Dr. Eric Lee MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 6th, 2016
Very pleased with my choice of Dr.Eric Lee &"staff
Dr.& staff very helpful, patient & proffessional @ first visit. I was in escruciating pain & very hard to treat with x-rays & getting on exam table. They were troopers& able to get it done. Dr. Lee was so good natured but compassionate to my pain & gave me hope to find treatment to help. I look forward to my next appt. as I'm already much better since seeing him.

July 6th, 2015
Ankle Surgery
I fell down the steps and injured my ankle. Broke it in two different places. It actually was at 90 angle from where it should have been. After going to the emergency room, I was referred to Dr. Eric Lee. He did surgery on my ankle which involved a plate and 6 screws on one side and 2 screws on the other side. My surgery was not easy as my bones were like mush. I was just happy I could walk again. It took a long time to heal but it did heal and I was extremely patient and did pretty much what I was told. Five years after the surgery my ankle started hurting again. Dr. Lee suggested that I get the the hardware removed. He even sent me for a 2nd opinion to make sure this was the best treatment. I had the hardware removed and my ankle is so much better (that was last summer). It only hurts when the weather changes. I was very impressed with Dr. Lee's bedside manner, professionalism and expertise. I would recommend him to anyone as he took the time to listen as did not hurry me out of the office.

June 26th, 2013
Great Surgeon!!
Dr. Lee did my shoulder surgery 5 months ago. He is a truly skilled surgeon. His diagnosis was spot on, and I am doing amazing post-operation. I feel better that I have felt in over a year. He has a wonderful bedside manner and you can tell that he truly cares about his patients. He has a great office staff. The girls that make the appointments are always so sweet and fun to interact with when you call or come into the office. The nurses that work in the back are very knowledgeable to answer all my questions, and very kind when taking you back to the exam room. I have only had wonderful experiences when coming to Dr.Lee's office. I would highly recommend Dr.Lee to all my family and friends!

April 22nd, 2013
Appt
I was patient with Dr lee on 2007 o 2008 I need to have an apt and it was frustrating trying to make an appt. It went to Dr Lee voice mail, I call back it went to the assistant V/M who said that she doesn't work on Mondays. Something is wrong with this service customer service for the patient. I know he is good, maybe now he doesn't work every day.......?

March 1st, 2013
I went to doctor Lee years ago. He preformed both of my knee surgerys. Doctor Lee and his staff is very friendly and helpful. I am currently going back to see doctor Lee today to get my knees check again, that's how much I like him and his work after all these years.

October 3rd, 2012
Beware
I don't know why people rated him as high as they did. My joint replacement surgery just barely improved my prior condition. He didn't believe in proper pain control. He didn't want to bother with me when I went back after surgery with questions regarding continuing pain and joint malfunction.

September 11th, 2012
This Doctor was great . All through the pre op and postop . Friendly up beat and definatly a skilled surgeon. I have many operations and this guy is all aces to me. He went above and beyond using the latest techniques. Some that even Koby Bryant had to go to Europe for .Realy I just want to thank him publically for his superior Job . I Thank God for him.

July 28th, 2011
Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
Dr Lee operated on my shoulder after trying all of the conservative methods to relieve the pain. He took the time to explain everthing to me, including showing me the Xrays and MRI films. After the surgery, he even gave me the arthroscopic pictures he took. I would highly recommend Dr Lee to anyone with shoulder/knee problems. These are his speciality!

May 29th, 2011
ACL SURGERY
Dr. Lee has been great from the get go. Gave all information and options. Made recommendations and wanted me to be aware of all procedures. Everyone I know that has seen him for one thing or another has been pleased. I would highly recommend Dr. Lee.

August 26th, 2010
Suuper caring and considerate. Concerned about patients and wants the best for everyone. Amazing surgeon!

October 19th, 2009
I felt like a corpse
When the doctor came in, he brought 4 juniors with him. He rushed through the questions/motions, and ignored what I said. I could have been dead, and the treatment would have been the same.His preliminary diagnosis was arthritis. I know my body better than that. I will get the MRI, but take it to another surgeon.

August 14th, 2009
Misdiagnosed and paid the price for it
In 2005 I was in a car accident I was in major pain and was limping and could hardly woke. Dr Eric Lee in Orange told was not really taking the time to listen and seemed more concerned with impressing his entourage . the 2nd time he had to take a call on his cell phone during my appointment. I would call and say how much pain I was in and how i could hardly woke and how I could not even make it back to my car sometimes and that I would have to write the mobile carts in stores -he would tell the nurses just to tell me to ice and rest. One day I showed him the area of my pain and he said " that is your meniscus area ,but It should not hurt like that" He went on to say how his fellow colleague has a torn meniscus but it doesn't ever hurt him. when I looked On line it explained how a torn meniscus can hurt and a Orthopedic surgeon doesn't even know that and compares me to another person and bases my diagnosis on that . That is scary ! I could not take the pain any more and I was sick of limping and being brushed off and was always told to ice and rest and that's it. He even told me I'm a hard case and made a joke saying - I should have picked a easier problem. He even had me take a MRi saying it was probably caused from my back and I knew it was my knee and even explained how My knee went into the dash bored in a bad car accident.One day I was at my wits end w/ the limping and intense pain and I was getting scared I would have to live like this.He made me feel that way. I went to the office and asked one of the nurses who was compassionate some questions and explained how i felt .All of a sudden one the other nurses I usually talked to when I called came out and took over the conversation -she just started snapping at me and I was taken back by how she treated me and She was like i already told you to keep icing and there is nothing wrong with your knee or Dr lee would see it etc, She made me feel like it was in my head. I iced and braced my knee for 8 months and they would make me wait a while to get in and treat me like it was no bid deal and that It was okay that i had to ride cars around stores. I already felt vulnerable and just wanted to get better and was polite and patient( overly patient) I than asked If i could pick up my Mri so I could go somewhere else and get a second opinion the nurse made me feel bad and she was very defensive with me ,she made me feel bad to the point of tears/ She was very intimidating and was a little nicer after she made me cry. I was being nice when she rudely interrupted me speaking to the other nurse and acted like I did something wrong for wanting to get to teh bottom of it all after 8 months of going through all that and I just wanted some compassion. The nurse went to talk to the Dr. and told him I wanted to take my Mri to get another opinion, he didn't come out to talk to me, he just told her how know one ill ever find anything wrong w/my knee. I took my Mri to another Dr.( Dr mikulak in Newport) w/in 5 min of my appointment-the Dr. just looked at my Mri and -he found I had torn He also moved my leg specific ways and said it was pretty obvious right away it was a torn meniscus- he got me right into surgery. He helped my limp, Unfortunately due to teh fact Dr lee let me hobble around like that for 8 months my pain went chronic and I have a strong feeling If I got the right treatment I would not be in so much pain 4 yrs later. I have read that if you walk around to long w/a torn meniscus it can cause arthritis etc. When I asked if Dr. lee would drop my $10 ( only ten dollars) co payment based on principal. he would not" the nurse said " he feels he gave you the proper treatment according to the evidence. He misdiagnosed me. It seems he didn't have more to say and I guess he feels no remorse to how the situation was handled.I wrote this cause it's four years later and I still suffer because of this situation and I do not want any one else to have to go through this and I hope he can read this and take more time and listen to his patients better and not base one patients diagnosis on how another person feels ,we all have different degrees of pain and the injury its self. He ma be good for some people and maybe he has grown as a Dr. I hope :)