Dr. Eric Eifler, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Not a happy camper show details Not a happy camper
Jun 5th, 2015

I was there thinking I was going to see the doctor but saw the nurse instead. When I asked if the doctor was available I was given the run around.

Smart, detailed and caring! show details Smart, detailed and caring!
by Debbie on Apr 29th, 2015

I saw Dr. Eifler for a torn meniscus. He did an excellent job of explaining the details of the tear and how he would perform the surgery. He called me at home the night of surgery to see how I was feeling. I appreciated the phone call and I've never had a doctor call me at home like that...he really cares about his patients! His bedside manner during my follow-up is always very good but more importantly, he really knows his stuff.

Mincus show details Mincus
Dec 23rd, 2014

Dr. Eifler was accurate in Diagnosis and was responsive with questions I had with post op.

Dr Eifler show details Dr Eifler
by Laura on Dec 17th, 2014

I am so thankful for Dr Eifler and his patients when I was hurting so bad with my RCT. He did not decide to jump onto surgery. His knowledge of physical therapy was the first time I have been told this might help me live with my 15 yr old RCT. Compassion is a plus for him. He is a wonderful addition to this orthopedic specialists. Great doctor!!

Excellent Results show details Excellent Results
Sep 14th, 2014

Dr. Eifler did a great job of treating my knee. He was very thorough in his diagnosis of my issue as well as what to expect during and after my procedure. His proactive approach to rehab has allowed me to recover quickly and return to my normal activity level. His compassion for his patients helped ease my anxiety of having surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Eifler to anyone. Great doctor, great experience, great results!

very good Doctor show details very good Doctor
by Jesus V. Villarreal on Jul 29th, 2014

did what he said he would do ,,,, fix me and had me walking the same day ,,,, with same pain ,,, but it work ( did my knees )

by Eddie Ary on May 25th, 2014

The dr. Did a great job. I was back to work in 11 days after rotator repair.

Broken leg show details Broken leg
by Charles Butler on May 21st, 2014

I tore my knee up and broke both bones under my knee. Doc got me working and roping again. Took the upmost concern with me when we met and treated me like an allstar. If i ever need help again and hope I dont, i will call Dr Eifler

by Awilda Delvalle on May 16th, 2014

I fractured my left femur and was taken to the hospital. Dr. Eifler performed the surgery. I met him before surgery and was very impressed and pleased with him. He was very nice and explained eveything in great detail, despite all of my questions. He had a great bedside manner and made me feel very comfortable and at ease before surgery. I also spoke to him after surgery and he was just as great. I was also very impressed with his physician's asistant. I was seen by Tyler at the hospital and he also had a great bedside manner; he was very easy to talk to and professional, in addition to being very knowledgeable. I have also been seen at the office by both Dr. Eifler and Tyler and had equally great experiences. The office staff were very also nice and professional. Check in was quick and there was hardly any wait, in both the waiting room and once I was taken to the back to be seen. I couldn't have asked for better care and service. Perfect...All the way around!!!

ACL MCL PCL Surgery show details ACL MCL PCL Surgery
by Jacob Markwardt on May 13th, 2014

Dr. Eifler is the best doctor I've been too. I came to his office he knew that I tore my ACL MCL and PCL, he scesuled me for and MRI. 2 weeks after seeing him the first time I had knee reconstructive surgery. I have no complaints with him. He got me in and out and back on the to my every day life. My knee is better than ever. I would recommend him to any one. 3 months out of surgery I was able to walk again and now being 6 months out I'm able to lift again. Eifler made my knee injury almost pain free. Amazing doctor.

by richard kaiser on May 13th, 2014

In the past four and a half years I have had three surgeries performed by Dr Eric Eifler. One was a total knee replacement, two were carpal tunnel. The results of all three have been excellent. I read a review by a disgruntled parent who thought that all the Ortho office wanted to do was get patients into surgery. I couldn't disagree more. For my knee, I initially went to a different office that took one look at me and wanted to schedule immediate surgery. Dr Eifler preferred to try other options before doing the invasive procedure. I would highly recommend Eric Eifler to anyone. His staff and team have always been courteous, helpful, and caring. In my opinion, he is an excellent surgeon and a fine person with a great sense of humor.

administrative asst. and patient show details administrative asst. and patient
by Shelley LeRoy on Apr 22nd, 2014

Dr. Eifler is fantastic. I have had problems with my left knee since Dec. 1,2013. My former ortho doctor just kept prescribing pain pills and did not try and find out what was causing the terrible pain. My daughter, who works as a nurse for a home health agency, recommended Dr. Eifler. Went to see him-he told me to get MRI, but even before those results were in , gave his opinion of what was wrong with me describing the pain. Had MRI done- went back and he had pin pointed the problem exactly. Six days ago, he operated on my minecus. I am improving every day. So glad I am going to be pain free. He is great and I will recommend him to anyone that needs to see an orthopedic doctor. Thank you Dr. Eifler

pilot show details pilot
by Dee Wakefield on Mar 6th, 2014

Dr. Eric Eifler is one of the greatest doctors I have ever known!! Dr. Eifler cared for my son when he broke his wrist, hand and foot. He was very patient when my 17yr.old son cut his own cast off of his wrist with a hack saw and made his own cast out of a split 2 by 4 and duct tape!!! Dr. Eifler has done both of my mothers hip replacements, which are perfect. He took care of my Dad when he broke his arm between his elbow and shoulder and could not be put into a cast. The most critical situation Dr. Eifler helped me with is when my Mom was in physical therapy rehab and my Dad had broken his wrist. I am a single Mom, I was taking care of both of my parents. My Dad was not doing well and neither was I. We were in Dr. Eiflers office for my Dads check up, Dr. Eifler could sense the situation both of us were in, he ask me when did I sleep, I told him I was not sleeping. I was crying and exhausted, he very gently took me by my hand and told me I have to put my Dad into a physical therapy rehab facility until both of us get back on our feet. If Dr. Eifler had not had the insight to query me about my health or my Dads, I am sure my Dad could have died and I would have to be checked into a hospital for physical and mental exhaustion. Bottom line; I trust Dr.Eifler with my life and families life!!! I will never forget his kindness, ever. And on a lighter note , he has a great sense of humor, he has to; to put up with me , my parents and my son ! Thank you,Dr.Eifler !! You are the best!! Sincerely, Dee Wakefield

by Lyn Davis on Feb 23rd, 2014

I can't say enough about Dr. Eifler. I went to him regarding pain in my knee, he tried several options before resorting to surgery. Once we determined that surgery was necessary, it was painless, extremely easy and with very quick recovery time. I would highly recommend Dr. Eifler to anyone.

Dr. Eifler is the best!! show details Dr. Eifler is the best!!
by Lindsye F on Feb 20th, 2014

I have had to get three knee surgeries in the past three years, and Eifler did all of them. He really cares about his patients, and knows what he's talking about. Both my twin and younger sister have gone to him for knee injuries. He operated on my twin two times for ACL reconstruction, and a meniscus tear. As you can tell my family doesn't have the best luck with our knees, but if there is ever anything wrong he is the one we go to. I recommend him to anyone who needs to see an orthopedic.

Incredibly Thankful show details Incredibly Thankful
by Petra D. on Feb 17th, 2014

Im incredibly thankful for the care and treatment I received from Dr. Eilfer,Tyler and his entire staff. I saw Dr. Eifler for a shoulder injury I had tried to put off for several months because I didn't want the down time of surgery and recovery. I got to where I didn't have an option, it had gotten to where I could no longer do activities with my children. So, I finally went in very apprehensive of of the entire process. After my first appt I felt so much better. Dr. Eifler and his team put a plan in place and everything that was discussed with me in that plan was seen through to the fullest extent. I had surgery to repair my labrum and couldn't be more pleased with my outcome. I have returned to all my activities, have no pain, and Dr.Eifler and his staff where accessible if I had any questions or concerns during my recovery. Dr. Eilfer always made me feel like I was the only patient there and I never felt rushed or "hurried" while at his office for my appointments. Im incredibly thankful to him and his entire staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Eifler to anyone who was in need of orthopedic care.

patient show details patient
by Rusty Williams on Feb 12th, 2014

Great doctor with and excellent bedside manner...no fast talk and no BS!

Satified patient show details Satified patient
by Debbie Merritt on Feb 6th, 2014

I was fortunate to find Dr. Eric Eifler. I had been going to another ortho , being treated with right knee pain I had been experiencing for about 4 months, without success. I couldn't get anyone in this office to listen to me. It was if I was a "cookie cutter" patient. By that I mean: Age, 53, Occupation, Registered nurse/ 12 hour shifts on your feet, Weight, could stand to use a few pounds, and having knee pain. So therefore, you have arthritis. Just like everyone else in this age group, occupation and weight class. Finally, I did some digging of my own and found Dr. Eifler. I hand delivered my records and film to his office and waited patiently for the phone call for my first appointment. X-rays were taken and MRI ordered, (this is something new), and we were on our way. Diagnosis within a week, out patient surgical repair the following week, and now in Physical Therapy and feeling great. I went in for my 2 week check up today, and I had to tell Dr. Eifler how much it meant to me that he just listened to me. So many doctors just assume WE all have the same problem or injury, and treat us the same. I am so lucky to have such a caring individual take care of me. I recommend Dr. Eric Eifler to anyone looking for an orthopedic excepting exceptional care. You'll find it in his office.

by Brenda F. on Sep 16th, 2013

I have been going to Dr Eifler for many years and he has operated on me 4 different times over many years . He's so easy to talk to and he listens . I have always been treated with respect and compassion !! He will be my Dr in his field forever.

Apr 12th, 2013

Dr. Eifler has both arthroscopically cleaned out one of my knees and re-attached my arm to my shoulder when I fell and broke it off...separate incidents in 2006 and 2010. I have no trouble at all with either repair and use them both just like normal body parts. He is skilled, efficient, compassionate, a good listener, well-organized and I would trust him to perform any procedure in his field on my body.

Great Job show details Great Job
May 4th, 2012

My ACL was torn and Dr. Eifler fixed it. Now I can do things like play soccer and work out again without my knee going out on me. Thanks!!! Aubrey TX

Jun 7th, 2011

I would also like to recommend Dr. Eifler to anyone considering an orthopedic surgeon. I just had my 3 month check up from having a total hip replacement. I could not ask for anymore happiness with my surgery and results than what I have. After being told by two other surgeons that I was crazy -- that nothing was wrong with my leg -- I found Dr. Eifler who diagnosed that I had suffered from a congenital dislocated hip since birth. Dr. Eifler worked with me on pain management therapy options for just over a year with surgery as my last resort with me being only 40 years old. Dr. Eifler has always taken his time with me and my family - explaining about the injury, how involved the surgery would be and that there is of course the possibility that in another 15-25 years I will need another replacement depending on the wear and tear on the implant. Dr. Eifler is an absolute blessing. He has given me a completely new lease on life. I NEVER knew before now how good it could feel to walk without any pain.

complete hip replacement show details complete hip replacement
May 12th, 2011

I would like to recommend Dr. Eifler to anyone considering an ortopedic surgeon. I just had my 6 mo. check-up from having a complete hip replacement. I am very happy with my results and the surgery. My background story is that in Dec. 2006, I had an accident while helping repair our pasture fence which resulted in my breaking my right femur. This was repaired by another surgeon, in another town. A metal strip and some pins held my femur together. Something with my healing did not go quite right. For 4 1/2 years, I was in pain. Eventually, I lost some inches in that leg. I had sever pain and a sever limp. I searched for a new surgeon and I am completely, emphatically and forever happy that I found Dr. Eifler. My right hip ball died. The hardware that was supposed to have repaired my right femur had to be removed. My new complete hip replacement has an extended rod to compensate for that part of my femur in order to make my leg the same lenght as my other one. I am a 67 year old female, wo loves outdoor activities and physical fitness. With such a successful operation, I now have no pain and no limp. I can once again do everything in my life that I did 4 1/2 years ago, before my accident. Beginning with the first office visit, the operation, recovery and physical therapy, Dr Eifleer, his assistant and staff exhibited highly caring professionalism. I am sorry that I had to have a complete hip replacement, but happy that I found Dr. Eifler. I feel terrific about life again Sherrill, Nocona, TX.

Feb 13th, 2011

Knee is feeling great, thanks Dr.E!

Jan 4th, 2009

Dr. Eifler is a very conscientious doctor and meticulous surgeon. He has treated several family members and is an excellent orthopedic surgeon.