Obstetrician & Gynecologist
111 Hundertmark Rd
Ste 440
Chaska, MN 55318
952-249-2000
Locations and availability (4)

|  A Great Experience  |  show details
by Maureen R on Dec 22nd, 2013

I am 51 and had put off getting my 5 large fibroids removed for years. I also have a history of endometriosis and have some scar tissue and adhesions on my left ovary. Despite the increasing amount of pain and discomfort I was feeling over the years, I was anxious about having surgery. I did a tremendous amount of research and Dr. Heegaard's name kept reappearing as someone who was not simply a talented doctor and surgeon but also a caring individual. I met with him and we thoroughly discussed all options. He recommended I have a hysterectomy using the DaVinci procedure which I had in November. I couldn't be happier with the results! Dr. Heegaard is unmatched in his field. I found him to be both humble and confident, very funny and immensely capable. I would recommend Dr. Heegaard and his DaVinci procedure to anyone--he's clearly an expert and my healing was faster than even he projected. Top notch. I feel better now than I have in years. I am so grateful that I found him. Thank you Dr. Heegaard!

|  LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Heegard!!!  |  show details
by Rachel on Nov 18th, 2013

Dr. Heegard is the most thorough and caring doctors around. He spends as much time as needed with you and makes you feel at ease. I just can't say enough good things about him. You can not go wrong seeing him,

|  Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain Specialists in Midwest  |  show details
May 27th, 2013

Dr. Heegaard is a gifted and compassionate endometriosis surgeon. After surgery I told him he was my miracle worker! His decision making and skill with the DaVinci Robot has relieved my chronic pain, even after 3 previous laparoscopies and a hysterectomy. I remember my first visit with him after my previous surgeon had retired. I was nervous trying to find someone who I thought would be as superb, but Dr. Heegaard instantly put me at ease. He quickly showed me he wanted to partner with me in decision-making and knew a lot about endometriosis. When I was 31 years of age, Dr. Heegaard successfully excised my endometriosis and severe adhesions, while sparing my ovary. When I ended up in the ER a year later in crippling pain again, he adjusted his schedule so I could have surgery the next day. I am in debt to him. I also rely on him to manage my other women's health needs. Life with endometriosis is very hard, but thanks to him it is much easier. His passion to help women with endometriosis drives him to devote endless hours to changing the trajectory of our lives. Thank you Dr. Heegaard!

|  Laparoscopy and Robotic Assisted Myomectomy  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2011

Long story short, I am so incredibly thankful for Dr. Heegaard's knowledge and expertise which helped me to have my son today. Short story long, I started as a patient of Dr. Heegaard's in the fall of 2009 due to unknown infertility issues. I was hesitant to see a male OB/Gyn but I am SO glad that I got over that. Dr. Heegaard is a class act, a professional, has a good sense of humor and truly cares. He listened to my concerns and the information that I brought to the table. On occasion I did have to wait a little longer in the office, however, I reminded myself that he spends quality time with all of his patients. I had a laparoscopy in Dec 2009 to remove an ovarian cyst and endometriosis. While that procedure was being done Dr. Heegaard found that I had at least 3 uterine fibroids that should probably be removed to give me a better chance at getting pregnant. Initially he put me on a course of Lupron to attempt to shrink the fibriods. I had the myomectomy in April 2010 followed by another round of Lurpon and became pregnant in October of 2010. Delivered a beautiful baby boy in June of 2011 via c-section due to the prior surgeries. Dr. Heegaard was by my side through the whole process. He answered all of my questions big and small and addressed any of my concerns. He followed up every day while I was in the hospital after the c-section and provided candid advice as well.

|  Robotic Assisted Sacrocolpopexy  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2011

I heard about Dr Heegaard from a friend, after being unhappy with the surgical treatment recommendation from my former OBGyn Doctor. Dr Heegaard performed a robotic assisted sacrocolpopexy for me to treat prolapse of uterus/vagina and bladder. I was very nervous about having surgery, but Dr Heegaard and his staff took as much time as needed to answer all my questions and concerns. The surgery was very successful with a much faster recovery time than a typical hysterectomy. I was back at office work part-time within a few days! I am back to all my usual physical activities with no discomfort or leaking. I highly recommend Dr Heegard and the robotic procedures!

Apr 4th, 2011

Dr. Heegaard has been my GYN for over 10 years. I had a robotic assisted hysterectomy and was able to go home four hours after the surgery. Dr. Heegaard called me himself to check on my recovery. He has an excellent bedside manner and is genuinely concerned about his patients. I have never once in 10 years felt like I have been rushed out of his office. He listens to my concerns and addresses them. I am thankful that I have a doctor that I trust completely.

Jan 1st, 2011

I found Dr. Heegaard through the Midwest Fibroid Treatment Center. I thought I would need a hysterectomy but he removed my fibroids using the robot. Amazing!! Very glad I found Dr. Heegaard

Jan 1st, 2011

I heard about Dr. Heegaard from a friend who had her fibroids removed with the DaVinci Robot. My other doctor said I needed an abdominal hysterectomy. I got a second opinion from Dr. Heegaard and he said he thought he could remove the fibroids and leave my uterus intact. I had my surgery in November and went home the same day. I am soooo happy I found Dr. Heegaard and would recommend him strongly to anyone who needs surgery

|  He Saved My Life!  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2009

Dr.Heegaard is an exceptionally gifted person. He is so caring and has such a dynamic personality. I would recommend him highly.He found and diagnosed me with Cervical Cancer and performed surgery so quickly after the diagnosis that he caught the cancer in the earliest stage. I never needed any further treatment.I thank him everyday for being alive.

Jan 20th, 2009

Very helpful and knowledgeable. Took all the time I needed. Did my hysterectomy laproscopically and I went home the same day