Dr. Eric Layne Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Eric Layne?

Adult ADHD

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Eric Layne?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

March 27th, 2015

i found Dr. Layne a very personable and kind. He seems genuinely interested in what my concerns were and how we could work together to get to where I wanted to be with my treatment and or meds. He seemed very educated and up to date on information in this field. I'm excited to have him take over my treatment plan and can finally feel relieved that I'm moving forward and not stuck in the never ending cycle of uncertainty. I did not however find his receptionists to be friendly or easily approachable.

September 12th, 2014

Not so good

He diagnosed me with a personality disorder while I was detoxing from alcohol. I was very grouchy and my life was in shambles, and I regret not being a nicer patient. But I have a lengthy history of depression and was hospitalized and treated by some of the best psychiatrists in the country, who never diagnosed me with a personality disorder. Sometimes, inexperienced physicians will take their dislike of a patient as meaning there is something pathological about a patient's personality. Happened here. Very unprofessional. Once I was on the addiction unit, he never followed up with me. The personality disorder label followed me around and I actually overheard a staff doctor saying that I was pretending to have symptoms of an upper respiratory infection because I have a personality disorder. So he refused to prescribe antibiotics. I spent the next two weeks with a fever of 102 and a terrible cough, having trouble breathing. That doctor caught me overhearing him and later apologized. What a nightmare.

April 19th, 2009

Eric M. Layne, MD has been my psychiatrist for the past year. I trust in his diagnosis. He takes the time to listen and answer my questions. He is very caring and professional. I feel safe and comfortable under his care. He will help me get well.

August 29th, 2015