Eric J Foltz, MD

IMS Neurology & Sleep Medicine
2925 W Rose Garden Ln
Phoenix, AZ 85027
(623) 535-0050
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Growing to be a great partnership at the Goodyear, AZ office  |  show details
by A.W. Waddell, AZ on Feb 21st, 2014

I have been working with Dr. Foltz for about 4 months now. The initial visit was rushed, but thorough. The sleep study staff was friendly. The timing of followup visits was frustrating at first because it was too long between (2 months). At my last appointment, I was very frustrated with the lack of communication with his assistant via phone calls, and an extended wait for medication prior authorization to be taken care of (2 weeks). Dr. Foltz took as much time with me as I needed to air my grievances and concerns. He immediately brought the office manager into the room to listen to my complaints. She was validating and concerned about the issues i had encountered. Dr. Foltz personally called the insurance company while I waited and got the authorization taken care of within 3 minutes. (It still bothered me that I had waited for two weeks for what took 3 minutes, but I am thankful for his prompt response). Although I came in totally frustrated and ready to try a new doctor or at least a new office, I left feeling heard, validated, and helped. I am looking forward to continued work with Dr. Foltz. When I reached out, he responded in all of the appropriate ways. He has also taken steps to assure that I will see him more often so that communication is improved, and he gave me a more direct contact number so that I will be able to reach him with more ease (by-passing the staff issues at the Goodyear office - thus the two stars for "follow up after visit"). Although it was a somewhat rocky start, I feel confident that I will receive quality care from Dr. Foltz, he does care deeply, and he is quite warm and engaging given the right circumstances and persistence. Given the current health care system and necessity for doctors to take on a large load of appointments each day, I believe that Dr. Foltz desires to provide the best possible care, and is very open to discussing issues and concerns and taking action to correct them when brought to his attention. This shows me the immense need for patients to be willing to say the hard things and treat the professionals like humans and with care in return in order to help build a stronger working relationship. I highly recommend Dr. Foltz and will continue to provide feedback to his office manager when I experience issues with the staff. It is the only possible way for the staff to learn and grow in the ability to provide quality care from the front. Thank you Dr. Foltz!

|  Doctor fine, Office staff Horrible in every way  |  show details
by Chris on Jan 1st, 2014

First, I will say that Dr. Foltz is a good doctor. He's on time, has a bit of a sense of humor and relates information in an easy to understand manner. He is a little quick on medication changes and communication with his staff is sub-par. The reason we won't be returning to Dr Foltz quite honestly is that his office staff doesn't seem to grasp the nuances of their job. I've had two appointments cancelled with no call from the office . Both times I confirmed the phone number on file and they assured me that they had called. I didn't show a missed call and no voicemails. They seem to forget that quite often we have to change our schedule around in order to make the appointment. It would be nice if they'd value my time and the effort that I made to get well.

|  Excellent Neurologist  |  show details
by Mary on Sep 30th, 2010

Dr. Foltz truly cares about his patients. He specializes in Epilepsy, and he definitely has a thorough knowledge of it. Excellent doctor!

|  Excellent physician  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2010

He's not talkative. Ask questions, and he will answer. This may be his only slight negative. He's specialized as an epileptologist. He's willing to admit what he does not know, and refer as appropriate. My impression is that he cares a lot, but just does not express this by speaking. Rather, he's timely, efficient, and responsive to calls and requests. I would say, compared to many people, he listens well.

|  cannot remember anything  |  show details
Dec 12th, 2009

he should review the file prior to coming in. claimed to review MRI of apprx 300 slices in less than 6 minutes and then, could not even remeber having seen it- does not answer questions that I ask, does not ask me questions. does not repond to significant info provided-does not care or even blink. cannot think outside the box-on his own. spends less than 8 mins w/me then bills hundreds of $. i was able to check in, see the RN, then the "doc" then scheduler all in less than 15 minutes-including going up to the 3rd floor. he has an article about himself posted saying he learns from his patients-no way. like talking to a wall. clueless in my opinion. he is rude. no good.

|  I'm very happy with this physician  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2009

My impression has been he is very earnest, conscientious, and serious about helping me although I would not not say he has a great treatment manner. He can come off a bit short, but I think he's just concentrating. He spends an appropriate time; It's just his manner is that's a bit terse. His staff is exceptionally friendly and prompt at returning calls (Randy is exceptional). I've never had any wait at all, and once I had my initial appointment, appointments were easy. The initial one was really difficult, however. Medicine is not always easy, and he has helped me although not everything is "solved". I'm grateful he's a physician I see.