and he was just as great. I was also very impressed with his physician's asistant. I was seen by Tyler at the hospital and he also had a great bedside manner; he was very easy to talk to and professional, in addition to being very knowledgeable. I have also been seen at the office by both Dr. Eifler and Tyler and had equally great experiences. The office staff were very also nice and professional. Check in was quick and there was hardly any wait, in both the waiting room and once I was taken to the back to be seen. I couldn't have asked for better care and service. Perfect...All the way around!!!

|  ACL MCL PCL Surgery  |  show details
by Jacob Markwardt on May 13th, 2014

Dr. Eifler is the best doctor I've been too. I came to his office he knew that I tore my ACL MCL and PCL, he scesuled me for and MRI. 2 weeks after seeing him the first time I had knee reconstructive surgery. I have no complaints with him. He got me in and out and back on the to my every day life. My knee is better than ever. I would recommend him to any one. 3 months out of surgery I was able to walk again and now being 6 months out I'm able to lift again. Eifler made my knee injury almost pain free. Amazing doctor.

by richard kaiser on May 13th, 2014

In the past four and a half years I have had three surgeries performed by Dr Eric Eifler. One was a total knee replacement, two were carpal tunnel. The results of all three have been excellent. I read a review by a disgruntled parent who thought that all the Ortho office wanted to do was get patients into surgery. I couldn't disagree more. For my knee, I initially went to a different office that took one look at me and wanted to schedule immediate surgery. Dr Eifler preferred to try other options before doing the invasive procedure. I would highly recommend Eric Eifler to anyone. His staff and team have always been courteous, helpful, and caring. In my opinion, he is an excellent surgeon and a fine person with a great sense of humor.

|  administrative asst. and patient  |  show details
by Shelley LeRoy on Apr 22nd, 2014

Dr. Eifler is fantastic. I have had problems with my left knee since Dec. 1,2013. My former ortho doctor just kept prescribing pain pills and did not try and find out what was causing the terrible pain. My daughter, who works as a nurse for a home health agency, recommended Dr. Eifler. Went to see him-he told me to get MRI, but even before those results were in , gave his opinion of what was wrong with me describing the pain. Had MRI done- went back and he had pin pointed the problem exactly. Six days ago, he operated on my minecus. I am improving every day. So glad I am going to be pain free. He is great and I will recommend him to anyone that needs to see an orthopedic doctor. Thank you Dr. Eifler

|  pilot  |  show details
by Dee Wakefield on Mar 6th, 2014

Dr. Eric Eifler is one of the greatest doctors I have ever known!! Dr. Eifler cared for my son when he broke his wrist, hand and foot. He was very patient when my 17yr.old son cut his own cast off of his wrist with a hack saw and made his own cast out of a split 2 by 4 and duct tape!!! Dr. Eifler has done both of my mothers hip replacements, which are perfect. He took care of my Dad when he broke his arm between his elbow and shoulder and could not be put into a cast. The most critical situation Dr. Eifler helped me with is when my Mom was in physical therapy rehab and my Dad had broken his wrist. I am a single Mom, I was taking care of both of my parents. My Dad was not doing well and neither was I. We were in Dr. Eiflers office for my Dads check up, Dr. Eifler could sense the situation both of us were in, he ask me when did I sleep, I told him I was not sleeping. I was crying and exhausted, he very gently took me by my hand and told me I have to put my Dad into a physical therapy rehab facility until both of us get back on our feet. If Dr. Eifler had not had the insight to query me about my health or my Dads, I am sure my Dad could have died and I would have to be checked into a hospital for physical and mental exhaustion. Bottom line; I trust Dr.Eifler with my life and families life!!! I will never forget his kindness, ever. And on a lighter note , he has a great sense of humor, he has to; to put up with me , my parents and my son ! Thank you,Dr.Eifler !! You are the best!! Sincerely, Dee Wakefield

by Lyn Davis on Feb 23rd, 2014

I can't say enough about Dr. Eifler. I went to him regarding pain in my knee, he tried several options before resorting to surgery. Once we determined that surgery was necessary, it was painless, extremely easy and with very quick recovery time. I would highly recommend Dr. Eifler to anyone.

|  Dr. Eifler is the best!!  |  show details
by Lindsye F on Feb 20th, 2014

I have had to get three knee surgeries in the past three years, and Eifler did all of them. He really cares about his patients, and knows what he's talking about. Both my twin and younger sister have gone to him for knee injuries. He operated on my twin two times for ACL reconstruction, and a meniscus tear. As you can tell my family doesn't have the best luck with our knees, but if there is ever anything wrong he is the one we go to. I recommend him to anyone who needs to see an orthopedic.

|  Incredibly Thankful  |  show details
by Petra D. on Feb 17th, 2014

Im incredibly thankful for the care and treatment I received from Dr. Eilfer,Tyler and his entire staff. I saw Dr. Eifler for a shoulder injury I had tried to put off for several months because I didn't want the down time of surgery and recovery. I got to where I didn't have an option, it had gotten to where I could no longer do activities with my children. So, I finally went in very apprehensive of of the entire process. After my first appt I felt so much better. Dr. Eifler and his team put a plan in place and everything that was discussed with me in that plan was seen through to the fullest extent. I had surgery to repair my labrum and couldn't be more pleased with my outcome. I have returned to all my activities, have no pain, and Dr.Eifler and his staff where accessible if I had any questions or concerns during my recovery. Dr. Eilfer always made me feel like I was the only patient there and I never felt rushed or "hurried" while at his office for my appointments. Im incredibly thankful to him and his entire staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Eifler to anyone who was in need of orthopedic care.

|  patient  |  show details
by Rusty Williams on Feb 12th, 2014

Great doctor with and excellent bedside manner...no fast talk and no BS!

|  Satified patient  |  show details
by Debbie Merritt on Feb 6th, 2014

I was fortunate to find Dr. Eric Eifler. I had been going to another ortho , being treated with right knee pain I had been experiencing for about 4 months, without success. I couldn't get anyone in this office to listen to me. It was if I was a "cookie cutter" patient. By that I mean: Age, 53, Occupation, Registered nurse/ 12 hour shifts on your feet, Weight, could stand to use a few pounds, and having knee pain. So therefore, you have arthritis. Just like everyone else in this age group, occupation and weight class. Finally, I did some digging of my own and found Dr. Eifler. I hand delivered my records and film to his office and waited patiently for the phone call for my first appointment. X-rays were taken and MRI ordered, (this is something new), and we were on our way. Diagnosis within a week, out patient surgical repair the following week, and now in Physical Therapy and feeling great. I went in for my 2 week check up today, and I had to tell Dr. Eifler how much it meant to me that he just listened to me. So many doctors just assume WE all have the same problem or injury, and treat us the same. I am so lucky to have such a caring individual take care of me. I recommend Dr. Eric Eifler to anyone looking for an orthopedic excepting exceptional care. You'll find it in his office.

by Brenda F. on Sep 16th, 2013

I have been going to Dr Eifler for many years and he has operated on me 4 different times over many years . He's so easy to talk to and he listens . I have always been treated with respect and compassion !! He will be my Dr in his field forever.

Apr 12th, 2013

Dr. Eifler has both arthroscopically cleaned out one of my knees and re-attached my arm to my shoulder when I fell and broke it off...separate incidents in 2006 and 2010. I have no trouble at all with either repair and use them both just like normal body parts. He is skilled, efficient, compassionate, a good listener, well-organized and I would trust him to perform any procedure in his field on my body.

|  Beware this place!  |  show details
by Rob C on Jan 21st, 2013

Daughter got hurt playing soccer, had toi wait over an hour and a half after scheduled appointment for Eifler to rush through an explanantion faster than McDonalds rushes a hamburger. After agreeing to surgery, got 3-4 calls, all wanting more money. Got suspicious, and went for 2nd opinion---no surgery needed! Just relax and wear a knee brace for 6 weeks. 8 weeks later, Liz is up and running around with no pain, swelling, or discomfort. I think this place is a production facility aimed at getting you to go under the knife at maximum benefit to the facility--not the patient. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Doctor's Response

We try to get people in the office the next day after an injury. We are better at treating sports injuries than the ER in most cases. As a result, they may have to wait to be worked in along with those patents who already have an appointment. Anyone who has been to our office will agree that we do not recommend surgery initially. With most injuries, It is always prudent to wait and give the body time to heal on its own with some help from therapy. We do not operate on acute injuries without an MRI to confirm our diagnosis. This patient was called to set up the MRI after we had to pre certify it with the insurance company. By law with a minor, my office has to call the patient until they schedule it. It is ridiculous but the law's intention is to protect the child from possible child abuse. I am not suggesting that this is the case here, but it is the reason we have to call parents to schedule tests and in this case the "3-4 " calls. We were telling the parent how much he was going to have pay for the MRI to the MRI facility, not to me. I am glad Liz returned to soccer and is doing great. It is wonderful news.

|  Great Job  |  show details
May 4th, 2012

My ACL was torn and Dr. Eifler fixed it. Now I can do things like play soccer and work out again without my knee going out on me. Thanks!!! Aubrey TX

|  Theresa Blaylock, knee surgery in August 2011  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2011

My knee will not heal, worse every day, may loose my leg, or my life.. Eifler has been contacted by me, & Director of Nurses. He will not return calls....WILL NOT LET ME COME IN THE OFFICE.... Home Health sent him a picture of the knee in October...Pray he doesn't have this problem, or someone he loves have this problem. Don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor's Response

I called the patient and the nursing staff multiple times to arrange to get this patient seen urgently. She lived 2 hours away and I had the staff take pictures multiple times to evaluate her situation since she did not want to travel the 2 hours. I directed her admission to the hospital thru the nursing home and arranged several evaluations by other specialists to evaluate her problem. I contacted another specialist and arranged a second opinion for her. She has a complex problem with a disease that limits her ability to heal and that several other physicians agreed with the plan. Our staff documented all of the phone calls to support that we do return phone calls. We are sorry she is unhappy but all the second opinions agreed with our plan.

Jun 7th, 2011

I would also like to recommend Dr. Eifler to anyone considering an orthopedic surgeon. I just had my 3 month check up from having a total hip replacement. I could not ask for anymore happiness with my surgery and results than what I have. After being told by two other surgeons that I was crazy -- that nothing was wrong with my leg -- I found Dr. Eifler who diagnosed that I had suffered from a congenital dislocated hip since birth. Dr. Eifler worked with me on pain management therapy options for just over a year with surgery as my last resort with me being only 40 years old. Dr. Eifler has always taken his time with me and my family - explaining about the injury, how involved the surgery would be and that there is of course the possibility that in another 15-25 years I will need another replacement depending on the wear and tear on the implant. Dr. Eifler is an absolute blessing. He has given me a completely new lease on life. I NEVER knew before now how good it could feel to walk without any pain.

|  complete hip replacement  |  show details
May 12th, 2011

I would like to recommend Dr. Eifler to anyone considering an ortopedic surgeon. I just had my 6 mo. check-up from having a complete hip replacement. I am very happy with my results and the surgery. My background story is that in Dec. 2006, I had an accident while helping repair our pasture fence which resulted in my breaking my right femur. This was repaired by another surgeon, in another town. A metal strip and some pins held my femur together. Something with my healing did not go quite right. For 4 1/2 years, I was in pain. Eventually, I lost some inches in that leg. I had sever pain and a sever limp. I searched for a new surgeon and I am completely, emphatically and forever happy that I found Dr. Eifler. My right hip ball died. The hardware that was supposed to have repaired my right femur had to be removed. My new complete hip replacement has an extended rod to compensate for that part of my femur in order to make my leg the same lenght as my other one. I am a 67 year old female, wo loves outdoor activities and physical fitness. With such a successful operation, I now have no pain and no limp. I can once again do everything in my life that I did 4 1/2 years ago, before my accident. Beginning with the first office visit, the operation, recovery and physical therapy, Dr Eifleer, his assistant and staff exhibited highly caring professionalism. I am sorry that I had to have a complete hip replacement, but happy that I found Dr. Eifler. I feel terrific about life again Sherrill, Nocona, TX.

Feb 13th, 2011

Knee is feeling great, thanks Dr.E!

Jan 4th, 2009

Dr. Eifler is a very conscientious doctor and meticulous surgeon. He has treated several family members and is an excellent orthopedic surgeon.