A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. Eric Fonkalsrud:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Eric Fonkalsrud is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Eric Fonkalsrud, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Castration (Orchiectomy)
- Colon Cancer
- Colonic Polyps
- Crohn's Disease
- Esophageal Atresia
- Fecal Incontinence
- Funnel Chest (Pectus Excavatum)
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Hirschsprung Disease
- Inguinal Hernia
- Intestinal Polyps
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Portal Hypertension
- Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
- Restorative Proctocolectomy
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Fonkalsrud graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Fonkalsrud has 5 hospital affiliations:
- John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
- Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center