Overall Review

3.8

April 13th, 2016
CEO, Acclaim /usa
Dr. Emmanuel is an awesome physician, his experience, expertise and bedside mannerism is exactly what I believe most people seek in medical professionals. I've only visited Dr. Emanuel twice thus far, but I'm hoping for a long term relationship. However, unlike his office administrative staff, he is patient and has excellent listening skills. I can appreciate how busy business executives are being one myself, so I truly appreciate those who are patient. I made my second appointment in his Greenbelt office because I was not comfortable with the professional etiquette of the front desk staff at his DC office. I did not share this with Dr. Emanuel because it was a small Idiosyncrasy and I have a high expectation of professionalism. When I called the Greenbelt office to schedule my next appointment it didn't go any better, the person interrupted my every sentence. Finally, when I brought to her attention that I should be afforded the same right I afforded her to complete my sentence she put me on hold without notice. I disconnected and called the DC office. This person was very pleasant and listened intently. She assured me the entire medical staff from top to bottom was extremely professional with patient care the highest priority. I concurred 90% with one exception, but told her I didn't want to go back and forth, just wanted to get my next appointment scheduled (which was done). When scheduling was completed she hung-up without salutation. Now, if those two individuals had to defend themselves my bet would be they'd plead innocent to having slighted me or anyone. So, here's my conclusion, be considerate of how you treat everyone, no matter what. A good rule is to treat people the way you want people to treat you. If you're busy or having a bad day, apologize in advance, you may be surprised at the consideration you will be given.

August 27th, 2010
Awesome
I went to see Dr. Emanuel when I was facing the possibility of testicular cancer. He did a great job of talking to me in a way that made me feel that he was truly empathetic and he explained things in layman's terms. Not only that, but he was very encouraging and really sought to put me at ease through the whole process.When he told me I had testicular cancer, he was able to explain the type I had and the potential treatments in such a way that it really made me much less scared and potentially hopeful about the treatments. The thing I'll never forget is the fact that after I had lab work done on a Thursday, he called me on Friday even though I was due to get my lab results on Monday. The reason: To tell me they all came back normal. He wanted me to not have to worry about it over the weekend when there was nothing to worry about.He also told me in that same phone conversation that he would take very good care of me no matter what, even though the insurance I had at the time was problematic sometimes with processing payments.