Dr. Eric Hoffmann MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 12 reviews

May 19th, 2015
My insurance reimburses Dr. Hoffman's office $90 plus (with co-payment) whether I see him or his physician assistant for a 15 minute consultation which is an excellent payment since I only make $10 per hour where I work.

May 18th, 2015
I'm very nice to everyone because they are accepting your insurance. My insurance reimburses the office a reasonable amount but they are still taking a discount. You have to be polite no matter what and ask questions. It's difficult to find the perfect doctor's office.

April 9th, 2014
Knowledgable Dr
Very informative, explaining things thoroughly making the visit very comfortable

April 28th, 2013
QUALITY CARE
My husband and I both found Dr. Hoffmann and the P.A. (Jenn) to be extremly knowledgable, thorough, and compassionate. My husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor and the doctor was very helpful throughout our entire ordeal as well as providing me with routine medical care and advising me on a great ENT specialist office for voice box surgey. Love this Doctor and the P.A. too!

March 5th, 2013
Wins Academy Award for Worst Medical Office
One of the most inept medical offices I have ever had to deal with. Impossible to leave a message during business hours as their phone is constantly busy. Staff is routinely rude, condescending and unhelpful when you do speak with them. Very unprofessional onsite atmosphere, including behavior of other patients, several of whom felt compelled to tell me what the sign-in procedure is when I arrived for appointments--assuming that I had never signed in for anything before, I suppose. Although the office/practice didn't have time to return my calls when I was a patient, they did have time to send a letter stating that they had terminated its services to me. Two months later, I received an automated phone message advising me that I had an appointment, which I had to call and cancel to avoid a no-show. Truly ridiculous.

August 22nd, 2012
My overall Experince was HORRIBLE. The staff was very inconsiderate as to my privacy. They embarressed me at the window. The staff need some more understanding of Insurance. I had appt with DR. Hoffmann ho was called out on a emergency and i was seen by dr. Yen and now being charged for visit because the staff never issued the proper referral. I would say if you have appt with Dr. Hoffmann and they put you in to see Dr. Yen because Dr. Hoffmann was called out due to emergency refuse because you will get stuck with the entire visit.

March 23rd, 2012
Just make sure you see him directly not the P.A.
I absolutely adore Dr. Hoffmann, he is a very caring, compassionate, thoughtful Dr I have ever met...he does see a lot of elderly patients which can make the office experience trying at times, but that is something I can live with to receive the quality of care he achieves. As a younger patient I feel like I'm taken seriously & not spoken down to as with other Drs I've met. My only gripe is that his PA is an extremely condescending, nosey, impolite, & judgemental snob, who although I never have an appt with her, will pop in while I'm waiting and start my exam. Often times she has questioned Dr H's previous course of treatment without any due cause. She's a "nazi"-like dictator & is not understanding of issues that exist to many people in the real world, such as not being able to afford a test because you don't have insurance and have to self-pay. I could go on and on with examples of her less than hypocratical behavior, but the bottom line is I try as best as I can to only book appointments that are not during her normal schedule so that she cannot bombard my appointment with my DR! Aside from Jenn, the PA, great staff, great Dr!

December 27th, 2010
Gets the diagnosis. Understands me
He is the smartest most down to earth doctor I ever met. You have to wait for him but boy is he worth it. His picture hear doesn't do him justice he's generally all smiles.Staff is polite. phones are ringing all the time there. He diagnosed a breast cancer in me and saved my life once then found a rare carcinoid tumor in my stomach a few years later.

November 23rd, 2009
dotty
I had a series of headaches that were diagnosed as migraines and vertigo. I was treated by a neurologist, a naturopath and an acupuncturist. Dr H listened to my story completely and told me he would try and find what was wrong. after two years of going doctor to doctor Dr Hoffmann was able to order tests that diagnosed a pituatary adenoma of the brain and I was treated with medication. The headaches are gone. He is a lovely doctor. I only go for yearly checkups now

August 28th, 2009
Best in Buisness
Fabulous doctor!!!

May 22nd, 2009
A credit to the profession.
He diagnosed axillary nerve dysfunction in my shoulder which stumped two prior internists. He has a great bed side manner and does a great job of explaining a health problem in layman's terms. If you are looking for an internist and you live locally, I strongly urge you to consider Dr. Hoffmann.

May 2nd, 2009
Without his willingness to take the extra step, I'd probably be dead!