Dr. Eric Elwood MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Peoria, IL

• Good
  • Bad

July 7th, 2017
I have had a wonderful conversation with Dr. Elwood recently and felt very reassured of a procedure that I will have done in the near future. I have heard nothing but good things from friends that have also seen him. I can't wait until procedure time and know he will do the best job around. I do believe I have chosen the best of the best.

August 28th, 2016
Would not recommend him to anyone. Arrogant, condescending, and rude. Rushes patients in and out and does not like to answer questions. After seeking other opinions, found out he is not up to date on the latest treatment for certain conditions such as mine. Staff was friendly and organized but he was not.

April 30th, 2016
Rude
Extremely rude and absolutely no bed-side manner. Maybe it was because I was not coming in for an expensive surgery. Made it clear he had no interest in my case even though his office schedule me with him. Does not make eye contact or answer questions.

November 13th, 2015
Reassuring & Precise surgeon
Dr. Elwood is an excellent surgeon. He was very calming prior to & during the procedure . The anesthetic was a local & nearly pain free. He asked several times if I had any questions about the surgery & recovery. My surgery was removal of a squamous carcinoma on my shin.

March 25th, 2015
I have to say the same thing about the POOR work he did on my NOW pathetic looking breasts years after the surgery. Very rude and uncaring about the errors he made on my breast. I went from double D's to a very small A on one and an A+ kind of B cup. WAY TOO small and he left me saggy and also had fatty tissue where I never had it before. The only term I can come with is FRANKTITS! I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HIM FOR SURGERY ON THE BREASTS. It is obviously NOT his expertise and now it left me scarred emotionally and physically. My breasts were large but uniform before. My friends that had surgery from other surgeons are appalled at my results and theirs are a work of art. SIGH......

May 16th, 2013
Very skilled and compassionate .

April 16th, 2013
No scars!
I think Dr. Elwood is fantastic, both with his Art, and his bedside manner. Several years ago, I had 6 areas of cancerous moles removed. 3 days later I had been scheduled to have my Thyroid removed ( another Dr.), he came to Proctor Hospital to remove my stitches knowing I would not be able to come back to his office for awhile. He did this at the end of his already long day at work. I have no scars and I'm grateful, 3 were on my face. He has also removed a mole from my son's neck, and again no scar! As for me and my family, it is only Dr. Elwood!

March 9th, 2013
Amazing
Dr. Elwood is an amazing doctor. I had a cosmetic surgery and I am extremely happy with my results. My scar is not visible and I had no pain. My husband was very apprehensive about my elective surgery and he is very pleased with my results. I am 2 weeks post op and I feel great! I credit that to having a great surgeon. I honestly do not think I would be as happy or satisfied if I had gone to some one else. Very nice, friendly, and professional. He knows what he is doing. The staff is very kind and courteous. They go above and beyond. I would recommend. I am glad I chose Dr. Elwood.

January 26th, 2013
great doctor!!
friendly, caring, smart! what else do you want?

August 12th, 2012
Wow no scars on my face!
I've had two skin cancers on my face removed by Dr Elwood and one from another plastic surgeon at Soderstrom Dermatology. I cannot even see a scar where Dr Elwood operated on me! I wish I would have know about him before going to the other doctor. Dr Elwood is the best!

March 30th, 2012
excellent!!
very caring, excellent staff. felt very comfortable.

June 7th, 2010
excellent doctor
Very warm and caring. Spent plenty of time. Very happy with my surgery result (cosmetic). Highly recommend to anyone!