Dr. Eric Laxer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 14th, 2016
Due to a work related injury, I herniated L5-S1 disc with left nerve impingement. It was by far the worse pain I had ever experienced. After going to the ER and seeing two previous, neuro surgeons, I finally was referred to Dr. Laxer. Dr. Laxer took time to listen to me and when all other non-evasive medical care was exhausted, performed the surgery to fix the disc. Not even a year out from my surgery date, I am back to work and doing most everything I used to do pre-injury. I am very thankful for the care I received from both Dr. Laxer and his staff.

July 12th, 2016
Never again....
First off, he was forty minutes late and offered no apology. This is one of the most arrogant and cocky drs that I've encountered. He didn't care anything about me as a patient. He seemed to use all the info. on my pre-accessment survey to discredit anything I told him about my condition. He had a female intern with him and appeared to try to 'show off' with his condescending attitude. He clearly prejudiced me and attempted to minimize my condition. A lower esteem person most likely would have left feeling lower than dirt.

July 6th, 2016
Excellent communicator
Good

February 23rd, 2016
I would recommend Dr. Laxer to anyone because of his skill as a surgeon and his friendly and positive bedside manner. He answered all my questions, performed successful surgery and never seemed to be in a hurry. He is a credit to his profession and to Ortho Carolina. I am glad I chose him as my doctor.

January 19th, 2016
Very effective surgery, no pain afterwards

January 13th, 2016
The doctor was like having my son taking care of me. Everything about him was just outstanding! A credit to his profession & to the patients he serves!

November 18th, 2015
Dr. Laxer was very professional yet articulate and very detailed. He made sure that I understood the procedures, processes and treatment that I was getting. He overall was excellent. He spent time with me and my family making sure that we understood. I would recommend him to anyone who needed back surgery. He was great!

November 2nd, 2015
Miracle worker!
When I was referred to Dr Laxer, my quality of life was poor at best! I could hardly walk let alone do the things I love to do like care for my horses and ride! I have an artificial hip and thought my hip was the reason I was having trouble walking, but my Hip Dr did MRI and discovered that I had neck issues causing my problems. He recommended Dr Laxer and stated that Dr Laxer had just done the same surgery on his wife....I asked him did he love his wife and he said yes! Dr Laxer explained to me that I had severe Stenosis. My spinal cord was pinched in 6 places. I was afraid but After discussing with Dr Laxer I knew I had been recommended to one of the best. I knew going in that this was serious surgery, but I had complete confidence in Dr Laxer. I researched him and knew that he was top in his field and knew that he had my best interest in mind knowing that my quality of life had to improve. I am back riding horses, camp, hike, cut wood, and put up hay....I have very little pain from the surgery and if had to do over again would do so! He is the best of the best! I recommend him highly!

July 17th, 2015
Highly Recommend Dr. Laxer
I highly recommend Dr. Laxer to anyone who is looking for a physician specializing in spine / back conditions. He performed my microdiscectomy and I couldn't be happier with the results, no more sciatica pain. Prior to my surgery Dr. Laxer always took the time at my appointments to talk with me about my condition and test results (MRI, EMG, etc.) with real interest and concern. If I contacted him through the Patient Portal messaging or his office I always got a prompt response. His staff is very friendly and kind, his surgery scheduler Angel, appropriately named, went above and beyond. I appreciated that Dr. Laxer was not quick to suggest surgery but rather recommended and tried other treatment options first. My husband and I both felt very confident in him and in his decision when it came time for surgery. Happy to be pain free again!

July 10th, 2015
Great Surgeon
Dr. Laxer was a life saver. I was in so much pain and had been for 6-8 months. All the Dr. in my community said I would have to have spinal fusion with plates, screws ect. I knew what kind of recovery that would mean and did not want to have that facing me. Dr. Laxer is a conservative physicain and I appreciated that about him. He was informative and well qualified. He answered all my questions and told me what to expect. I came out of surgery with no pain ( only soreness). I remain pain free 8 weeks later. I can not say enough for this man. I am so glad i found him. I would recommend him to anyone. I had spinal decompression. A miracle in my eyes!!! Definitely 5 stars!!

May 15th, 2015
Doctor Laxer is just what I needed, I am pleased with his diagnosis, and results.

April 18th, 2015
Dr. Laxer is THE BEST!
I thanked Dr. Laxer on my post-op appointment for giving my life back to me.