Overall Review

3.8

no change

October 21st, 2015
an outstanding doctor

February 8th, 2015
This doctor is the best there is after having him treat me for enlarged prostate. I will never change from him.

June 3rd, 2014
Arrogant, cold as a stone, no empathy
Dr. Hick may be the best urologist on earth but unless he changes his arrogant and cold attitude he will never get my respect. He asked me to go through an ultrasound, a cat scan, and a kidney biopsy without even considering the risk of biopsy and informing me about it. Whenever I asked questions about the details or reason for having these checks he treated me like I am an idiot and I am not supposed to ask questions ! He said that "things don't look good and I need to schedule a kidney biopsy" while I was laying on the operating table for a cystoscopy. (This is like telling the heart surgery patient, in the surgery room, he needs a kidney removal as well!) What kind of patient psychology did Dr. Hick study? Does he know the word of EMPATHY?

March 2nd, 2014
Very good and caring doctor
I went to Dr. Hick and was very impressed with his knowledge and caring attitude. He performed robotic surgery on me and I was very happy with the result. I am a man of color and Dr. Hick treated me with the utmost professionalism and courtesy. Take the last reviewer's comments with a grain of salt. He is not a disrespectful doctor.

April 1st, 2013
stuck up
very uncareing doctor and not a good lister,dont like man of color,he a frist class know it all who left me pissing on my self for a long time,very uncaring man ,to be a doctor

April 23rd, 2012
worst experience wit a doctor ever
as soon as i walked into this office i should of turned around and left. not very clean, felt like i was at a free clinic. after i got into a room i was told that the doctor would not be in until my pants were down to my knees and then was given a small paper to cover my self up with. no privacy, when the door was opened by the doctor he took his time shuting it and everone in the hallway that walked by could see me laying on this table half naked with this small paper covering me up. the doctor was very unproffesional and would not even let my dog see him. room very dirty, floor was not clean, dirt buid up around floor mats.

April 12th, 2010
Just the Best
I have been a patient of Dr Hick's since he came to Wright-Patterson almost five years ago. I have interstitial cystitis and I've had a difficult time finding someone who understands this disease and how to treat it. Dr Hick has been phenomenal! He is so knowledgeable about my disease and has been willing to try the various prescribed therapies to see how we can get the best results. Not only is he the best I've seen for IC he is the most caring and compassionate. Even though there is a 72-hour window, Dr Hick always returns my calls the same day and put a plan in place to address my issue. Now that he is leaving the Air Force and Wright-Patt Med Center, I'm considering taking out private (non-military) health insurance so I can continue to see him. He is just the best.

April 12th, 2010
Finally, a diagnosis
After four years of chronic UTIs Dr Hick diagnosed me with Detrusor Sphyncter Dyssenergy (DSD) and I have only had one infection in the last two yars. The Cleveland Clinic had not made a diagnosis in the six months I went to a urologist there. He is a great urologist.

April 10th, 2010
Positive experience with Dr. Eric Hick.
I am a 53-year-old male who was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer, and I underwent a radical prostatectomy by Dr. Hick less than a week ago. My experience with Dr. Hick was always positive. During the stressful period of time from when my PSA was elevated to the time I was discharged from the hospital following my prostatectomy, I knew I was in good hands. Dr. Hick explained everything to me and to my wife in laymans terms, including my diagnosis, prognosis, and all my treatment options, along with the risks, benefits, and possible complications of each. As busy as he was, whenever I had questions for him, he would get back to me within hours, not days. I felt like I had all the tools I needed to make an informed decision on what would be the best course of treatment for me. My surgery was a huge success, and after my procedure I was an inpatient for 2 nights. Dr. Hick came to see me a total of 6 times during that short stay. He has also called me since Ive been home. His bedside manner is superb. I know he cares about me and my family and my healing process. I would recommend Dr. Hick to anyone. I appreciate everything he did for me surgically and psychologically.

April 8th, 2010
Dr. Hick has my total faith and trust.
I was referred to Dr. Hick in 2007. A cystoscopy revealed tumors in my bladder. A biopsy indicated CIS. Dr. Hick and his staff made a very bad situation very bearable. I have been blessed to have been directed to this man and his very professional and capable staff. I've had several chemo treatments and biopsies as my treatments have progressed.He has guided me through this difficult time with firmness, professionalism, and care.He will soon be leaving the medical center to a new beginning in his career. He is thought very highly of by the hospital staff he interacts with; whether they be administrative, OR staff, or medical technicians. His departure is a big loss for Wright Patterson Medical Center, but a giant gain for the Kettering Medical Community.

April 7th, 2010
Very caring, professional, and competent.
Dr. Hick is a very caring, professional, and competent urologist. His bedside manner is second to none. He successfully performed my surgery after another facility failed. My entire family was truly impressed by Dr. Hick's care during my hospital stay. I would highly recommend him.

April 7th, 2010
Dr. Hick is a consumate professional who is well respected by his peers and patients alike. He will be sorely missed as he transitions out of military medicine into the civilian community- he will surely be a great asset to Urology as a whole