A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Eric Hungness:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Eric Hungness is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Eric Hungness, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Hiatal Hernia
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hungness graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Hungness has 2 hospital affiliations:
- The University of Chicago Medicine
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hungness accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Humana - 13 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Unicare - 14 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Eric S. Hungness practice?
Dr. Eric Hungness practices Surgery near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Surgeons.