A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Eric Fonkalsrud:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Eric Fonkalsrud is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fonkalsrud
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Fonkalsrud Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Eric Fonkalsrud, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Castration (Orchiectomy)
- Colon Cancer
- Colonic Polyps
- Crohn's Disease
- Esophageal Atresia
- Fecal Incontinence
- Funnel Chest (Pectus Excavatum)
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Hirschsprung Disease
- Inguinal Hernia
- Intestinal Polyps
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Portal Hypertension
- Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
- Restorative Proctocolectomy
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Fonkalsrud graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Fonkalsrud has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
- UCLA Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Eric W Fonkalsrud MD is a male Surgeon and practices in Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Eric W. Fonkalsrud practice?
- Dr. Eric Fonkalsrud has 2 office locations.
Dr. Eric Fonkalsrud practices Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Los Angeles, CA.
See Los Angeles Surgeons, Los Angeles Pediatric Surgeons, and Los Angeles Cardiothoracic Surgeons.