Dr. Eric Kelts MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

May 28th, 2014
Got a brain scan waited 3wks now, still haven,'t gotten the results from this Dr
Beware. We had seen dr. Kelts, had a brain scan. called for 2 weeks, left at least 20 messages for them to. Return my call to make an appt to get results . finally got a return call saying they had been busy and short staffed! Promised a return call the next am with results .it did not happen. He seemed knowledgable etc, but he is not there for you this was a brain ct for a patient with a brain tumor. Seriously!!! No retuned calls, still no report from him

December 9th, 2013
former patient
This office is the most unreliable office I have ever dealt with. The doctor has refused to turn over my medical records to my attorney after repeated requests over the past 4 months. The office does not allow me to talk to Dr. Kelts directly or return my calls. I have been given nothing but lip service from this office regarding my records and they are not abiding by HIPPA regulations in regards to giving me my records. I would not recommend this office ever.

February 18th, 2013
Out of the box thinker
After several frustrating months with other neurologists, my primary found Dr. Kelts. I originally saw Dr. Kelts for a sleep disorder that was complicated by epilepsy, which is why I wanted to see him because finding a neurologist who specializes in sleep is apparently hard to find in the Denver area. Go figure. Anyways, the first thing that stuck out to me and my uncle, who accompanied me, was his outside the box approach to my condition. For instance, he suggested the Zeo sleep monitor, which he admitted was "unscientific" and all that jazz, and explained it would give me a larger picture in the long term than an expensive overnight study or hospital stay could provide me. Before Dr. Kelts had mentioned it, I had never heard of it, but now it's a tool I use to monitor my sleep patterns. No, I don't use it to detect or diagnose nighttime seizures, but it sure gives me insight to what's going on during the night. In addition to the Zeo sleep monitor, he also respects my wishes to be on as little medication as possible. He prescribed a med that helps me sleep better and a med I never would have thought would help to improve my daytime fatigue (I only take 1/2 dose). It keeps me working and brings in paychecks. If it stops working or I have problems, he doesn't hesitate to help and adjust. Given my good experience with my sleep, I thought I wold push my luck with my eyes-- I asked if he could do an eye exam because I also have a difficult prescription. For me, going to an optometrist is worse than going to a dentist because a typical optometrist doesn't understand my eyes and my accommodation abilities. They always resort to telling me to "guess which one is clearer: one or two." I can never tell the difference. Last year, a well-known Lasik specialist first informed me about my accommodation abilities, how it interferes with my eye exams, and why its necessary for my eyes to be dilated for accurate prescriptions. Unfortunately, I was not a candidate for Lasik, and they could not sell me the prescription they got for my eyes during the consultation. When I tell optometrists they need to dilate my eyes, they disagree. I didn't need to explain to Dr. Kelts. He knew!! He dilated my eyes and gave me an awesome prescription I can actually see out of!! Finally!! Some patients may have complained about scheduling, but I believe it is because Dr. Kelts may find it necessary to take extra time to fully understand his patients and give them the proper treatment. At least, that was my experience. I can't tolerate doctors who treat their patients like a checklist they have to get through. I feel better knowing my doctors actually care and are giving me, and their other patients, the time they deserve for optimal treatment.

August 20th, 2012
Good Doctor/Poor Office Experience
I was referred to Dr. Kelts by another eye dr. My first appt was rescheduled for three weeks out from the original date. Then my second appt was also rescheduled. I had to wait 20 min to be seen the first time and over 30 the second time. He verbally agreed to call me with my results so I didn't have to spend another co-pay to come in and wait forever then get tests results. I still haven't heard from him several months later...

April 27th, 2011
Worth the wait
You may have to wait a while, but once you are seen he gives you his full attention and is very caring. Answers questions well and treats you like a human not a number.

December 15th, 2010
Highly Recommended!!!!
I went to see Dr. Kelts as a recommendation from one of my other doctors. His specialty is an odd one, a combination of Neurology and Ophthalmology, and he has completed residencies in both specialties. Although my main issue was headaches, he spent more than an hour with me, explained what was going on in a way that I could understand, and left me feeling relieved. We were able to get the headaches under control with a single medication.I am not certain what planet the previous reviewer is living on, but my experience was quite different than what they reported.

September 21st, 2010
I went to Dr. Kelts on recommendation by someone else. First visit everything seemed fine, he gave what he obviously assumed was wrong(2 weeks later that changed). Had some blood work done,he never told me ALL my results. The new neurologist I am going too gave me that.He told me there wasn't much on my MRI,again wrong,new Dr. showed me my MRI and what was areas of concern. He also prescribed a medication that the first side effect was...oh the same thing I was seeing him for. I am not stupid enough to take a pill that will make me worse.After quite a few obviously wasted visits,he could never tell me anything for certain,each visit he would "diagnosis" me something different than he did in the previous visit. Wasn't doing any more in depth testing. The saddest part is he at times looked more confused than I was. Never will go to him again nor EVER recommend him to anyone. Oh and one more thing his words to me during one visit..."My specialty is not neurology"...so take that how you want.

August 16th, 2010
great bedside manner
Dr. Kelts spent over a hour with me and my family explaining what I have and what could help. A very kind and caring doctor.

August 12th, 2010
Excellent physician!
Dr. Kelts is an exceptional physician. At a time when many doctors only spend 5 minutes with a patient, he spent more than an hour with me asking questions, examining, and discussing my illness with me. I appreciate that he cares so much for his patients. I know some patients have complained about a wait, but I understand that some of this is because he spends so much time with each patient.

June 22nd, 2010
This doctor spend most of his time in the er of area hospitals as an er neurologist. Also, he does not have a backup neurologist on call when he is out of the office. This is not sufficient to run a good medical practice. This is unfortunate as he is a very smart man who under utilizes his talents. Perhaps he is better suited to a classroom setting where patients are not counting on him.

April 2nd, 2010
Great Doctor!
Really spent lots of time with me. All my worries were addressed. Dr. Kelts took 2 hours seeing me on an obviously very busy day at his office.

February 12th, 2010