Dr. Eric Heegaard MD Patient Reviews

4.9

• Good
  • Bad

August 30th, 2016
Would give Dr. Heegaard a million stars if they would let me!

March 18th, 2016
If you are looking for an endometriosis specialist, Dr. H is the doctor to see.

March 10th, 2016
I have my life back.
I have endometriosis and had excision surgery with Dr. Heegaard. I've spent years in pain with terrible care from multiple doctors; Dr. Heegaard gave me my life back. I happily drive 70 miles one way for appointments.

February 24th, 2016
So thankful I found a great dr!
I had surgery with Dr Heegaard in Jan for endometriosis and suspected adenomyosis. I ended up having a total abdominal hysterectomy. After my first appointment I felt completely comfortable with him. It was an amazing feeling to find a dr that not only believed that I was in constant pain, but he also tried to find out why. After an mri suspecting adenomyosis, he presented me with all of my options, let me know that if I did choose to have surgery it would not be an easy surgery. He took every precaution and had a colorectal surgeon and a urologist in the operating room with him. At this point I know I am still recovering, but I cannot tell you how much better I feel! He is very knowledgeable, understanding and compassionate. I cannot thank him enough!

December 22nd, 2013
A Great Experience
I am 51 and had put off getting my 5 large fibroids removed for years. I also have a history of endometriosis and have some scar tissue and adhesions on my left ovary. Despite the increasing amount of pain and discomfort I was feeling over the years, I was anxious about having surgery. I did a tremendous amount of research and Dr. Heegaard's name kept reappearing as someone who was not simply a talented doctor and surgeon but also a caring individual. I met with him and we thoroughly discussed all options. He recommended I have a hysterectomy using the DaVinci procedure which I had in November. I couldn't be happier with the results! Dr. Heegaard is unmatched in his field. I found him to be both humble and confident, very funny and immensely capable. I would recommend Dr. Heegaard and his DaVinci procedure to anyone--he's clearly an expert and my healing was faster than even he projected. Top notch. I feel better now than I have in years. I am so grateful that I found him. Thank you Dr. Heegaard!

November 18th, 2013
LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Heegard!!!
Dr. Heegard is the most thorough and caring doctors around. He spends as much time as needed with you and makes you feel at ease. I just can't say enough good things about him. You can not go wrong seeing him,

May 27th, 2013
Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain Specialists in Midwest
Dr. Heegaard is a gifted and compassionate endometriosis surgeon. After surgery I told him he was my miracle worker! His decision making and skill with the DaVinci Robot has relieved my chronic pain, even after 3 previous laparoscopies and a hysterectomy. I remember my first visit with him after my previous surgeon had retired. I was nervous trying to find someone who I thought would be as superb, but Dr. Heegaard instantly put me at ease. He quickly showed me he wanted to partner with me in decision-making and knew a lot about endometriosis. When I was 31 years of age, Dr. Heegaard successfully excised my endometriosis and severe adhesions, while sparing my ovary. When I ended up in the ER a year later in crippling pain again, he adjusted his schedule so I could have surgery the next day. I am in debt to him. I also rely on him to manage my other women's health needs. Life with endometriosis is very hard, but thanks to him it is much easier. His passion to help women with endometriosis drives him to devote endless hours to changing the trajectory of our lives. Thank you Dr. Heegaard!

September 18th, 2011
Robotic Assisted Sacrocolpopexy
I heard about Dr Heegaard from a friend, after being unhappy with the surgical treatment recommendation from my former OBGyn Doctor. Dr Heegaard performed a robotic assisted sacrocolpopexy for me to treat prolapse of uterus/vagina and bladder. I was very nervous about having surgery, but Dr Heegaard and his staff took as much time as needed to answer all my questions and concerns. The surgery was very successful with a much faster recovery time than a typical hysterectomy. I was back at office work part-time within a few days! I am back to all my usual physical activities with no discomfort or leaking. I highly recommend Dr Heegard and the robotic procedures!

April 4th, 2011
Dr. Heegaard has been my GYN for over 10 years. I had a robotic assisted hysterectomy and was able to go home four hours after the surgery. Dr. Heegaard called me himself to check on my recovery. He has an excellent bedside manner and is genuinely concerned about his patients. I have never once in 10+ years felt like I have been rushed out of his office. He listens to my concerns and addresses them. I am thankful that I have a doctor that I trust completely.

July 3rd, 2009
He Saved My Life!
Dr.Heegaard is an exceptionally gifted person. He is so caring and has such a dynamic personality. I would recommend him highly.He found and diagnosed me with Cervical Cancer and performed surgery so quickly after the diagnosis that he caught the cancer in the earliest stage. I never needed any further treatment.I thank him everyday for being alive.

January 20th, 2009
Very helpful and knowledgeable. Took all the time I needed. Did my hysterectomy laproscopically and I went home the same day

October 20th, 2016