Psychiatrist

621 North Avenue, NE
Building E
Atlanta, GA 30308
(770) 507-0005
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Wonderful and Holistic Healer  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2012

Dr. Fier is unlike most of the psychiatrists out there. He is truly invested in understanding me as a WHOLE person, not just in fixing my symptoms. He doesn't run to medicate me every time I'm hitting a rough spot. He always presents me with a wide range of options, which often include non-medication choices. He knows a lot about herbal and naturopathic treatments, and seems extremely comfortable with Complementary Medicine approaches. He has made a huge difference in my life. I thank God, every day, for sending me someone who invests the time and energy into understanding me as more than just a diagnosis.

|  Editorial review from Citysearch  |  show details
    by taralynb at Citysearch on Sep 6th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Fier is the warmest, most approachable doctor I have ever met. He doesn`t act like he knows everything. He is kind, humble, and absolutely brilliant. He understands me in ways that allow me to see things completely differently. He always makes me laugh, even when I`m feeling my worst. He knows just how to use humor he used to be a stand-up comedian and knows just when to be quite serious. He has taught me more about life and suffering and meaning than anyone I have every met in Church or in the mental health field. His wisdom is truly awesome. I am very blessed to have Fier in my life.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
     |  The most wonderful doctor for any child  |  show details
    Mar 6th, 2012

Dr. Fier has made our lives better by tending to our son with special needs. He is the most caring, loving, and personal doctor I've ever met and we have been through a lot. I recommend Dr. Eric Fier to anyone looking for a psychiatrist that will treat you with the ut-most respect and care.

Jan 19th, 2012

Dr. Fier is the most caring and compassionate psychiatrist out there.

|  The Best in the ATL  |  show details
    Nov 13th, 2011

Dr. Fier literally gives his life to his patients. You feel how much he cares in everything he says and does. There is nothing I can't ask him and nothing I can't say. He understands me and accepts me and makes me feel like I am the single most important patient he treats. He has made a huge difference in my life and makes me want to help others like he has helped me. He always knows how to make me laugh, even when I feel like crap. I can't thank him enough for being just the kind of doctor he is.

|  Caring, thoughtful, compassionate, and wise  |  show details
    by panda1945 at Citysearch on May 26th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have unfortunately seen a number of psychiatrists over the years. Some have been helpful others less so. But Dr. Fier has been the first and sadly ONLY doctor to show a true and genuine interest and passion about what I am feeling and experiencing inside. He was not loading me up on meds after 10 minutes of impersonal conversation. He made an incredibly diligent effort to take the time to really understand who I was and where I was coming from. He thought about my symptoms both medically and even symbolically -- helping me understand myself 1000x better than anyone has ever done before. He loves what he does and that comes across in every interaction. He spends more time with me than any doctor ever has, and seems to genuinely feel my pain with me. I see him as a trusted mentor, guide, and friend. He inspires me to be all he knows I am capable of being. I can`t thank him enough for accepting me as his patient and allowing me the chance to begin to truly heal.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
     |  knows exactly what to do  |  show details
    Sep 10th, 2010

I have hade many difficult situations in my life and he helps me through all of them. He is a lmost like a psychologist and psychiatrist combined. He knows what he is doing and can sense how a person is feeling and always asks the right questions. Have reccommended him many times.

|  Quatro-mom  |  show details
    by quatro-mom on Mar 3rd, 2010

A really amazing doctor -- one of the few ive seen that is truly compassionate, caring, spiritual. didnt just run to medicate me -- thought really carefully about where i was coming from and what i was dealing with and made sure not to miss a single detail. answered all my questions -- even my emails. i felt like i had my own personal physician just for me. treated me like i was his most important patient. couldn't have made this journey w/o him.

by Neuroguym3 on Oct 20th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Fier could quite possibly be the Best Psychiatrist in Atlanta. He is attentive and meticulous. His knowledge of pharmacology is extremely impressive. He can water down the most intricate details of a meds uses so that even a two year old can u

|  Perfectionist M.D.  |  show details
    by Neuroguym3 at Citysearch on Oct 20th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Fier could quite possibly be the Best Psychiatrist in Atlanta.He is attentive and meticulous. His knowledge of pharmacology is extremely impressive. He can water down the most intricate details of a meds uses so that even a two year old can understand. That`s a rare jewel in this designer label physician era. Some physicians today merely wear a finely crafted garment, rely upon the pharmaceutical reps knowledge and courtesies, and seduce patients with their charm and RX pad. His new office, located in Inman Park, has a really cultured feel and is in a choice locale. The Interior design treatment is walking on a dream. Latisha, the boss ladyoffice manager, is equally wonderful as well.Above all else, Dr. Fier`s compassion and empathic chair side manner are extraordinary. He genuinely accepts his patients as human beings, not just clients or customers.

by CSMobileUser2 on Jul 27th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Fier gave me my life back. I am a 34 year old female who suffered with debilatating PMS since the age of 13. At the age of 19, I began seeking treatment to no avail. I have tried so many meds, many narcotics, and nothing helped. Dr. Fier's initial tre

|  A mircle worker...  |  show details
    by CSMobileUser2 at Citysearch on Jul 27th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Fier gave me my life back. I am a 34 year old female who suffered with debilatating PMS since the age of 13. At the age of 19, I began seeking treatment to no avail. I have tried so many meds, many narcotics, and nothing helped. Dr. Fier`s initial treatment plan worked beautifully and I now have my life back and only have to take meds a few days a month and no narcotics. Dr. Fier has been a blessing to my family and myself...I will be eternally greatful for this kind doctor for his wisdom and knowledge.

|  Awesome  |  show details
    by jmark2 at Citysearch on Jul 20th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Fier is always responsive to me. He`s a great listener, but he doesn`t just say \"\"and how does that make you feel\"\" He provides real solutions and strategies. He doesn`t rely on another therapist to do the hard part and then just write the prescription in a 5-min. session. He may be running behind on a particular day, but you always know that you will get your full time and more. When you are Dr. Fier`s patient, you always come first.

by jmark2 on Jul 20th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Fier is always responsive to me. He's a great listener, but he doesn't just say "and how does that make you feel?" He provides real solutions and strategies. He doesn't rely on another therapist to do the hard part and then just write the prescript

by grateful2behere on Jul 16th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Fier literally saved our family. He listens very carefully and takes copious notes, which he really doesn't need b/c his memory is so amazing. He is willing to consider any possibilities and is always aware of the latest research. This man is our f

|  Wonderful doctor  |  show details
    by grateful2behere at Citysearch on Jul 16th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Fier literally saved our family. He listens very carefully and takes copious notes, which he really doesn`t need bc his memory is so amazing. He is willing to consider any possibilities and is always aware of the latest research. This man is our friend as well as our doctor.

|  ComedianPsychiatrist  |  show details
    by DaliaE at Citysearch on Jun 4th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I first met Fier when I saw him perform at The Punchline Comedy Club. I knew, once I heard he was a psychiatrist, that I just found my new doctor. It`s pretty rare to have a psych that also does stand-up on the side. To me, there`s nothing more important than having a shrink that can always make me laugh - even when I feel my worst. I love seeing him on stage -- he`s really smart and funny -- and the crowd always loves him. He makes a joke that goes something like \"\"Having a psychiatrist is like paying to have a really good friend...with really good druggs.\"\" Even without the druggs, I would so want to have him as my friend. He`s the best doctor I`ve ever had. Period.

by DaliaE on Jun 4th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I first met Fier when I saw him perform at The Punchline Comedy Club. I knew, once I heard he was a psychiatrist, that I just found my new doctor. It's pretty rare to have a psych that also does stand-up on the side. To me, there's nothing more important

by DavidDX on Nov 26th, 2008 on citysearch.com

i heard dr fier speak at a seminar about bipolar disorder and i immediately knew he was the doc i needed to see. he's funny, down to earth, and super smart, and he made me feel comfortable the second i met him. he's for sure the best doctor i've ever seen

|  Don`t see anybody else!  |  show details
    by DavidDX at Citysearch on Nov 26th, 2008 on citysearch.com

i heard dr fier speak at a seminar about bipolar disorder and i immediately knew he was the doc i needed to see. he`s funny, down to earth, and super smart, and he made me feel comfortable the second i met him. he`s for sure the best doctor i`ve ever seen. he doesnt just dish out meds like pez. he really focusses on building a relationship with you and helping you think thru what youre experiencing and why. he`s taught me a ton about myself and my illness. i wouldn`t see anybody else!

|  Amazing doctor  |  show details
    by LoriN on Aug 27th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Fier is the most kind, generous, and thoughtful doctor that I've ever known. We could not ask for a better person to work with our son. He is so knowledgeable and intuitive. We are truly blessed to find a doctor that is able to build such a strong bond with a child.

|  A Doctor's Doctor  |  show details
    by DSiegel on Jun 15th, 2008 on kudzu.com

As a physician, I am very selective about who will treat my family members. When my wife was struggling with unremitting depression, I carefully researched the Atlanta area psychiatrists. Dr. Fier was the name I CONSISTENTLY received from other physicians as the first (and sometimes only) person I should call. My wife and I have been extremely pleased with his level of compassion, thoughtfulness, intellect, and humor. He has quite literally saved our family. I am deeply indebted to him for all he has done to help us.

|  The only ""normal"" psychiatrist I know  |  show details
    by SMercer1 at Citysearch on Jun 15th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Psychiatrists tend to be a rather strange bunch, usually with mental health issues of their own that seem to surpass anything you got goin on. When I finally found Dr. Fier, I was way relieved to finally meet a psych that truly seems grounded, solid, stable, and, well...normal!

by SMercer1 on Jun 15th, 2008 on citysearch.com

|  A Really Amazing Psychiatrist  |  show details
    by Joshsmom on Apr 12th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I brought my kids to Dr. Fier after hearing great things about him everywhere I turned. He has been the most involved and caring doctor I have ever worked with, and my kids absolutely adore him. He is funny, smart, and very good looking (not that that matters), and has helped our family in many, many ways. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a doctor that will NOT just dope up your kids, but will listen, play, guide, and support. He has helped my children rebuild their self-esteem and be proud of themselves, even with their learning differences.

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
    by Joshsmom at Citysearch on Apr 12th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I brought my kids to Dr. Fier after hearing great things about him everywhere I turned. He has been the most involved and caring doctor I have ever worked with, and my kids absolutely adore him. He is funny, smart, and very good looking not that that matters, and has helped our family in many, many ways. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a doctor that will NOT just dope up your kids, but will listen, play, guide, and support. He has helped my children rebuild their self-esteem and be proud of themselves, even with their learning differences.

by Joshsmom on Apr 12th, 2008 on citysearch.com

|  Insightful and Compassionate  |  show details
    by GM234 at Citysearch on Jan 29th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Fier is the most insightful and compassionate doctor I have ever seen. He spends a great deal of time trying to understand who I am, rather than just sticking me with a label and a pill. He is a deeply spiritual guy with a very cool perspective on the meaning of suffering and the importance of coming to understand one`s purpose. He doesn`t do any of the psychobabble stuff he`s just straight uplays it out there and lets you process it. He`ll call you out if you`re not being real. I really value that no-nonsense approach. He doesn`t do insurance anymore, so it can get a bit expensive after a while on the other hand, he often spends over an hour with me and has never charged me for a phone call, even when I know he should have. I feel like he is incredibly sincere, down-to-earth, and deeply invested in his patients.

by GM234 on Jan 29th, 2008 on citysearch.com

|  The Coolest Shrink  |  show details
    by debfrankl at Citysearch on Mar 12th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Fier epitomizes cool. He`s been my doc for about 2 years, and I can honestly say that I have never met a doctor more attentive, invested, and empathic than Dr. Fier. He somehow manages to weave humor into almost everything, in the coolest, most off-handed ways he has truly taught me how to laugh again it`s been a long time! Fier always just gets it. No matter how complicated and difficult something seems, he`s able to conceptualize it and break it down in a way that makes it seem so much more manageable. I have no clue how he does it, but he`s got this killer style that just puts you immediately at ease. He`s so cool and down to earth, you can talk to him about anything. He just gets it -- and you can tell that it really matters to him that he does. He`s a kickass psychotherapist, not just a pill pusher -- I love that he doesn`t just rely on meds to fix everything.

by debfrankl on Mar 12th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Fier epitomizes cool. He's been my doc for about 2 years, and I can honestly say that I have never met a doctor more attentive, invested, and empathic than Dr. Fier. He somehow manages to weave humor into almost everything, in the coolest, most off-handed

|  Truly a Phenomenal Psychiatrist  |  show details
    by ekogan at Citysearch on Jul 27th, 2006 on citysearch.com

Dr. Eric Fier has been my children`s psychiatrist for over 4 years. You will be hard pressed to find another doctor more compassionate, invested, and sincere than Dr. Fier. He truly loves the kids and adults he cares for. He puts his heart into everything he does, spending a HUGE amount of time with kids and families, explaining the most difficult concepts in increadibly clear and easy-to-understand ways. He is extremely well-versed in the latest, most up-to-date trends in the field. He is a therapist and a pharmacologist. I love that he does BOTH! He has a wonderful sense of humor and the kids adore him. He has made a remarkable difference in our lives.

by ekogan on Jul 27th, 2006 on citysearch.com

Dr. Eric Fier has been my children's psychiatrist for over 4 years. You will be hard pressed to find another doctor more compassionate, invested, and sincere than Dr. Fier. He truly loves the kids and adults he cares for. He puts his heart into everything