Dr. Eric Finzi MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Chevy Chase, MD

November 16th, 2016
Gwen, the receptionist, is extremely rude. I scheduled an appointment and waited for 1 hour and 30 minutes only to be told that the doctor wouldn't be able to see me. She did not speak with any of the medical providers, rather she stood at the back (thinking she was out of view and earshot of patients) gossiping with other staff members. I do not recommend anyone schedule appointments with this office.

October 8th, 2015
Horrible Liposuction experience
In order to create a more sculpted look, I contracted with Dr Eric Finzi and staff to performed liposuction on my upper arms. Outpatient surgery was performed and I was sent home on that same day. For the first 2 weeks, I was in severe pain. Both of my upper arms burned and stung. I couldn't put on anything with sleeves. I couldn't sleep with the sheets above my waist because the friction burned my arms. When I called Finzi's office to ask for some kind of relief, I was told that I was healing correctly and that the pain should subside within a few days. I waited and called again 2 weeks later. Again, I was told to be patient. I asked if I could come back in for evaluation and was told that it was too soon and that I needed to remain patient. I waited an additional 2 weeks before I called again and left a message as I was told that the nurse was unavailable and would call me back. She never called. I called back a couple of days later and left another message. No calls. Over the next few weeks I continued to call until I was finally given an appointment to see Finzi in his Chevy Chase location. I was so excited hoping he would tell me SOMETHING, ANYTHING to relieve the pain. Thank God it was summer by this time and I didn't have to worry about wearing clothing with sleeves. I waited in a room that wasn't an examination room for Dr. Finzi. He finally walked in with 2 other people (nurses, witnesses ? he didn't introduce them) approximately 20 minutes later, looked at my arms and said I was healing and walked out. I walked out in tears. I feel like a wimp now because at the time I just felt defeated. I didn't know what to do. I eventually went to my primary doctor and told her the story. She said she didn't like to go behind another doctors work, but gave me a prescription for 5 tablets of Lyrica. She said it might help because it sounded as if I had nerve damage. I took the Lyrica for 3 days. At the end of 3 days I began to get the first relief I had in 4 months. Eventually the pain subsided. It took more than a year before I didn't feel periodic twinges. Sometime it felt as if a trickle of water would run down the back of my arm. Even that feeling eventually subsided. Bottom line - I recognize that the surgery was a true ordeal for me. But, what I recognize even more is what a nightmare the customer service and treatment I received from Eric Finzi and staff. I would never recommend anyone consider using his service for more than removing a pimple.

April 10th, 2012
They do not like to answer the phone, it has taken me over 35 minutes to try to make an appointment, I had to go into the office to make an appointment. This was really an inconvenience for me.

May 25th, 2011
he cares money only
He does not really care about the quality of patient service, all he cares is financial gain, stay away...

February 9th, 2011
Not a licensed Cosmetic Surgeon
I went to this doctor because I needed a mole removed and thought since he is a cosmetic surgeon and a dermatologist that he would do a good job. Wrong. The mole was as big around as a pencil eraser, and the scar is 10 times bigger, with gross marks from the stitches. I've had other doctor friends beg to fix the scar for me because it is so bad. It has been over a year, and it is still very obvious and also painful. I can't imagine trusting this doctor to do anything but diagnose rashes. Beware if you care about your appearance at all.

December 22nd, 2010
Very very poor service. - Never go to this place.
Well here is my story. When I scheduled my appointment, I was advices to be there 20 mins before. My husband took the rest of the day off to take me to the Dr. as I am a mom of a 6 month old. We go this place and the lady asked for a photo ID. I did not take it with me. But I had my insurance and other details. When I requested that my husband can bring it in 10 mins while I am waiting, she refused. She refused my husband's ID? I really doubt what this facility is for. Looks like I visited a federal office. For the record, because of my new kid, I have visited many Doctors. I feel there are many facilities in the DC metro area who are more service oriented and client friendly. Dont waste your time with these very unprofessional people.

February 9th, 2010
Very happy client!
I love this practice - professional, knowledgeable and caring. Many friends and clients have thanked me for referring them to this practice.

January 23rd, 2009
After surgery, I had more cellulite-looking, wavy skin. I also had a new crease and a new small skin roll I didn't have before because of the fat taken out. The right side of my stomach below the belly button sticks out more than the left side. However, my lower belly fat was gone.