Dr. Eric Williams MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 28th, 2016
Dr. Williams Gave Me My Life Back.
I am 14 years old. I unwillingly received a ball to the chin playing field hockey, and was diagnosed with a concussion and whiplash by my pediatrician. After a month or so, i just wasn't getting better. So, we went to see a neurologist. From there I was diagnosed with Occipital Neuralgia. I received 4 nerve blocks in the back of my head. I still didn't get relief. He then told us that the next option was surgery to decompress the trapped nerves. After a long summer of appointments, meeting new doctors, and other specialist that said they 'could help me’ we finally decided to consult with a surgeon. We were just going to meet and see what it was about, nothing was set in stone. So at the neurologist recommendation of two surgeons, one local and one out of network, we scheduled a consultation. At first, we met with the out-of-network surgeon. He was the first one we met with so I really had nothing to compare. But, I liked him. He was a very intelligent guy. But, we still weren’t ready for surgery. ( and the out-of-network charges ;) ) . So we met with another surgeon, Dr. Williams. His staff got us in, in less than a week. When we went for our appointment, the staff was very very friendly and welcoming. Talking with Dr. Williams, he had a sense of humor and was very kind. He explained the procedure thoroughly. The thing that stuck with my family as a unique factor in him was, he didn’t brag about his success rates. He was upfront and honest that the operation had the possibility of not working. In some strange way that worried us yet reassured us. He didn’t push us to have the surgery, just so he could get money. He left the decision completely up to us, because he cared for us like we were family. We left really pleased. We felt really comfortable with him and trusted him. Trusted him enough that we called him the next day and scheduled the surgery. He got me in that same week. The day of, he was warm and bubbly. He took great care of me. He called me the next day to check up on me. That made me feel important and more than just another surgery. My symptoms resolved almost immediately after the surgery. I get better everyday. One week since and my light sensitivity and nagging pressure and headaches have resolved immensely. I am so thankful to him. I walked in to Dr. Williams office with 6 long months of pain. I walked out with my life back. I know there maybe some bad reviews but everybody has there own experience. Mine was a positive one. I really hope this helps someone facing surgery and is looking to go to Dr. Williams.

July 17th, 2016
Staff and Dr very professional and polite

May 20th, 2016
Would NOT recommend this doctor
Will subject you to a battery of unnecessary tests for which you have no symptoms. Was unsympathetic to pain and detached. Went out of state to "the" expert who diagnosed me and successfully operated before Dr. Williams would've been done running needless tests.

May 4th, 2016
Ended with more pain after surgery. after several communications with him , he suggested going im agai for another surgery to see if he could find another nerve....NO THANKs!!!

April 14th, 2016
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY OR DR WILLIAMS
i would NOT recommend this doctor. Expensive and wrong diagnosis. THIS FACILITY IS OVERRATED.

December 15th, 2015
Happy Girl !!
I am very pleased with the outcome of my surgeries. I still have some pain but nothing like I had when I first walked into Dr Williams office. I am very thankful to the Dr from John Hopkins that referred me to him. I have never had a DR call me after getting home to make sure that I was okay.

June 20th, 2015
My experience with Dr. Williams was terrible. I was diagnosed with Tarsal Tunnel. After surgery I was rushed out of the surgery center with no explination on how the surgery went. 2 weeks later I got a horrible infection again with no explanation why. Finally after 20 days of antibiotics the infection cleared. I was on crutches for 8 weeks and was never advised to receive PT until I asked about it. 4 months after surgery the pain was back in my feet 10x worse then it was before the surgery. I am heading for my second surgery with a different doctor!

March 4th, 2015
He drank coffee at the receptionist desk while I sat in waiting room. He was having an office meeting that lasted over an hour. He started at the same time as my appointment

February 15th, 2015
Dr Williams is very kind and caring. He spends a lot of time explaining your condition as well as his treatment plan. Sometimes you wait a while to see him, but when it is your turn he takes his time and treats you as if you were family. I have never had a doctor who personally answers patients' questions. He calls, emails and texts. Dr Williams does not have the arrogant attitude of other surgeons I have seen. He is a wonderful doctor and human being.

June 15th, 2014
I have seen a lot of doctors, but none as good as Dr Williams. He is very thorough and follows up by answering all emails and phone calls personally in a very timely manner. He has come up with solutions to my myriad of nerve issues. I highly recommend him.

August 7th, 2013
A Graet Doctor that I would Highly Reccomend
I have not visited Dr Williams as of yet and I honestly hope that I do not have to. However, he and I have corresponded several times via email and he has been extremely helpful with my condition. He looked over all of my records and he has given me some very helpful advice when he really didn't have to. He has taken time out of his schedule to help me with a very difficult situation that I am going through both mentally and physically and I can't thank him enough.

March 19th, 2013
Caring, Personable, Excellent Surgeon
Dr. Williams listens and puts the pieces of the puzzle together. He doesn't rush and speaks to you, not at you. He is interested in the patient and not money. He usually runs late, but that is because he takes the time to review your history. Good surgeon and bedside manner. Follows up after surgery and answers correspondence. Medical profession needs more physicians like Dr. Williams and he takes insurance too, which is VERY important.