Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
Oct 8th, 2013

The office staff is the most rude and crude people I have ever encountered. They do not listen on the phone and even curse as people on the phone. The Dr was kind but the staff made the experience so horrible I am seeking different options.

WHAT A NIGHTMARE show details WHAT A NIGHTMARE
by KEITH H on Feb 26th, 2013

TERRIBLE DOCTOR. HAD A 2:15 & DIDNT SEE THE HACK UNTIL 3:30 AT LEAST.. WENT IN FOR A TORN EXTENSOR TENDON ON MY FINGER AND THE DR WAS TOO INCOMPETENT TO GIVE ME A DIAGNOSIS (I TOLD HIM WHAT IT WAS!!) OR TREATMENT...HE COULDNT EVEN INTERPRET HIS OWN XRAYS!! SO HE SENDS ME TO VRI (VALLEY RADIOLOGY) IN THE RAIN FOR MORE FILMS AND I TAKE THEM BACK TO HIS OFFICE AND BECAUSE THE OFFICE "CLOSES" AT 430 ON A WEEKDAY THE DOCTOR NEVER FINISHED OUR APPOINTMENT AND I WAS TOLD TO LEAVE!!!! THEN IM CHARGED FOR THE EXTRA XRAYS!! I WAS NOT SATISFIED AND HAD TO GOTO A DIFFERENT DOCTOR FOR REAL TREATMENT. THEN THE PUKE HAS THE NERVE TO CHARGE MY INSURANCE FOR THIS NIGHTMARE!!!! UGGGGHHHH TERRIBLE!! DONT GO TO THIS HACK OR YOU'LL BE SORRY... I RATE THIS DOCTOR FAT ZERO!!!! (THE APPLICATION MADE ME PUT 1 STAR)

Director show details Director
Aug 29th, 2012

Great guy, very good with my 12 year old daughter and her hurt hand.

for staff show details for staff
Oct 14th, 2011

the staff are not really helpful for the patients especially to the asian people. they should be understanding for those people who cannot really express themselves...they should act professionally especially when they handle phone querries by patients themselves. they should be amiable and approachable...that's my experience to this office.

Much better ! show details Much better !
Sep 11th, 2011

Great doc...showed me how my knee is unstable. Reviewed the MRI films which show my torn ACL. We agreed to fix this with surgery. I'm now 6 months out and the knee is awesome. Thank you Doctor Kagel for the super care you provided .

Two years later show details Two years later
Mar 21st, 2011

I had elbow surgery with Dr. Kagel two years ago and I am still feeling GREAT!! I have had no pain or numbness. Thanks For the great care.. Nicole S

Beware show details Beware
by Los Gatos, CA on Aug 8th, 2009

Dr Kagel was a surgeon who participated in my insurance plan; that's how I found him. What a mistake! He did diagnose the problem that required surgery, but left me with permanent numbness on the whole left side of the left knee. I later had sugery again and the doctor corrected the botched up job Dr Kagel did. This time I had "zero" numbness and that is how it should be. Orthopedic surgery is too important to screw up on. Find an expert who only works on your particular body part before considering surgery.

Finally paid free show details Finally paid free
by nicole on Jul 19th, 2009

Thanks to Dr.Kagel. I have been paid free since I had my elbow surgery in Nov 2008. I was living with paid for over 5 years and had kaiser, they were the worst ever. They just told me I have tennis elbow and gave me a cortisone shot and sent me on my way. After changing my insurance, I saw Dr. Kagel and he told me I need surgey. Sure enough I had two torn tendons. Thanks to Dr. Kagel I am living pain free.. Thanks Nicole

by 3monkeys on Nov 22nd, 2008 on citysearch.com

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Best Orthopedic Doc in the Valley!!! show details Best Orthopedic Doc in the Valley!!!
by 3monkeys at Citysearch on Nov 22nd, 2008 on citysearch.com

Deciding on a orthopedic surgeon can be a stressful endeavor, especially if you require surgery. I am most thankful to Eric M. Kagel for his compassion and excellent quality care. When I fell and shattered my wrist , the emergency room doctors told me I had a worst-case scenario. However, Dr. Kagel explained to me the nature of my problem in what type of surgery would be required to solve it.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com