Dr. Eric Knochenhauer MD Patient Reviews

3.9

no change

October 2nd, 2016
Horrible
Dr. Knochenhauer is a smart guy with terrible bedside manner and miserable staff. His biggest problem is that he's always late. He was not only over an hour late for each of my embryo transfers ( imagine waiting for so long with a full bladder!) but was also more than an hour late for my egg retrieval and that was truly inexcusable as it ruined my cycle. His staff's resonse to my complaint about him constantly being late for such important procedures was: "He's known to be late." WHAT?? Horrible experience, would not recommend him to anyone.

August 16th, 2016
Dr. Knochenhauer is a waste of time
Although Dr. Knochenhauer may have many years of experience, he is not a skillful doctor. During the past year we have seen him and with multiple cycles of treatment, we have never seen ONE egg he's successfully retrieved. He explanation is that you are too old, your eggs are immature or poor quality which "stuck" to the follicle wall and thus cannot be retrieved, etc. We went to another clinic and in the very first attempt, the doctor retrieved a mature egg! Dr Knochenhauer's staff are in general friendly and professional, but the billing system is doubtful. For blood test plus sonogram, we were charged in Dr. Knochenhauer's office a co-pay of $30 ($15 for blood and $15 for sonogram) while in the other doctor, we were only charged $15 for BOTH blood & sono. All IVFs in Dr. Knowchenhauer's clinic MUST be paired with GENERAL anesthesia which patients have to pay $600 out of pocket while in other clinic, most of patients are given local anesthesia which in our case is fully paid by the insurance. In addition, Dr Knochnehauer clinic, there is no blood and sono staff working over the weekends. As a result, the doctor will push to schedule patients to come for blood and sono on Mondays instead of the weekends which you could miss the optimal time for retrieval over the weekends. If your optimal time was missed which happen to fall on the weekends, he will have the nurse to tell you that this is a bad cycle, please try for the next cycle. In general, it does not really matter if Dr. Knochenhauer was running late a few times, he is definitely not the one worthwhile or worth waiting for. He is quite confident, but we just believe he is not competent or compassionate as a doctor. We regret that we have wasted our precious time by seeing Dr. Knochenhauer who is just another mediocre doctor in the business.

April 28th, 2016
Dr. Knochenhauer is an amazing doctor. During my journey he was kind, compassionate and very patient. He explained all of my options and listened when I expressed concerns. He was determined to help me and would not give up on me. I'm not sure I would've made it through the process without Dr. K. I have recommended him to my friends and will definitely return to him when I'm ready to have another child. I can't say thank you enough Dr. K!

March 14th, 2016
Wasted $25,000 and a whole year with this doctor.
All I can I say is that I wasted about $25,000 in costs and over a whole year in time with this doctor, we tried 2 IUI procedures, both failed, we tried 2 IVF procedures, both failed, and after the 2nd failed IVF transfer, he offered no plan, hope, compassion or any other reason for us to continue with him, we are currently in the process of starting with another doctor. Basically his attitude was see ya when we decided to not proceed under is treatment.

September 22nd, 2015
Waste of Time
This doctor has the absolute worst bedside manner and honestly just wastes so much time and months with IUI. I wasted so much time with this doctor and after I decided to try Dr. Traub my process was so much easier. I am a happy mommy to 4 year old twins. I was pregnant within months of switching doctors. Best of luck with your journey! Anything is possible and never give up!!

August 24th, 2015
He's a genious!

May 20th, 2015
Bad Staff
So the doctor is always late and even his staff says that about him. His nurse Katie is nice but at least 60 years old and never knows what the plan is. Whenever i do a treatment Roe the financial person never gets anything write. She even hung up once on the phone with me. Maybe if i paid cash for everything i would be treated differently.

April 22nd, 2015
Would never go back to see Dr knochenhauer. I took my 15 yr old daughter there and she left in tears. He is was very abrut with her questions and basically said if u don't like it go c another dr. Which we did

January 17th, 2015
Great Doc, terrible staff
5 stars for the doctor, he is VERY knowledgeable, explains options in detail, easy to talk to..as to the staff, not sure what is going on there. I have had numerous issues unresolved in a timely manner. Wasted a month due to miscommunication on a insurance coverage for a test, much time wasted on my end, calling the insurance company and the office in regards to WHAT codes they will use to bill and what test is needed, it took many calls and much aggravation due to wrong information given etc. and this was due to me finding out that my insurance will cover the test done at an independent clinic but not the hospital clinic the doctor was affiliated with /Wrong dates for blood draw/I had stat blood work to see if Clomid needed to be started, office did not f/u with lab, would tell me they are on the phone with lab to retrieve results, each time I called-and after 1 call the lab assured me results were in and faxed over. I have been a nurse for many years, and dealt with a lot of various issues, but I cannot believe that this office is so unorganized especially since this is a specialty service they are providing to their patients. Need to mention-Melissa RN is on top of things there.

April 30th, 2014
If I only knew I was wasting precious time, that I'd never get back!
It saddens me to have to write this review, but after everything I've been through with this Dr I feel obligated to warn others in his care. I was seen by Dr Kochenhaur for over 18 months-- during this time I was constantly reminded that I was only 30...only 30...only 30. I came into his care because I started trying to conceive at 28 and kept having reoccuring miscarriages. I knew my body well and knew there was a serious problem.I knew several people that trusted him and advised me I'd be in the best hands. Sadly, that was not the case. In brief, I was put on chlomid for 6 months, then did 6 cycles of iui-- time was just passing by me and nothing was working. I consistently inquired about my care and was adamantly told "I was too young" and had to follow protocol. Well, after 18 months of torture...my story ends with me asking Dr Knock for an FSH test after speaking with my acupuncturist, who could not believe that this test wasn't performed already (as its standard procedure in most offices.) Well my results came back, while Dr K was on vacation and I was given my bad results over the phone by his nurse. She had no explanation or reasoning to give me on what these results meant besides "your going through menopause." When I asked for Dr K to contact me, I was told he was on vacation and I could schedule an appointment for the following week when he was back. (This was also a huge holiday weekend--so I was given this information and then told to wait a week before understanding what it meant.) After googling my results-- I demanded his associate to call me--- and his words were " you've been wasting your time for the past 18 months-- you've been receiving the wrong treatments all along-- and you may not be able to have children at all, and recommended using "donor eggs." He ended the call by telling me "I may only have a two year window left...in regards to my fertility." Needless to say, I was devastated and couldn't believe the way this situation was being handled. I felt completely betrayed, alone and crushed. How could this have happened?? When I met with Dr K (a week later) it was obvious I was upset and concerned about my care. He had no answers for me, just endless apologies and excuses. The girl who all along was only 30---was just told "chronologically I was at best 48." Needless to say, I requested my records and left his practice. I never received a phone call or any type of out reach by him. I joined another practice---and thankfully became pregnant within a month. I truly write this review because I know how scary and emotional this process can be---and the care you receive throughout this process matters! I was terrified to leave and have to start all over again with another Dr...but it was the best decision I made. The practice I transferred to showed nothing but care, concern and consideration. To anyone reading this--you are in the drivers seat in regards to your Dr and care--speak up and out! If your dissatisfied with your care or the service being provided...look elsewhere. It's a big world and there are other Drs...that will take the time to listen and work with you. When I think about the time I wasted unknowingly it destroys me-- I could have been in a totally different place and saved myself so much heartbreak. All I can do id go forward, and thank god for giving me my little boy. I like to believe that good things happen to good people. Even if this review helps one person--it was worth writing. Good luck in your journey of starting a family!

May 23rd, 2013
Wonderful!! The best dr!!
I started with Dr. Knochenhauer about three years ago. I was trying to conceive for 3 or 4 years prior to seeing him. I cannot say enough nice things ...

March 16th, 2013
I love doctor eric s. knochenhauer.
excellent doctor, he take time to explain all to you, the staff in N.J and S.I is amaizing, nice people they make you feel comfortable and welcome . I truly recommend him beacouse he undestand your situation and help you right away, I ask to other patients about him and they all love him and tell me how helpful he was, and basicly all of them have kids whit his help.im so happy whit him, I start my infertility treament one moth ago, so lets hope for the best.